Speed Racer

From journal-star blog:

Posted by: Steve Sipple on October 14, 2010 at 11:34AM CST

How does Texas attempt to replicate Taylor Martinez's speed as the Longhorns prepare to face Nebraska?

By using a player nicknamed "Speed Racer," of course.

Brock Fitzhenry, a 5-foot-9, 178-pound sophomore wide receiver, is taking snaps daily against Texas' top defense, according to Chuck Carlton of The Dallas Morning News.

A native of Giddings, Texas, Fitzhenry was a four-year starter as a quarterback in high school. He produced 9,113 yards of total offense, including 7,158 rushing on 10.4 per carry.

Martinez has averaged 10.8 yards per rush this season.

Wonder if "Speed Racer's" first couple steps are as quick as Martinez's?

One other note: Texas, as you might expect, has taken a hard look at what South Dakota State did to slow Nebraska's ground attack.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extra_Group/Husker_Extra/blog/prepping_for_martinez.html

Posted by: Steve Sipple on October 14, 2010 at 11:34AM CST

One other note: Texas, as you might expect, has taken a hard look at what South Dakota State did to slow Nebraska's ground attack.

I'll bet that comes as a complete surprise to Bo and Co. I'll bet they had no idea going into a sure win that if they showed areas of vulnerability that they would open avenues of research for opponents.

I'll bet Bo is afraid of Texas doing exactly what SDSU did to us.

Exactly. What. SDSU. Did.

Think about it.

Part of me really wonders whether what happened in the SDSU game was due to their gameplan or our lack of execution/passion. Probably a mixture of both. I do know that the team has watched the tape from that game and learned from that experience.

I'd say the latter of the two. If we'd executed the way we're supposed to, SDSU's gameplan would've been rendered useless b/c when our boys execute, there's no FCS team and very few BCS teams that could stand in our way.