Special Tunnel Walk for the UT game

Hope they land in time for the game. Our flyovers have been weak lately.

I still want some F-114 Stealths to flyover.

I know for a fact there will not be any F-114 Stealths flying over this game. I do know that there will be T-38 jets flying, although I don't know exactly how many but at least two im guessing 4. My cousin is in the Air Force at a base in Texas and a HUGE Husker fan. He put his name in about a year ago to try to get the flyover to this game, AND HE GOT IT!! My whole family is going to the game to watch this once in a lifetime event. Can't wait to see him fly and get announced on the field later in the game!!!!

GBR

That is very cool. Tell him congratulations from all of Huskerboard. Also tell him to make sure that he really enjoys this once in a lifetime experience. Also, my brother is an MP, tell them for me that I appreciate everything that they do for this country.

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

I didn't know that. I guess the thing was over 30 years old already... and the F-22 is a major piece of kick a$$

Aaaaaaaaaaaaactually.........I was stationed at Edwards when the F-22 and the not so well known YF-23 (google it) were in competition. Talking to some of the test pilots at the time, the F-22 was inferior to the F-23 however, comma...politics took hold and voila! We have the F-22.

@Minnesota Husker...it's extremely difficult to get the timing just right when doing a flyover. Everything leading up to the National Anthem and subsequent flyover affects the timing.

Talking to some of the test pilots at the time, the F-22 was inferior to the F-23 however, comma...politics took hold and voila! We have the F-22.

I have an uncle who is a pilot and is still chummy with former AF buddies. He says the same thing - the F-22 wasn't the best plane, it was just the one whose contract got picked up. Gotta love politics.

Talking to some of the test pilots at the time, the F-22 was inferior to the F-23 however, comma...politics took hold and voila! We have the F-22.

I have an uncle who is a pilot and is still chummy with former AF buddies. He says the same thing - the F-22 wasn't the best plane, it was just the one whose contract got picked up. Gotta love politics.

I'm not saying the F-22 isn't a good airplane, but the Air Force and the taxpayers IMO, were shorted on that deal.

I have a picture somewhere that I acquired from an aerial photog buddy who snapped a photo of both airplanes, in flight, side by side. He had to keep it on the downlow because at the time, the aircraft were in competition and they were not allowed to fly side by side. I remember my buddy telling me the F-23 was faster and capable of doing things the -22 could not. Amazes me sometimes how these things play out.

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

I didn't know that. I guess the thing was over 30 years old already... and the F-22 is a major piece of kick a$

Aaaaaaaaaaaaactually.........I was stationed at Edwards when the F-22 and the not so well known YF-23 (google it) were in competition. Talking to some of the test pilots at the time, the F-22 was inferior to the F-23 however, comma...politics took hold and voila! We have the F-22.

@Minnesota Husker...it's extremely difficult to get the timing just right when doing a flyover. Everything leading up to the National Anthem and subsequent flyover affects the timing.

Yeah that YF-23 was one menacing looking piece of gear. I guess it was more stealthy, while the F-22 was more maneuverable. I dont know, either one I'm sure can kill you dead before you even have a chance to think about it.

post-4100-048881400 1287083491.jpg

Sweet Jesus, how would you like to see that in your rear-view......

Edit: I really need to start resizing pictures before I post... Sorry about that...

I didn't know that. I guess the thing was over 30 years old already... and the F-22 is a major piece of kick a$

Yeah that YF-23 was one menacing looking piece of gear. I guess it was more stealthy, while the F-22 was more maneuverable. I dont know, either one I'm sure can kill you dead before you even have a chance to think about it.

Sweet Jesus, how would you like to see that in your rear-view......

When I worked on the flight line and would see it taxi by I would think "Man that is one badass looking airplane!!" It was more awesome to see in person than in the pictures. It really was a menacing looking aircraft.

Only to de-rail the thread even more.... my favorite as always been the A-10's. Going through training as AF security forces, we were told to "just put a vehicle in front of it" if anyone tried to steal a plane, EXCEPT the A-10, it may not be able to drive over, or around very well, but it sure the hell can blow you away with the cannon.

Uh, got it.