TEXAS PASSING STATS

Despite the ugly loss,Nebraska held TU to 4 of 16 passing for 62 yards. If you would have told me that Texas would only need to complete 4 passes and walk out of Lincoln with a win I would have said you're crazy. 3 of those completions were to RB's, only one receiver caught a pass for Texas.

After Saturday, i guess you can't take receivers "catching" passes for granted but holding an opponent to 4 completions is typically a good recipe for success. However, despite the stingy pass defense, it seems our d has been getting somewhat gouged by mediocre runnings qb's (Gilbert and Coffman). Perhaps that's just because Ricky Thenarse plays on our d, but we seem to play very pass heavy and allow opponents to maintain time consuming drives. I know we run a bend, don't break d, but it's frustrating watching Gilbert Grape run for 71 yds.

I'm not really going anywhere with this, but I was surprised that despite how ugly this game was Texas only had 4 completions. Pretty sure it just reiterates that WE lost this game ourselves with our ineffective offense more than anything. At least Okie State doesn't play D.

• Plus1 1

Despite the ugly loss,Nebraska held TU to 4 of 16 passing for 62 yards. If you would have told me that Texas would only need to complete 4 passes and walk out of Lincoln with a win I would have said you're crazy. 3 of those completions were to RB's, only one receiver caught a pass for Texas.

After Saturday, i guess you can't take receivers "catching" passes for granted but holding an opponent to 4 completions is typically a good recipe for success. However, despite the stingy pass defense, it seems our d has been getting somewhat gouged by mediocre runnings qb's (Gilbert and Coffman). Perhaps that's just because Ricky Thenarse plays on our d, but we seem to play very pass heavy and allow opponents to maintain time consuming drives. I know we run a bend, don't break d, but it's frustrating watching Gilbert Grape run for 71 yds.

I'm not really going anywhere with this, but I was surprised that despite how ugly this game was Texas only had 4 completions. Pretty sure it just reiterates that WE lost this game ourselves with our ineffective offense more than anything. At least Okie State doesn't play D.

Exactly. This past week I was trying to think of all the ways we've lost to Texas and what other possibilities there are, and now I know - dropped passes. Texas won because we fazed ourselves outta the game.

Btw, Okie State gave up only 17 to TTech today. They must have something resembling a defense.

• Plus1 1

the d wasn't terrible or anything but I think at this point we are in the reverse situation as when cosgrove was here in the sense that with him we were always mismatching personnel by having too much beef on the field and now its like teams are coming out and its obvious they are gonna run but we have dime personnel in there and we don't seem to read and take good angles on non spread formation running.

• Plus1 1