Notre Dame Crack's Top 10?

Hunter94

unreal, although they did upset Michigan, ND gets the #10 spot for winning 2 in a row? obviously Weis has them playing well, but this will never last........ :rollin

hunter

It is a bit to premature to rank them in the top 10, but in my opinion, they did play 2 games on the road. Was Michigan overrated? Yes, i knew they were the first week when they struggled and allowed Northern Illinois to rack up 410 yards of offense. I was at least expecting Michigan to win since they were playing at home.

If Im the Irish I hate this ranking. While I know this is the ultimate goal, youve been playing up to this point with the "no respect" attitude --> so now whats your motivation? Should be simple I realize, but rmember these kids are young and havent had this kind of attention for their entire careers at ND. I look for a significant drop-off from the Domers the next 2 games.

This will definitely be a test - MSU will be a hard game. The Sparties have an explosive offense and even though they're playing in SB this week, that might work in their favor (ND gets overconfident due to the home game).

Another tough game will be Washington - if anything will mess with their heads, it will be the Tyrone Factor.

And then Purdue, who's playing very well this year (and, I think, wrongfully ranked behind the Irish in the polls) could easily light the Irish up for big points.

And then USC...which, if the team gets through the next 3 games undefeated, will most certainly bring them crashing to earth if they don't have their heads on straight.

And then Tennesse comes calling....and I suddenly feel sort of sick to my stomach, so I think I'll stop now... :unsure:

IRISH!

GBR!

unreal, although they did upset Michigan, ND gets the #10 spot for winning 2 in a row? obviously Weis has them playing well, but this will never last........ :rollin

hunter

What the hell - given the performances of the initial Top 25, ND seems to warrant this moment in the sun as much as many schools in the polls.

Like everyone else, they'll have to maintain it over the course of the year.

What the hell - given the performances of the initial Top 25, ND seems to warrant this moment in the sun as much as many schools in the polls.

Like everyone else, they'll have to maintain it over the course of the year.

I agree, give ND their due, they waxed 2 ranked opponents.

I don't think teams will be gunning extra hard for ND because their 10th. It's just like NU, teams go all out to win to beat Nebraska, whether they're ranked 10th or 70th.

Michicken? No way is that an indicator of a NC caliber team. A Top 15 team, sure, but not Top 5.

We beat USC, Tenn and Purdue however...I would lay a good bet on ND going to a BCS game, maybe even Pasedena. That's too far away to even speculate though...

...and that queasiness is coming back thinking about it, so I better stop now...

:blink:

IRISH!

GBR!

-ps I hope you all admire my restraint and reasonable optimism...it's taking a lot of effort to keep from getting over-hyped :P