Thank you Zach Lee

Lee played well when he came in, gotta give him that. I have one question thou(and i know i will get alot of crap for this) do we really want to be going thru this again NEXT year? Taylor needs to play and get his lumps now so hes more "seasoned" for the future. Atleast he will have a year of starting under his belt in real game situations with "college speed" and will be that much better next year. Hes going to make MORE mistakes this year and will probably cost us another game. But we have to face it unless Carnes or Turner is a phenom and can pass like Dan Marino and run like..well T Magic...he needs the game experience. If anyone really thought a RF QB was going to lead us to the MNC and win the Heisman you were drinking way too much kool aid my friend. Let the kid play good or bad.

Sorry but pulling him was not a good idea. I really hope Bo and CO are learning how to coach QBS because Cody is already F'ed up and I really hope they dont do the same to T Magic. Who knows Taylor could have broke a big TD and got us back in the game...giving him confidence and the team confidence in him...even if we still lose he has the confidence that when things are bad, it only takes one moment to turn things around...instead hes on the bench wondering if hes good enough to hang with a good defense.

I suppose I just don't understand the attitude of letting Martinez "cost" us games this year so that he can potentially win games for the Huskers with his "experience" next year (you know, because of all of his experience taking his lumps.) As I've said before, if that's the case then they should bench all of the seniors and only play underclassmen who are going to be here next year, regardless of whether we win or lose, so that next year they field the best, most experienced team possible as they enter the Big 10. Extreme? Maybe even to the point of stupid? Yeah, it is, but so is leaving Martinez in a game when he's not getting anything accomplished when they have backups who can provide a different look and possibly put some points on the board.

I'm not saying they win every game with Lee or Green at the helm either, but to discount any positives they can add to the game now because of the slim possibility of Martinez pulling a rabbit out of his hat in the future or because of some misguided notion that he needs to play all four quarters of a game to learn to play in adverse conditions is just a dumb an idea in my opinion as the one I posted above. He was getting nothing done on the field when he was pulled, granted he wasn't getting any help from his receivers or the Texas defense, but it was virtually a three and out from the second quarter on with him at the helm. Lee for whatever reason was able to come off the bench and move the ball. While he didn't do anything magical and pull out a win, he at least put together some drives and got the defense a bit of rest.

As an aside, if Martinez's psyche is so fragile that getting benched for not playing well is going to break him, then maybe a move to another position would be best for him and the team in the long run.

Lee played well when he came in, gotta give him that. I have one question thou(and i know i will get alot of crap for this) do we really want to be going thru this again NEXT year? Taylor needs to play and get his lumps now so hes more "seasoned" for the future. Atleast he will have a year of starting under his belt in real game situations with "college speed" and will be that much better next year. Hes going to make MORE mistakes this year and will probably cost us another game. But we have to face it unless Carnes or Turner is a phenom and can pass like Dan Marino and run like..well T Magic...he needs the game experience. If anyone really thought a RF QB was going to lead us to the MNC and win the Heisman you were drinking way too much kool aid my friend. Let the kid play good or bad.

Sorry but pulling him was not a good idea. I really hope Bo and CO are learning how to coach QBS because Cody is already F'ed up and I really hope they dont do the same to T Magic. Who knows Taylor could have broke a big TD and got us back in the game...giving him confidence and the team confidence in him...even if we still lose he has the confidence that when things are bad, it only takes one moment to turn things around...instead hes on the bench wondering if hes good enough to hang with a good defense.

I suppose I just don't understand the attitude of letting Martinez "cost" us games this year so that he can potentially win games for the Huskers with his "experience" next year (you know, because of all of his experience taking his lumps.) As I've said before, if that's the case then they should bench all of the seniors and only play underclassmen who are going to be here next year, regardless of whether we win or lose, so that next year they field the best, most experienced team possible as they enter the Big 10. Extreme? Maybe even to the point of stupid? Yeah, it is, but so is leaving Martinez in a game when he's not getting anything accomplished when they have backups who can provide a different look and possibly put some points on the board.

I'm not saying they win every game with Lee or Green at the helm either, but to discount any positives they can add to the game now because of the slim possibility of Martinez pulling a rabbit out of his hat in the future or because of some misguided notion that he needs to play all four quarters of a game to learn to play in adverse conditions is just a dumb an idea in my opinion as the one I posted above. He was getting nothing done on the field when he was pulled, granted he wasn't getting any help from his receivers or the Texas defense, but it was virtually a three and out from the second quarter on with him at the helm. Lee for whatever reason was able to come off the bench and move the ball. While he didn't do anything magical and pull out a win, he at least put together some drives and got the defense a bit of rest.

As an aside, if Martinez's psyche is so fragile that getting benched for not playing well is going to break him, then maybe a move to another position would be best for him and the team in the long run.

How Lee "moved the ball" was mostly 45 yards of penalties vs Texas. Those had "zero" to do with Lee. Lee was 4 for 9 passing for 14 yds. That's right...."14" yds. Lee plodded along for 25 yds in ten attempts (2.5 ypc). Whoopie.

Was Lee's passing numbers screwed over by our pathetic wrs? Yes,just like Tmart.

Lastly, Lee comes in to save our bacon down 14 pts and generates a whole big "one" fg (3 points). If that's not shades of last year, what is? The truth is that stats lie and "both" qbs played well but were sabotaged by our wrs (thanks Gilmore).

There's nothing wrong with Tmart's psyche whatsoever. That's simply dreamed up BS.

Sorry but this is a BS post over somebody still crying for Lee. Taylor put balls in right on the money today and they were dropped just the same way Lee's were. He should have never been pulled. If he is the coaches choice as starting QB then let him ride it out.

Sorry but this is a BS post over somebody still "dizzturbed" about Lee. Taylor put some balls in right on the money today, and some of them sucked and they were dropped just the same way Lee's were (which were....all on the money I do believe). He should have been pulled, and was, not because of his throwing, but because of his poor decision making and ability to lead the offense down the field. His zone read game was lousy, straight out.

Pulling Martinez was a good call IMO, because what was the one of the first things Pelini said. He said anyone can lose their job any given day, no job is a lock. Pelini, IMO showed that by pulling Martinez, he didn't do what he needed, and he put in Lee. Pelini showed that he still thinks no matter who you are (yes including you T-mart) you can/will lose your job if you aren't consistent and perform.

How Lee "moved the ball" was mostly 45 yards of penalties vs Texas. Those had "zero" to do with Lee. Lee was 4 for 9 passing for 14 yds. That's right...."14" yds. Lee plodded along for 25 yds in ten attempts (2.5 ypc). Whoopie.

Was Lee's passing numbers screwed over by our pathetic wrs? Yes,just like Tmart.

Lastly, Lee comes in to save our bacon down 14 pts and generates a whole big "one" fg (3 points). If that's not shades of last year, what is? The truth is that stats lie and "both" qbs played well but were sabotaged by our wrs (thanks Gilmore).

There's nothing wrong with Tmart's psyche whatsoever. That's simply dreamed up BS.

Well then, lets compare.

First Downs

Lee - 8 in 2 series

Martinez - 5 in 9 series 5

Even taking away the 3 first downs from Texas penalties Lee, in 2 drives, was able to match what took Martinez 8 drives (not counting the drive Helu fumbled on)

EDGE - LEE

Rushing

Lee - 10 for 25 with 0 yards lost (2.5 YPC)

Martinez - 13 for 39 with 18 yards lost (1.6 YPC)

Passing

EDGE - LEE

Lee - 4 for 9 for 14 yards, no sacks (44% completion rate)

Martinez - 4 for 12 for 63 yards, 1 sack (25% completion rate)

EDGE - Tie, Martinez had more yards, but a lower percentage and a sack. Aw heck, give it to Martinez.

Fumbles

Lee - 1 Fumble, none lost

Martinez - 2 Fumbles, none lost

EDGE - Lee

Penalties

Lee - 0

Taylor - 1 (intentional grounding, a crap call, but still a penalty)

EDGE - Lee

Looking at the numbers Lee is definitely NOT an Heisman candidate (or even a Big 12 Honorable mention) but he put in a better performance than Martinez who just was not, in any way, shape or form, having a good game. Theres just no way to spin it and say Martinez played well or even that he played better than Lee. He deserved to get pulled and Lee put on an admirable show for not having played more than couple series all year.