When will Nebraska

Huskrz65

I will be very disappointed if we happen to lose to pitt and be their first victory of this season...

Agreed.

As far as being in the top 25; For the most part, playing well and being in the top 25 go hand in hand. When we play well.....

Agreed. NU has to play well as well as put Ws on the board to get into the top 25.

Lets face it. Nebraska hasn't played like a Top 25 Team since their last Bowl game a few years ago.

Huskers offense hasn't been playing anything close to a 50 Team.

The Special Teams hasn't played like a Top 25 Team. Yeas they had the return game going against a DIaa Team but it was shut down by Wake.

The D has played like a Top 25.

The Irish have been playing like a Top 10 Team. They crushed Pitt on the Road who was Top 25 at the Time and beat Top 10 Michigan in the Big House.

ND is better than any Team on the Nebraska Schedule. Other than Texas, I don't see a Team in the BIGXII they can't beat.

The polls the first five weeks into the season are the biggest joke in sports. Seriously, OU has no call to be anywhere in either poll after that abortion against TCU and struggling against Tulsa. But they get the benefit of being grossly overranked and NU gets zero votes for basically being the same team (one that has struggled and showed some brillinace and some inepitude).

That is exaxtly why they should wait until about after the third week to release the polls. Anything can happen in the first few weeks. I don't understand how these guys who vote on the polls can actually grasp where each team is at without watching all of the games. I think most of the people only look at returning starters and then check out the box scores.

All the hype in the first few weeks usually bunk. At this point we don't really know how good any team really is, barring a few exceptions. But, when a team beats a preseason top 25 or top 10.. I think.. wow what a fall from grace for them.. I don't think the "upsetting" team is a top 10 or 25 team. They might be, they might not. And really... who cares about rankings right now? We need to be concerned about winning our games, and improving the team especially offensively. IF we continue to improve, and continuing winning games.. then our ranking will take care of themselves. I don't think beating pitt and iowa state will break us into the top 25, add on a win against TT and we're looking damn good and i won't give a sh#t whether or not the worthless Harris poll puts us in the top 25.

But i digress, let's just relax about the rankings, relax about the championshipos. Let's focus on what our team is doing right now, and watch the progress. Everything will be right as rain in huskerland soon enough. Let's watch and enjoy as the beginnings of a new era take hold.

I keep hoping that I'll see Nebraska sneak back into the Top 25. After viewing today's poll I see opportunity knocking at the Husker's door in 2 to 3 weeks.

Both Iowa State and Texas Tech are in the Top 25 and we play them in back to back weekends in Lincoln.

As amazing as our defense is playing right now, and one more game against Pitt before we welcome the Big 12, I don't see any reason why the Big Red wont be making it's debut back into the Top 25 within a couple of weeks.

I have faith that the offense will continue to improve and be ready to meet the challenge.

Feels weird building hype about Nebraska breaking into the Top 25 when we are all so used to being in the Top 10.

Baby steps to success.  Go Huskers!    :horns2

not this year.

I keep hoping that I'll see Nebraska sneak back into the Top 25. After viewing today's poll I see opportunity knocking at the Husker's door in 2 to 3 weeks.

Both Iowa State and Texas Tech are in the Top 25 and we play them in back to back weekends in Lincoln.

As amazing as our defense is playing right now, and one more game against Pitt before we welcome the Big 12, I don't see any reason why the Big Red wont be making it's debut back into the Top 25 within a couple of weeks.

I have faith that the offense will continue to improve and be ready to meet the challenge.

Feels weird building hype about Nebraska breaking into the Top 25 when we are all so used to being in the Top 10.

Baby steps to success.  Go Huskers!    :horns2

not this year.

I see you, and raise one "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!"