Thank you Zach Lee

Since you played almost 1/2 the game I'm sure someone will find a way to blame the loss on you but.....

You came in with some poise and moved the ball when T-magic tinkled down his leg. 4th and 18 and you threw a TD.....oh, wait, should've been a TD.

Apparently when people drop passes and the line isn't able to open truck sized running holes T-magic is T-freshman. And I thought everything last year was your fault. Who knew?

Total and comnplete horsesh*t.

Z. Lee did the same thing Tmart did.....throw balls to wrs who dropped them. Your disgusting post is pathetic.

So what did he actually accomplish?? Zero points (gee, imagine that).

Wrong son. [sic]

I missed all of those points that Lee led the team to, then. I'll have to rewatch the highlight reel, I guess.

Hey he got 3 points in basically 1 quarter of play. Tmart got 3 points in 3 quarters of play. Not saying who was better. When Tmart was in their was atleast 5 dropped passes, 3 of them touchdowns. But his accuracy was a little off... there was some under throws, over throws and some behind the receivers. When Lee was in he seemed to make better decisions on the zone read. I have no idea why we are running the zone read with him in their. Most if not all were on the money, except that batted pass.

Please do not post on here any more. Do you follow college football at all? I hope you are a TROLL! TROLL TROLL TROLL please be a TROLL because that is just insane.

This from someone with less than 40 posts. Pot meet kettle :facepalm:

Oh yeah since the more post you have means the more credible you are. Hand in face

Please do not post on here any more. Do you follow college football at all? I hope you are a TROLL! TROLL TROLL TROLL please be a TROLL because that is just insane.

Oh yeah since the more post you have means the more credible you are. Hand in face

Husker X has over 3500 posts and has been a member since 07. You have barely 40 and have been a member since June. You fail the credibility test

Husker X has over 3500 posts and has been a member since 07. You have barely 40 and have been a member since June. You fail the credibility test

Ok so let me get this straight the longer you have been a "member" makes you more credible and also allows you to have more authority over others that have less time on their hands and cant post every day for the last few years. Wow this is just getting really ridiculous, the internet world must live by different rules then the real world.

Ok so let me get this straight the longer you have been a "member" makes you more credible and also allows you to have more authority over others that have less time on their hands and cant post every day for the last few years. Wow this is just getting really ridiculous, the internet world must live by different rules then the real world.

yes chomper you need to have no life and have 99999 posts LOL!

yes chomper you need to have no life and have 99999 posts LOL!

Ok thanks thats what I thought.

T-Magic is a wild dog being let loose on the field, not a great football player. He's athletic enough to blow away competition not ready for his level of speed, but the best hunters are going to gun him down like he's nothing. Texas crushed that kid today. Lee came in and we saw a quarterback that if he'd had a chance to play a full game probably would have had us in position to win.

?????

aside from the fumble IMO thats what martinez did? 4 drops, 3 were touchdowns. 1 wouldve been a very tough catch. 1 would have put us inside the ten

He made the wrong read on the zone read on many occassions. And he also did the same against Kstate. Luckily they sucked. Texas, not so much.

T-Magic is a wild dog being let loose on the field, not a great football player. He's athletic enough to blow away competition not ready for his level of speed, but the best hunters are going to gun him down like he's nothing. Texas crushed that kid today. Lee came in and we saw a quarterback that if he'd had a chance to play a full game probably would have had us in position to win.

?????

aside from the fumble IMO thats what martinez did? 4 drops, 3 were touchdowns. 1 wouldve been a very tough catch. 1 would have put us inside the ten

He made the wrong read on the zone read on many occassions. And he also did the same against Kstate. Luckily they sucked. Texas, not so much.

I'm very curious how you know that. As our qb could be reading almost anybody (DT, DE, OLB, etc), how do you "know" he read it wrong?

Since you played almost 1/2 the game I'm sure someone will find a way to blame the loss on you but.....

You came in with some poise and moved the ball when T-magic tinkled down his leg. 4th and 18 and you threw a TD.....oh, wait, should've been a TD.

Apparently when people drop passes and the line isn't able to open truck sized running holes T-magic is T-freshman. And I thought everything last year was your fault. Who knew?

Total and comnplete horsesh*t.

Z. Lee did the same thing Tmart did.....throw balls to wrs who dropped them. Your disgusting post is pathetic.

So what did he actually accomplish?? Zero points (gee, imagine that).

Someones not a lee fan.. quit being a d bag and suck it up. Can't handle a loss? Go back to remembering the basics of anything... you're annoying ;)

After the first, or even fourth 5-7 yard loss, we should've scrapped the zone read, except for play action off of it - keep throwing until those OLB's and safeties start backing off. Keep throwing. the receivers gotta start catching it sooner or later. ut had guys all over the LOS salivating over the read, and watson wasn't smart enough to take advantage of it.

tmart was also pulled because he was becoming a fumble machine - couldn't even handle a center snap. helu and burkhead were wide open underneath all game, and lee finally started throwing to them toward the end.

qb trey/draw will be our best play with martinez running it, and we can even run play action off of that. i don't understand why watson kept calling zone read when the horns gameplanned to stop it - it was obvious from the first snap.

Wow, a lot to digest here. Not sure how much I can chime in, given that I missed the game. I just looked over the stat sheet. The support for Lee in this thread is heartening, but surprising given his statline. 4/9 for 13 yards? What'd I miss.

I don't really buy into the 'receiver drops adjust QB stats' argument generally; all QBs have to deal with dropped balls. When you're talking about 9 incompletions or 7 incompletions (for Martinez and Lee respectively), it would have had to be a pretty epic case of drops (as in, 70% of those being dropped) for it to make a real difference to me.

There was a poster earlier who wanted to see Taylor in an offense that goes away from the zone read. I would respond, he probably can't. His skillset is a bit wedded to it, IMO. He does that "electrifying zone read run" thing very well, but he's not going to pick apart complex coverages, adjust to key blitzes, that would allow us to run a diverse passing game out there. In which case, we could be REALLY one-dimensional and run up the middle every play, which would result in nothing almost guaranteed.

Husker_x's post, that was called out as trolling, is RIGHT on the money. Taylor is a guy with potential, but everyone who has loved him so far should not be so offended by criticism of his skills. I think it's been constant, even through his success, and more importantly, it's been right. Taylor is crazy and athletic, but he's not matured in his development as a quarterback, which as it turns out, involves more than running instincts and quickness. There were many worries from way in the beginning of the season that a athletic, complex defense like Will Muschamp's (a top d-coord, for sure) would simply eat Taylor alive. Well, turns out that was right, but most dismissed it before today. There were also many reports out of fall camp that Taylor was really, really jittery, but everyone instead latched onto Bo's "cool, calm, and collected" line of coachspeak and refused to see anything but what they wanted to. I didn't see today's game - but I suspect that jitterbug didn't go away just yet.

What does all of this mean? There are 2 things to consider, IMO. Going forward, what do we do at QB? I honestly don't know. A lot of people seem to want Taylor to take his lumps. To me, winning games ALWAYS takes priority. But we've gone with Taylor so far, and it's a bit unfair to him, the situation he is placed in. He can't help being a freshman sometimes, but he also can't help not being the team's best option when he plays like a freshman. Do you stick with him? I worry what it does to his development if you don't. The QB that gets benched, that can really get into a young guy's head. On the flip side, you have to consider. Taylor is good enough to more or less have his way with soft defenses, but there are plenty of defenses around the Longhorns' caliber, when you look at the top teams in the country. What are they going to do to him? Are we really aiming for just 'beat the teams we should, be helpless against the elite'? Obviously not, so there's no reason we should accept that either. You can't sacrifice the future for the sake of the present...though I lean towards sticking with Taylor, because I hate to see guys thrown into unfair situations, and two wrongs don't make a right.

The other side of this to consider is the past. And that is: this handling of the QB situation really deserves to be questioned now. We could have built off a senior and gotten behind him, and brought Taylor along patiently and slowly. Taylor would have the opportunity to help the team with a little bottle of electricity in each game, and give the defense just another headache to have to counter. And he could have done this without subjecting him to benchings and a back-and-forth of "we are all behind him as the starter" and "we say we're all behind him, but you gotta wonder..." That's just plain not right, and with a guy in Taylor's situation, I don't know how in the world this potential problem could not have been foreseen.

Of course some people will be extremely sensitive to any criticism of the staff and their decisions and their favorite players...so I ask that you try to look at this situation as a whole, emotions aside and all.

• Fire 3

Wow, a lot to digest here. Not sure how much I can chime in, given that I missed the game. I just looked over the stat sheet. The support for Lee in this thread is heartening, but surprising given his statline. 4/9 for 13 yards? What'd I miss.

I don't really buy into the 'receiver drops adjust QB stats' argument generally; all QBs have to deal with dropped balls. When you're talking about 9 incompletions or 7 incompletions (for Martinez and Lee respectively), it would have had to be a pretty epic case of drops (as in, 70% of those being dropped) for it to make a real difference to me.

There was a poster earlier who wanted to see Taylor in an offense that goes away from the zone read. I would respond, he probably can't. His skillset is a bit wedded to it, IMO. He does that "electrifying zone read run" thing very well, but he's not going to pick apart complex coverages, adjust to key blitzes, that would allow us to run a diverse passing game out there. In which case, we could be REALLY one-dimensional and run up the middle every play, which would result in nothing almost guaranteed.

Husker_x's post, that was called out as trolling, is RIGHT on the money. Taylor is a guy with potential, but everyone who has loved him so far should not be so offended by criticism of his skills. I think it's been constant, even through his success, and more importantly, it's been right. Taylor is crazy and athletic, but he's not matured in his development as a quarterback, which as it turns out, involves more than running instincts and quickness. There were many worries from way in the beginning of the season that a athletic, complex defense like Will Muschamp's (a top d-coord, for sure) would simply eat Taylor alive. Well, turns out that was right, but most dismissed it before today. There were also many reports out of fall camp that Taylor was really, really jittery, but everyone instead latched onto Bo's "cool, calm, and collected" line of coachspeak and refused to see anything but what they wanted to. I didn't see today's game - but I suspect that jitterbug didn't go away just yet.

What does all of this mean? There are 2 things to consider, IMO. Going forward, what do we do at QB? I honestly don't know. A lot of people seem to want Taylor to take his lumps. To me, winning games ALWAYS takes priority. But we've gone with Taylor so far, and it's a bit unfair to him, the situation he is placed in. He can't help being a freshman sometimes, but he also can't help not being the team's best option when he plays like a freshman. Do you stick with him? I worry what it does to his development if you don't. The QB that gets benched, that can really get into a young guy's head. On the flip side, you have to consider. Taylor is good enough to more or less have his way with soft defenses, but there are plenty of defenses around the Longhorns' caliber, when you look at the top teams in the country. What are they going to do to him? Are we really aiming for just 'beat the teams we should, be helpless against the elite'? Obviously not, so there's no reason we should accept that either. You can't sacrifice the future for the sake of the present...though I lean towards sticking with Taylor, because I hate to see guys thrown into unfair situations, and two wrongs don't make a right.

The other side of this to consider is the past. And that is: this handling of the QB situation really deserves to be questioned now. We could have built off a senior and gotten behind him, and brought Taylor along patiently and slowly. Taylor would have the opportunity to help the team with a little bottle of electricity in each game, and give the defense just another headache to have to counter. And he could have done this without subjecting him to benchings and a back-and-forth of "we are all behind him as the starter" and "we say we're all behind him, but you gotta wonder..." That's just plain not right, and with a guy in Taylor's situation, I don't know how in the world this potential problem could not have been foreseen.

Of course some people will be extremely sensitive to any criticism of the staff and their decisions and their favorite players...so I ask that you try to look at this situation as a whole, emotions aside and all.

I know we disagree on Martinez and Lee and offensive schemes, and pretty much everything to begin with, BUT...

This game was on the wideouts/Burkhead. Burkhead dropped an easy catch that was a walk-in touchdown from Martinez. Niles Paul dropped a nice throw from Martinez that would have given us first and goal inside the 5. Niles Paul dropped another one of those from Lee, as well as a sure TD throw from Lee. Kinnie also dropped a sure TD throw from Lee.

When Martinez was in the game, Texas sold out to stop the zone read. When Martinez took to the air, he had a couple of weak throws, and a couple very strong throws, which were dropped. Only one of the drops was a poor throw, where Niles was racing across the middle uncovered and Martinez threw behind him. Anyways, because of the absence of a passing game (which, as I've stated, was on the receivers, not Martinez) Texas continued to sell out on the zone read with success.

When Lee entered the game, the zone read opened up a little because Texas didn't sell out on it. However, without Martinez's speed, holes that would be big gains for him are 3-4 yarders for Lee. While Lee made some nice throws in the passing game, he was victimized by his receivers, like Martinez was.

So, in summary... Why is anyone on this message board talking about the QB's? They both played fine! Why aren't we talking about a WR controversy? We don't even need great WR's, we just need some determined walkons like Reggie Baul who will actually catch the ball when it hits them square in the hands.

+1. That's why they call zoogies the Bobfather. Great post!