Special Tunnel Walk for the UT game

And it all comes full circle... I feel like I just got done watching Memento.

What current tunnel walk is the best in your opinion? And also what do you think they will do with the tunnel walk on saturday?

The best tunnel walk ever was in 2006, hands down.

I know what they will do with the tunnel walk on Saturday. It's sitting on my computer right now. But I won't be telling anybody :).

I know for a fact there will not be any F-114 Stealths flying over this game. I do know that there will be T-38 jets flying, although I don't know exactly how many but at least two im guessing 4. My cousin is in the Air Force at a base in Texas and a HUGE Husker fan. He put his name in about a year ago to try to get the flyover to this game, AND HE GOT IT!! My whole family is going to the game to watch this once in a lifetime event. Can't wait to see him fly and get announced on the field later in the game!!!!

Just saw your cousin finishing up his practice run. Two T-38s just touched down about ten minutes ago. A friend who lives on the other end of the runway says they just shook her house up.

I don't know for sure but the NE ANG unit is a refueling squadron so I don't know why they'd be using an advanced jet trainer...

I'm guessing if it is T-38's they're probably from Randolph AFB near San Antonio or Sheppard AFB near some small town...

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

We are an air refueling unit, but they have these little dart-shaped planes like the T-38 as well. Not sure why we have them (maybe so we have planes to fly to help train the fueling unit?), but I know they're part of the local operation. They talked about them on a tour I took of the base a while back, but I can't remember for certain what the plane was called. Plus I see them flying around nearly every day. Some of those pilots like to open up the throttle on the way up and it makes a nice sound. And by nice I mean really, really loud.

To my knowledge (being ANG - no not in nebraska), Nebraska doesn't have T-38s only the KC-135. The T-38 are used to train fighter pilots to assist with getting used to pulling high g's (major reason that NASA uses them as well). Granted, i haven't been there in a long while but the unit in Lincoln has no purpose for T-38s. They had to have come from out of state. The story about them coming from Texas makes since because our largest T-38 training unit is based in San Antonio with a few squadrons scattered around.

We are an air refueling unit, but they have these little dart-shaped planes like the T-38 as well. Not sure why we have them (maybe so we have planes to fly to help train the fueling unit?), but I know they're part of the local operation. They talked about them on a tour I took of the base a while back, but I can't remember for certain what the plane was called. Plus I see them flying around nearly every day. Some of those pilots like to open up the throttle on the way up and it makes a nice sound. And by nice I mean really, really loud.

To my knowledge (being ANG - no not in nebraska), Nebraska doesn't have T-38s only the KC-135. The T-38 are used to train fighter pilots to assist with getting used to pulling high g's (major reason that NASA uses them as well). Granted, i haven't been there in a long while but the unit in Lincoln has no purpose for T-38s. They had to have come from out of state. The story about them coming from Texas makes since because our largest T-38 training unit is based in San Antonio with a few squadrons scattered around.

I can promise you we have similar planes here in Lincoln. I see them probably four days out of every week, minimum. They're not flying here from somewhere else, like the 747s and AWACs that come here from Omaha to use the runway for touch-and-goes. These planes I'm talking about are stationed here.

The fly-by planes for tomorrow are not the planes I'm talking about, which jives with the guy saying they're his cousin and wingman. These are different planes than what we fly, and definitely a different paint job. Ours are similar in shape, maybe a little smaller, and have a darker, solid paint job. Ours are similar in shape to the "MIGs" from Top Gun, if that helps.

I can promise you we have similar planes here in Lincoln. I see them probably four days out of every week, minimum. They're not flying here from somewhere else, like the 747s and AWACs that come here from Omaha to use the runway for touch-and-goes. These planes I'm talking about are stationed here.

The fly-by planes for tomorrow are not the planes I'm talking about, which jives with the guy saying they're his cousin and wingman. These are different planes than what we fly, and definitely a different paint job. Ours are similar in shape, maybe a little smaller, and have a darker, solid paint job. Ours are similar in shape to the "MIGs" from Top Gun, if that helps.

I can back up that the planes based in Lincoln are indeed T-38s. I live just west of the runway and I see then all the time (almosy daily). They will often be training with f-15 "type" fighters (2 T-38s and 2 "f-15's"), and they shake the whole house some days. Two T-38's were flying today, as they often do the day before the game. I also noticed a c-130 that I normally don't see at the base.