newcomers

kramer

Some have yet to see a whole lot of time, but J. Congdon looked a lot more comfotable today nailing all his kicks, with confidence

I don't think he's very good. His kick offs are terrible. He had the wind and couldn't make it out of the end zone. Luckily for us they had panicos back there returning them. He hasn't kicked a long or even hardly medium field goal yet. His kicks look ugly to me. we will see.

Some have yet to see a whole lot of time, but J. Congdon looked a lot more comfotable today nailing all his kicks, with confidence

I don't think he's very good. His kick offs are terrible. He had the wind and couldn't make it out of the end zone. Luckily for us they had panicos back there returning them. He hasn't kicked a long or even hardly medium field goal yet. His kicks look ugly to me. we will see.

He's had the most points out of any player this year so far. 20.

I have to agree. He may end up being good, but he never did get a KO to the end zone, even with a strong wind at his back. And the one FG was pretty ugly.

Just curious - so was that Dyches kicking off when the ball nearly went through the back of the endzone a couple times, and caused the returner to fumble?

I guess I dont remember a ball going into the EZ. I remember one at the goal line that was dropped, but the plays were right in front of me, and I may have missed something when the guy in front of me stood up.

That was the one where he brought it out to the 1/2 yard line, I think.

You think that he wasn't trying to kick it through the endzone. I mean their guys couldn't catch the kickoffs. I didn't see the Vandy game so I don't know if it happened then also.

Who cares how a kick looks as long as it makes it goes in between the posts. That is a lame arguement. Last I checked he is 5-5 on FG.

Benard Panico always caught the ball so your statement doesn't make sense. Nice try though. Oh and by the way that guy is a 2 time All ACC RB that they had back there.

I have to agree. He may end up being good, but he never did get a KO to the end zone, even with a strong wind at his back. And the one FG was pretty ugly.

Did it go in? Yes. You don't have to kick the ball 50 yards when you only need 25. ;)

The only thing I think this 18 year old has to work on is getting ball a bit higher as it leaves the line. However, that will probably take some distance off of it. This kid is a serious student of the kicking game.

Just curious - so was that Dyches kicking off when the ball nearly went through the back of the endzone a couple times, and caused the returner to fumble?

I guess I dont remember a ball going into the EZ. I remember one at the goal line that was dropped, but the plays were right in front of me, and I may have missed something when the guy in front of me stood up.

That was the one where he brought it out to the 1/2 yard line, I think.

I watched it on TV, and am pretty sure I remember at least 2 reaching the EZ. The 1 you referred to where the guy brought it out to the 1/2 yd line - he was actually in the EZ when he first touched the ball, so it was a mental mistake by attempting to return it - he clearly lost his place on the field.

And the other one I recall nearly went out the back of the EZ, and the returner fumbled it and then I believe just downed it.

But then again I did have a few last night, so none of this could be true. :wasted

:wtf

As far as congdon not being very good, give me a break he has not missed a fg yet I don't care if it was 25 yds or 50 yds, he has made his field goals, his kickoffs, in my opinion are just fine, I didn't think you you needed to hammer it out of the endzone every time. in my opinion if you count the hang time I think his kicks are pretty good , it alows the kick team to get down there and set up and cover.

You think that he wasn't trying to kick it through the endzone.  I mean their guys couldn't catch the kickoffs.  I didn't see the Vandy game so I don't know if it happened then also.

You could be right, that may have been the gameplan. Good call :thumbs

Who cares how a kick looks as long as it makes it goes in between the posts.  That is a lame arguement.

Disagree. If the guy is not getting his kicks up, and they look like knuckleballs, bobbing and weaving, barely getting through, it means that he needs to work on it.

I know that he was used to kicking off a tee in HS, and that he is just 18. Like I said, he may be a great kicker when its all said and done, but right now, he is just average.