Husker football Day after thanksgiving

My Inlaws are Hawkeye Fans.. If the game would be on Black Friday, it would be awesome. Unfortunately, I have to work being that I work in retail. I am so looking forward to the rivalries that will come out of the Big 10. Too bad Nebraska and Oklahoma couldn't tweak their schedules so that they play each year on the day after Thanksgiving. That is one tradition I would like to see continued. Thanks for nothing Big XII, I loved the Nebraska vs Oklahoma game so much more than Nebraska vs Colorado.

that was such a lame series

IIRC the Big 12 has that game as part of the ESPN deal, it wasn't Nebraska's slot. In fact, after the Callahan debacle, they were seriously considering not putting Nebraska\Colorado on the day after thanksgiving in 2008 in favor of the KU\MU or OU\OSU game. It wouldn't shock me to see MU\KU or another game take that slot next year.

IIRC the Big 12 has that game as part of the ESPN deal, it wasn't Nebraska's slot. In fact, after the Callahan debacle, they were seriously considering not putting Nebraska\Colorado on the day after thanksgiving in 2008 in favor of the KU\MU or OU\OSU game. It wouldn't shock me to see MU\KU or another game take that slot next year.

:yeah

I don't think we will get a Friday game back unless the Big 10 looks at. And then they would have to agree to let it be the Huskers vs Iowa.

Oh and does anyone have any Anti Iowa avatars? I would love one starting next year.

I see that the schedule is out for next year and we are NOT playing on Fri. This is wrong and I think that Husker Nation should lobby to move our game to Fri. Its not right, if IOWA can't play schedule someone else that wants to. We need to play on Fri.

As stated - this is NOT Iowa's fault. Now the game in Iowa City not being able to be on Friday due to issues with the hospital could potentially become Iowa's fault if they get the TV stuff worked out but at the moment there isn't even an option to play on Friday due to TV.

I already hate iowa football with all of my heart and we aren't even rivals yet. Such an annoying and cocky group of fans and undeservedly so! I can't wait to use them as a punching bag for years to come!!!

Have you READ Husker Board? Not sure if you should be throwing cocky around so calmly given that over the past decade the second half of your statement would have been blatantly false and thus is a cocky statement in and of itself. Yes Nebraska has a much better history than Iowa does, but thankfully for Iowa we aren't playing in the 80s and 90s (and thankfully for Nebraska we aren't playing in the past 8 years). We will be playing when both teams are playing lights out football and I for one am looking forward to some hard hitting close games played for the division title.

ETA: I know that most of you aren't cocky - but then neither are most Iowa fans. We just support our team and are more optimistic for our team :)

I see that the schedule is out for next year and we are NOT playing on Fri. This is wrong and I think that Husker Nation should lobby to move our game to Fri. Its not right, if IOWA can't play schedule someone else that wants to. We need to play on Fri.

As stated - this is NOT Iowa's fault. Now the game in Iowa City not being able to be on Friday due to issues with the hospital could potentially become Iowa's fault if they get the TV stuff worked out but at the moment there isn't even an option to play on Friday due to TV.

I already hate iowa football with all of my heart and we aren't even rivals yet. Such an annoying and cocky group of fans and undeservedly so! I can't wait to use them as a punching bag for years to come!!!

Have you READ Husker Board? Not sure if you should be throwing cocky around so calmly given that over the past decade the second half of your statement would have been blatantly false and thus is a cocky statement in and of itself. Yes Nebraska has a much better history than Iowa does, but thankfully for Iowa we aren't playing in the 80s and 90s (and thankfully for Nebraska we aren't playing in the past 8 years). We will be playing when both teams are playing lights out football and I for one am looking forward to some hard hitting close games played for the division title.

ETA: I know that most of you aren't cocky - but then neither are most Iowa fans. We just support our team and are more optimistic for our team :)

i am not a cocky fan and i am excited for the heated and competitive rivalry. i know iowa is an up and down team that has great potential but is also liable for a sub-par season. i have to disagree with the bold part, we do not have to be too thankful that we have not played the past 8 years. your team has had a less than stellar record overall during that time. we were worse in the past decade, but your team was not necessarily setting the world a blaze:

9-4

6-6

6-7

7-5

2002: Iowa 11-2 (8) Nebraska 7-7

2003: Iowa 10-3 (8) Nebraska 10-3 (18)

2004: Iowa 10-2 (8) Nebraska 5-6

2005: Iowa 7-5 Nebraska 8-4 (24)

2006: Iowa 6-7 Nebraska 9-5

2007: Iowa 6-6 Nebraska 5-7

2008: Iowa 9-4 (20) Nebraska 9-4

2009: Iowa 11-2 (7) Nebraska 10-4 (14)

Iowa 2 BCS bowls, 6 total January bowls

Nebraska 0 BCS bowls, 2 total January bowls

So Iowa has the better record/ranking in 6 of the last 8 years. Yes I know that isn't a fully accurate predictor of how the head to head would have come out but it is the only thing we have until we start playing next year. I am still holding out hope for a Nebraska/Iowa Fiesta bowl this year as I think that it would be a really fun way to kick things off - with our one and only chance left to actually meet in a BCS bowl!

ETA: I am conceding everything from 2001 all the way back to the Kinnick years - just to save anyone the trouble of pointing out how much Nebraska would have owned Iowa for much of our respective histories. Iowa's other good runs just happened to have occured during Nebraska's National Championship eras. We would have won a game here and there when we had Big 10 championship years but as a whole we would have been Nebraska's $%^&*

2002: Iowa 11-2 (8) Nebraska 7-7

2003: Iowa 10-3 (8) Nebraska 10-3 (18)

2004: Iowa 10-2 (8) Nebraska 5-6

2005: Iowa 7-5 Nebraska 8-4 (24)

2006: Iowa 6-7 Nebraska 9-5

2007: Iowa 6-6 Nebraska 5-7

2008: Iowa 9-4 (20) Nebraska 9-4

2009: Iowa 11-2 (7) Nebraska 10-4 (14)

Iowa 2 BCS bowls, 6 total January bowls

Nebraska 0 BCS bowls, 2 total January bowls

So Iowa has the better record/ranking in 6 of the last 8 years. Yes I know that isn't a fully accurate predictor of how the head to head would have come out but it is the only thing we have until we start playing next year. I am still holding out hope for a Nebraska/Iowa Fiesta bowl this year as I think that it would be a really fun way to kick things off - with our one and only chance left to actually meet in a BCS bowl!

you did your research. yeah, i was not arguing that iowa has done better in the past decade, i was trying to convey the idea that we have been more equal than people may realize. what i thought was important is that both teams are at the top of their games right now, and are beginning to show some consistency at being able to play at that high level.

i would love to meet up with iowa in the fiesta bowl. thought that would have been awesome last year, even better this year. would make for a great game. i am looking for our rivalry and hope both teams can maintain the successes we have been seeing of late. i think it would make both programs stronger and better. now go win the big 10!

i would love to meet up with iowa in the fiesta bowl. thought that would have been awesome last year, even better this year. would make for a great game. i am looking for our rivalry and hope both teams can maintain the successes we have been seeing of late. i think it would make both programs stronger and better. now go win the big 10!

That will require us to beat Northwestern... :bang:bang:bang

if you win out, will you tie with wisconsin (assuming they win out as well)? how will the big 10 shake-out, and how do tie-breakers work?

if you win out, will you tie with wisconsin (assuming they win out as well)? how will the big 10 shake-out, and how do tie-breakers work?

If Iowa, Michigan State and Wisconsin all end with 1 Big 10 loss and a round robin on each other then Iowa is eliminated due to our non-con loss and Michigan State wins head to head over Wisconsin.

If Ohio State, Michigan State and Wisconsin all end with 1 Big 10 loss then due to the fact that they did not all 3 play each other (no OSU/MSU game this year) and the fact that they all 3 will have the same overall record then it goes to BCS ranking which probably favors Ohio State since they will have just beaten Iowa in Iowa City and Michigan to end the year.

It is kind of funny because there are currently 4 teams with only 1 loss and yet none of us control our own destiny. Michigan State wants both Iowa AND Wisconsin to win out to ensure their Rose Bowl - but if Iowa wins out and Wisconsin loses at Michigan or to NW then Iowa has the head to head over Michigan State. Ohio State is probably in the best shape as long as Michigan State wins out because if Michigan State loses then Wisconsin's head to head over them comes into play - but they still have the toughest game left having to play at Iowa.

I am currently a huge fan of whoever is playing Wisonsin :)

eta: The tiebreakers are for who gets to go to the Rose Bowl. We would all be considered co-Big 10 champions. Kind of fitting that in the final year before things are settled with a title game that we probably end up with a 3 way tie for first.