Breakout/Big Game Players for OSU

Husker Z

Okay, as I continue to try to push everyone past the UT game and onto the OSU game, I'll get this one started. Who either breaks out or has a huge game this weekend. Just to be different pick one on offense and defense this week.

Offense: Big Game - Martinez he's shown that he's good at bouncing back. I think OSU will sell out to stop the run and he'll settle in and start hitting McNeil and Reed time and time again, which will open up the run and open up our WR's also. All groups mentioned have a BIG reason to come back strong this week.

Defense: Prince - OSU's offense depends on their QB simply chucking it deep and hoping Blackmon comes down with it. We'll see Prince matching up with him a lot this weekend and I think Prince gets the best of it and has some big plays.

Yes it is but not the onamonapia I was going for.

What say you??

EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH! Wrong! You must have only seen 2 plays this year or else you are watching some Dez Bryant highlights. Most of Blackmon's yards and catches come from drag routes or bubble screens. You might want to pick a different defensive player. I would say pick the one who doesn't get juked out of his boots by Kendall Hunter. I will agree with you on Martinez. O State has continually had troubles with running QBs ala Vince Young. However the one we have faced so far was kept in check but I will give is no where near as quick as Martinez. Should be interesting.

Canadian? Or the Fonz?

I was going for a buzzer sound just couldn't figure out how to put that in words.

maybe 'BUZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEERRRRRRRR'. buzz is an onamonapia.

Yeah, I don't think that was the sound I was going for. I sense some condescension in that response. Thanks though.

Okay, as I continue to try to push everyone past the UT game and onto the OSU game, I'll get this one started. Who either breaks out or has a huge game this weekend. Just to be different pick one on offense and defense this week.

Offense: Big Game - Martinez he's shown that he's good at bouncing back. I think OSU will sell out to stop the run and he'll settle in and start hitting McNeil and Reed time and time again, which will open up the run and open up our WR's also. All groups mentioned have a BIG reason to come back strong this week.

Defense: Prince - OSU's offense depends on their QB simply chucking it deep and hoping Blackmon comes down with it. We'll see Prince matching up with him a lot this weekend and I think Prince gets the best of it and has some big plays.

What say you??

EEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH! Wrong! You must have only seen 2 plays this year or else you are watching some Dez Bryant highlights. Most of Blackmon's yards and catches come from drag routes or bubble screens. You might want to pick a different defensive player. I would say pick the one who doesn't get juked out of his boots by Kendall Hunter. I will agree with you on Martinez. O State has continually had troubles with running QBs ala Vince Young. However the one we have faced so far was kept in check but I will give is no where near as quick as Martinez. Should be interesting.

Canadian? Or the Fonz?

I was going for a buzzer sound just couldn't figure out how to put that in words.

Yeah, I don't think that was the sound I was going for. I sense some condescension in that response. Thanks though.

were you going for the jim rome "EEERRRRR!!!!"? and yes there was some condescension, but it was light hearted.

What say you??

Canadian? Or the Fonz?

were you going for the jim rome "EEERRRRR!!!!"? and yes there was some condescension, but it was light hearted.

:yeah

What say you??

Canadian? Or the Fonz?

yeah, when i read it that is what i heard in my head.

On offense I think it will be McNeil and Reed. Teams are going to be keying on that read option play we've run about 7,000 times for the rest of the year, so if we want to have a productive offense we will have to go to the air a lot more. The key to doing that successfully is to get the ball in these guys' hands. They have been chronically underused to this point, but I look for them to see more balls this week. Especially with how frustrated Martinez got when his usual suspects dropped passes last week.

On defense I think it's make or break time for Crick. He had an excellent game against Idaho, but other then that has been relatively quiet. If our secondary can hold up as well as I think they will, then he will have plenty of time to get to the QB for a few big sacks in this game. And that really goes for the whole defensive line. I would not be surprised if the Blackshirts get 6+ sacks on Saturday.

I would agree that we have seemed to play mostly containment football this year. I don't know if Bo's goal this year is to get to the QB. We didn't get to the QB at all against Texas and Gilbert went 4-16 or something like that with a mere 61 yards. Obviously we are doing something right.

Look for Compton to make an impact. Having him is going to help our front 6-7 out so much. Instead of playing a glorified dime we will actually be able to play the peso with an experienced LB running it. Look for this to be the best game the blackshirts have played all year.

What say you??

Canadian? Or the Fonz?

yeah, when i read it that is what i heard in my head.

Can we have more quote/requotes in one message, please? ;)

Thenarse: I think (and hope) he learned from his piss poor tackling and will have some key stops where he actually wraps up the ball carrier.

Receivers: I think (and hope) they'll actually hang onto the ball

Maybe if hes told that the game isn't being televised, Thenarse will stop trying to be featured on Sports Center, and wrap up someone!

GBR!!!

Thenarse: I think (and hope) he learned from his piss poor tackling and will have some key stops where he actually wraps up the ball carrier.

Receivers: I think (and hope) they'll actually hang onto the ball

Maybe if hes told that the game isn't being televised, Thenarse will stop trying to be featured on Sports Center, and wrap up someone!

GBR!!!

he wraps up less than drunken spring-breakers in cancun.