Zac is ready

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_a9587a94-dcb3-11df-81a0-001cc4c03286.html

Zac Lee said he didn't look at it so much as a challenge as an opportunity when he entered Saturday's game against Texas.

"It's just my job to be ready whenever that may be," Lee said.

The Husker senior quarterback replaced Taylor Martinez with Nebraska down 20-3 with 6:14 left in the third quarter. The ball was on Nebraska's own 5-yard-line.

Not ideal, but Lee wasn't complaining.

He even got a kick out of the fact that one of the Texas defenders held up his hands and said "They're passing, they're passing!" when Lee came into the huddle.

As for replacing Martinez?

"I know our coaches don't like pulling a quarterback," Lee said. "I was in that same situation last year so I know how that goes. It's a hard decision to make. I'm just always going to be ready, and if I'm called upon I'll be ready to go."

Lee led the team on a 16-play, 83-yard drive on his first series that culminated in a field goal.

"Once we got going, I just tried to make good decisions in the passing game, not forcing anything," Lee said.

He ended 4-of-9 passing for 14 yards, but had at least two passes that would definitely be considered drops, including a drop by Brandon Kinnie of a potential 38-yard touchdown.

"We have really good receivers. They've been pretty sure-handed," Lee said. "Just keep throwing them the ball and they'll make plays."

Lee was asked what a young quarterback like Martinez has to do to work on his leadership abilities.

"It's just gotta come from who you are," Lee said. "Everyone kind of leads in a different way. I couldn't even really tell you what my leadership style is. I just kind of go in there and try to be me and just try to get the guys going. You just have to be true as to who you are as a person and it can't be false in any way."

Lee expects Martinez will bounce back well.

"Taylor's a pretty resilient kid," he said. "He'll be alright."

""We have really good receivers. They've been pretty sure-handed," Lee said"

Ut oh, I smell politics. This is either from the Onion, or Martinez has been hard on the receivers & Zac is trying to get his job back.

Or he know what to say, when to say it. Saying the right thing. :dunno

He better be trying to get his job back, thats what competition is all about, it makes everyone better.

Ut oh, I smell politics. This is either from the Onion, or Martinez has been hard on the receivers & Zac is trying to get his job back.

Or he know what to say, when to say it. Saying the right thing. :dunno

He better be trying to get his job back, thats what competition is all about, it makes everyone better.

Bingo...........*cough* Niles take note *cough*

What do you expect him to say? Those are his teammates.

Well, he could have said that they need to get the ball in his hands more often if they want to win (cough, cough).