Coach Ek

oNe

So my cousin runs karaoke at a local Lincoln bar called the Grata, and I went out to visit him tonight only to find out that on every Thursday coach Ekeler comes out and talks to the crowd here about the game the week before and the upcoming game. And I'm happy to brag that I know some of the different defensive schemes we are running this weekend to beat Texas. Plus he showed us the video they are gunna show the team before the game. Awesome stuff.

So next Thursday head out to the grata, he takes questions and hangs out for awhile, and Mike Rozier even showed up tonight along with touchdown Tommie. Hadn't seen a post about this before so I figured I should be unselfish and share with the awesome board members :).

So my cousin runs karaoke at a local Lincoln bar called the Grata, and I went out to visit him tonight only to find out that on every Thursday coach Ekeler comes out and talks to the crowd here about the game the week before and the upcoming game. And I'm happy to brag that I know some of the different defensive schemes we are running this weekend to beat Texas. Plus he showed us the video they are gunna show the team before the game. Awesome stuff.

So next Thursday head out to the grata, he takes questions and hangs out for awhile, and Mike Rozier even showed up tonight along with touchdown Tommie. Hadn't seen a post about this before so I figured I should be unselfish and share with the awesome board members :).

I can't believe nobody has posted the video of him from 1993 on Youtube. It was a VHS called "Sixth Straight Big 8," or something like that. (Whatever the # was). And there's a shot of Ekeler in a bunch of that black goop football players put on their face and he had a short mohawk.

As long as everyone here realizes that this local bar ain't downtown, it's down on 27th and Yankee Hill. But it is a very nice bar, very white collar, just think of the neighborhood it is in. Wilderness Ridge. I'm building the new Subaru dealership right across the street from it.

the Grata used to be cougar central when I lived in Lincoln. All those rich housewives from south Lincoln liked to go there and get drinks and flirt with younger guys... add in the element of husker football, and that place just gets even better.

Yes yes, the Grata is still famous for being a cougar hideout, I highly suggest it.

As for the schemes, he was going over it from a linebackers point of view (obviously) but a lot of it was reading the offensive linemen and knowing that when they do a certain move, one was called the elephant line, then they are automatically tought to go the opposite way of the lineman because it's always going to be a rollout to the opposite side of the way the linemen are pulling. Another was after they get a big play and do hurry up they always like to run a QB read and try to get the defense out of position. He covered a lot more interesting stuff but I don't want to give more away in case that snake brown is trolling our boards.

One interesting thing he said was is he always felt the defense played better on the road because at home the stadium gets rockin on defense, which makes it harder for communication defensively. But also added that if it wasn't loud, he would be disapointed in us. Saturday can't come soon enough.

:bonesflag::throwdabones1: