Impact on Recruits?

We put everything into this game. We publicized it over the summer, the season's rallying cry was based on playing Texas, and Tim Beck came out on Friday and said "We've been preparing for this game for 10 months." The recruits all knew that, they knew what a big game this was, and they all watched us blow it. We look like fools. Kids like Aaron Green are now thinking, "Well, I guess Nebraska really can't beat Texas. Ever."

Trust me, that has little to no effect on a kid like Aaron, or the other kids that were at the game.

You have to consider this... it's still early in the season. A lot of these kids have character and want to take their 5 official visits to honor the schools by giving everyone a fair chance. Several of the kids that visited us this weekend have yet to take more than a couple of official visits. Several of these same kids rated their visit to us a "10", higher than they have rated all previous schools they have visited. I think we made a good impression on several kids this weekend... but I think that these kids want to visit a few more places just to make sure before they go "N". Give it a few weeks guys, when they're ready to make a decision they'll choose us. We'll get our guys!

People are worried about Aaron Green... several insiders say he's a 100% Nebraska kid. But you gotta remember, Aaron did say at the beginning of the season that he wanted to visit each of his top 4 schools. He's visited 2 of his top 4, and he visited Texas for their spring game. He's visited Florida State once, and he's visited Nebraska once to move his brother in, once for the spring game, once at Baylor when we played at Baylor, and once last weekend. Texas has lost 2 games. Cal has lost 3 games. Florida State has lost 1. Nebraska has lost 1. Green has stated numerous times that he's looking for the school that provides that "home" feeling. Since he lives an hour from Texas and his brother is at NU the family part of the home feeling exists at NU and Texas. There's 101 reasons why he would choose NU or Texas... Yes Texas already has a RB commit... but they need better RB's and believe you me would like to have Green. Nebraska really needs a strong RB commit this year since they didn't get one last year and Roy is graduating.

Lots of things to think about here...

Green has stated numerous times that he's looking for the school that provides that "home" feeling.

I usually stay an extra night in the places that I hate with a passion. Dont you?

True! However, he could have stayed to see his brother who happens to live in Lincoln, Nebraska. It may have had nothing to do with football. But then again it might have... who knows... we will find out when Green decides to talk! haha.

Green has stated numerous times that he's looking for the school that provides that "home" feeling.

I usually stay an extra night in the places that I hate with a passion. Dont you?

Why do you keep refering to him "hating" Nebraska, and talking about that extra night? It probably means nothing. He could love Nebraska and still pick Texas. Why do you assume that he hates everywhere except the school he is going to committ to? Heck, he might note even like Nebraska/Lincoln that much but still committ because it's the best fit for him athletically. I'd play football there if I had a chance, but I still think Lincoln is kind of a dive and would be ready to roll out of town after my 4 years was up.

Everyone digs so deep for some meaning behind any itty-bitty little nugget of info that it's getting kind of boring to read. (sorry - still bitter about this weekend. I'm already halfway into my second 30 pack since Saturday morning)