What we learned this week

Great game by the Huskers tonight. Keep it going! :thumbs:worship:clap

To work on:

Special teams coverage on kickoffs...just have Adi kick it out the back of the endzone. Someone is going to break one if we don't get better.

Fumbles...still putting the ball on the turf. Martinez and Burkhead even though we got them back. And close one with Robinson but knee was down.

These two things above will lose a game for us if we don't clean it up.

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

First off when discussing the tackling we have to just face a fact. Our defense is small and fast. SMALL and FAST. them "missed tackles" were not such but rather "broken" tackles by Thomas. Just like the Nunn texas fumble in 06, sometimes you just need to admit that the other guy just simply made a play as opposed to us screwing it up.

The Nunn fumble has always annoyed the hell out of me. People complaining about how we passed it in that situation when it would have been better if we just ran it right at them for the 1st down, but what they don't mention is the fact that the play worked. Nunn caught the ball and had a first down, the Texas DB put his hat on the ball and that caused the fumble. If that play happened the exact same way 10 times, you're probably looking at a fumble at least 7 times. It's not a knock on Nunn, who was a solid WR for his time here, it's a fact that the DB made a great play.

But other than that the only bad thing I saw about the team tonight would be the porous Kickoff return defense. Something that needs to be shored up even if this game was an anomaly.

Also I noticed Gomes getting burned a couple times on those short crossing routes. Don't know if he was feeling it tonight or what, but it might be something to look at.

The Nunn fumble has always annoyed the hell out of me. People complaining about how we passed it in that situation when it would have been better if we just ran it right at them for the 1st down, but what they don't mention is the fact that the play worked. Nunn caught the ball and had a first down, the Texas DB put his hat on the ball and that caused the fumble. If that play happened the exact same way 10 times, you're probably looking at a fumble at least 7 times. It's not a knock on Nunn, who was a solid WR for his time here, it's a fact that the DB made a great play.

But other than that the only bad thing I saw about the team tonight would be the porous Kickoff return defense. Something that needs to be shored up even if this game was an anomaly.

Also I noticed Gomes getting burned a couple times on those short crossing routes. Don't know if he was feeling it tonight or what, but it might be something to look at.

Well it was easier for them to get those because that was what we were giving them underneath. It's all part of the master plan.