please, minnesota, pleeeease

Interestingly enough, Watson's name has been mentioned on twitter by several sports writers, namely Rivals writer Tom Dienhart and CBS Sports writer Dennis Dodd.

Furthermore, I'm of the opinion that wherever Watson goes, Gilmore will go. Watson brought Gilmore with him to Nebraska from Colorado. My guess is Gilmore would be promoted to OC in that scenario.

Hypothetically speaking, if Watson does leave for a HC position and Gilmore follows, I'd like to see Ron Brown take over both WR & TE positions again like the old days. That'd mean one less position coach to hire and pay.

Interestingly enough, Watson's name has been mentioned on twitter by several sports writers, namely Rivals writer Tom Dienhart and CBS Sports writer Dennis Dodd.

Furthermore, I'm of the opinion that wherever Watson goes, Gilmore will go. Watson brought Gilmore with him to Nebraska from Colorado. My guess is Gilmore would be promoted to OC in that scenario.

Hypothetically speaking, if Watson does leave for a HC position and Gilmore follows, I'd like to see Ron Brown take over both WR & TE positions again like the old days. That'd mean one less position coach to hire and pay.

No way they would ever operate with less than a full staff of assistants.

No way they would ever operate with less than a full staff of assistants.

I agree. That statement wasn't meant as a realistic proposition because NCAA rules dictates that there should be nine assistants on staff and no more than two Grad. Asst. However this doesn't disqualify Brown from coaching both TE & WR. Bo would just have to hire another assistant regardless of position in order to comply with NCAA rules.

If guys hold on to the damn ball are we still calling for SW to leave?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not suggesting either/or. I'm just pointing out that Watson's name has been mentioned in the sports blogosphere as a possible option for the Minny job.

YOu do realize that they dropped the ball on 3rd AND LONG situations, right? When has SW called a good gameplan on defense? So its our players fault that watson makes them focus more on blocking than catching in practice? The wrs arent used to game speed catching, because we never pass the ball. We always run on first and second, in fact, we didnt pass on first down until the fourth quarter. you want to be in 3rdn and 5 or less, yet we were consistently in 3rd and longs the whole game (and those are when the drops occured). If youre ok with him beating scrubs then whatever i guess. He never gets us in favorable situations on second or third down when playing good defenses. Thats 4 plays that wrs dropped the ball for good gains..what about the other 50 plays that occured? What happened there? Why dont we run counters or slams that texas have a tough time defending? Once again, watson will NEVER adjust/

Possibly,alot of people really don't like Shawn Watsons predictability and gameplanning.

I'm not saying I haven't had frustrations with Wats, I'm just saying we were dropping and fumbling the ball and if we weren't we win that game which means few calls for SW's head. We also probably move the ball better a little better, not completing passes means Texas continues to play the run. Not saying Wats doesn't have faults but the loss goes way beyond things he did or didn't do. I'm not even wild about some defensive decisions that were made. I'd have pulled Thenarse and put Compton in.