Ciante Evans

Apathy

Been thinking about the way this kid played this past Saturday. As a True Freshman and coming off the bench to fill in for Dennard he played exceptionally well.....for being a true freshman.

I started thinking more on his recruiting on who else was recruiting him and his ranking out of 5 stars. Not a whole lot of National power house schools going after this kid but some decent ones like Iowa, Okie State, TCU, and Utah. This kid was a huge steal IMO. This kid coming out of High School was only ranked a 3 star but sure played as a 5 star this past Saturday.

Just goes to show you what type of players our coaches are going after and the type of coaching staff we have to make these kids better football players.

• Fire 1

Mitch Sherman wrote a pretty good article about Ciante in today's paper.

LINK

EDIT - great quote in the article from Marvin Sanders:

“It's like the old adage,” Sanders said, “if they don't bark when they're puppies, they're not going to bite when they're dogs. He had that early on, so all we can do is help him to find his skill.”

An absolute unbelievable performance by that kid last Saturday! He was thrown to the dogs, against a VERY good offense and they went at him time and time again and all he did was step up big every single time! I was REALLY nervous when Dennard went down, but this just goes to show you what kind of depth this team has all of a sudden and not only that, but that depth is not only paying attention in practice and film sessions, but they are also getting the COACHING they need to be ready if their name is called!

The things this team and this staff is doing right now is special folks! There are going to be some GREAT days ahead!

A couple of things, first, the recruiting rankings seem to focus on whether the player will make it to the NFL or the players' NFL potential, not to whether they will be good college football players.

Second, it is up to each staff to determine which players will fit the needs of their system and to coach them up to get the most out of their potential. Tom Osborne was a master at this, and I hope that this staff follows in the footsteps that he left.

An absolute unbelievable performance by that kid last Saturday! He was thrown to the dogs, against a VERY good offense and they went at him time and time again and all he did was step up big every single time! I was REALLY nervous when Dennard went down, but this just goes to show you what kind of depth this team has all of a sudden and not only that, but that depth is not only paying attention in practice and film sessions, but they are also getting the COACHING they need to be ready if their name is called!

The things this team and this staff is doing right now is special folks! There are going to be some GREAT days ahead!

Good points!

It seems that this staff (with the possible exception of the OL) is able to take most any good athlete who has heart and is coachable --- and make them into anywhere from a good to a great college player. This is certainly true all across the defense and, for the most part (although to a lesser degree) the offense --- again save for the OL --- there the coaching is decent --- but not at the level of the other coaches who can take and get maximum performance out of any willing athlete.

Ciante, Tevin Mitchel, and Charles Jackson at the corners just sounds amazing.

Don't forget about Andrew Green. We are going to have some really special players in the future. Well we already have them, but I can't wait to see what will happen. :bonesflag:

Exactly, and when these guys are still learning we'll have Courtney Osborne, PJ Smith and Dijon Washington.

We're stacked for years back there, and we have the coach (Sanders) to teach these guys how to play to their potential.

Speaking of which, someone meet me at the stadium at 3:00 and help me chain Sanders to Lincoln. We can't let this guy get away.

Don't forget about Andrew Green. We are going to have some really special players in the future. Well we already have them, but I can't wait to see what will happen. :bonesflag:

I think Andrew will be PESO back.

I'm not sure we will see a lot of the Peso D after this year.

I'm not sure we will see a lot of the Peso D after this year.

Yep, because the Spread as we see it in the Big XII just isn't run at in the Big 10. What we'll see next year will more closely resemble a traditional 4-3, with someone (Green?) playing a hybrid LB role on occasion, especially against Michigan. We'll need all the speed we can put on the field against Robinson.