Niles Paul

I don't get why being a Husker fan automatically means you can not say a player is obviously not good enough to play. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. For every good play Niles has, he has a bone head play that almost or does cost us the game. Time for a change at kick off return. I'll take someone who NEVER houses a kick off, but NEVER fumbles the damn thing either. How many times has he fumbled on a kick off this year? At least 3 that I can recall and that isn't including the Punt Returns, of which he has already lost his spot. It is common sense to take a knee 6 yds deep in the end zone, but he's arrogant and tries to make a play. Even if he didn't fumble the damn ball, we would have started the drive at the 13 yd line. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

So before you "Holier than Thou" Husker fans start trashing me, how many more fumbles will he have to have and mistakes he'll have to make before you come down from that Ivory Tower?

The juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Thank you, Niles Paul, for pouring your heart and soul into the Husker program. We know that you mean well, but enjoy your free education and the view of the football game from the sidelines. Hopefully you have good grades, because there is no way you will be playing football on Sundays.

Well I'm not sure too many are getting after anyone for criticizing players...it's when people say stupid stuff like "you piece of s###" that we get sick of...

That is fine. I have no problem calling out someone who personally attacks Paul or any other player. But we should be able to say that his play isn't cutting it and it's time for the coaches to find someone on campus that can catch and not fumble once a game. One good thing Callahan did was to not redshirt him, so that way the NCAA will do what the NU coaches will not do, remove him from the field. I got a sneaky suspicion he has naked pictures of somebody in his freezer.

Can some one give him some glue for his fingers -- maybe that would help.

I had a dream last week that I was interviewing Niles Paul about a new surgery he underwent to replace his fingers with mini octopus tentacles, in order to help him hold on to the ball better.

No joke. It really happened.

I don't get why being a Husker fan automatically means you can not say a player is obviously not good enough to play. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. For every good play Niles has, he has a bone head play that almost or does cost us the game. Time for a change at kick off return. I'll take someone who NEVER houses a kick off, but NEVER fumbles the damn thing either. How many times has he fumbled on a kick off this year? At least 3 that I can recall and that isn't including the Punt Returns, of which he has already lost his spot. It is common sense to take a knee 6 yds deep in the end zone, but he's arrogant and tries to make a play. Even if he didn't fumble the damn ball, we would have started the drive at the 13 yd line. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

So before you "Holier than Thou" Husker fans start trashing me, how many more fumbles will he have to have and mistakes he'll have to make before you come down from that Ivory Tower?

The juice just isn't worth the squeeze. Thank you, Niles Paul, for pouring your heart and soul into the Husker program. We know that you mean well, but enjoy your free education and the view of the football game from the sidelines. Hopefully you have good grades, because there is no way you will be playing football on Sundays.

Well I'm not sure too many are getting after anyone for criticizing players...it's when people say stupid stuff like "you piece of s###" that we get sick of...

That is fine. I have no problem calling out someone who personally attacks Paul or any other player. But we should be able to say that his play isn't cutting it and it's time for the coaches to find someone on campus that can catch and not fumble once a game. One good thing Callahan did was to not redshirt him, so that way the NCAA will do what the NU coaches will not do, remove him from the field. I got a sneaky suspicion he has naked pictures of somebody in his freezer.

I'm confused then because you were preemptively very defensive. I guess I haven't seen anywhere where people have said you can't criticize a players play.

I'm confused then because you were preemptively very defensive. I guess I haven't seen anywhere where people have said you can't criticize a players play.

I've seen enough threads about Niles to know what will be posted. Some Husker fans think you can't criticize ANY player for ANYTHING. These same fans generally refer to the players as "kids" - another pet peeve of mine. They are young men, not kids.

Niles Paul is a child playing with men. Example. Not getting enough attention early in the year he cries for the ball then gets the ball then spits it out just like a infant would do. Im tierd of his tough guy attitude saying he made bad plays and its his fault for the way he played. Kudos for admitting your wrong that takes a lot but its getting rediculous he is going to have to have his own media time saying how bad he is because he sucks every week.

I've seen enough threads about Niles to know what will be posted. Some Husker fans think you can't criticize ANY player for ANYTHING. These same fans generally refer to the players as "kids" - another pet peeve of mine. They are young men, not kids.

I refer to all 19-20 year olds as kids because the way our society works childhood is a lot longer than it used to be. Playing football doesn't make you a man. Real life makes you a man/woman. I've seen the same threads as you and I guess I'm not seeing it. People have free reign to criticize play here as long as I've been here. That's the way it should be and the way it is.

I refer to all 19-20 year olds as kids because the way our society works childhood is a lot longer than it used to be. Playing football doesn't make you a man. Real life makes you a man/woman. I've seen the same threads as you and I guess I'm not seeing it. People have free reign to criticize play here as long as I've been here. That's the way it should be and the way it is.

If you can sign up and fight for your country, you are no longer considered a child. That means you are a man. Now, whether they ACT like men is a completely different topic all together. I will be turning 30 this month, so it wasn't so long ago that I was 19-20 yrs old and I would have smacked you in the lip for calling me a child. Again, if I was acting like an adult at that time is a completely different story...

If you can sign up and fight for your country, you are no longer considered a child. That means you are a man. Now, whether they ACT like men is a completely different topic all together. I will be turning 30 this month, so it wasn't so long ago that I was 19-20 yrs old and I would have smacked you in the lip for calling me a child. Again, if I was acting like an adult at that time is a completely different story...

I had to get my parents permission to sign up for the army because I was still 17. Let's just say I had a lot of growing up to do. I'm also getting sick of people comparing these kids to soldiers. They. are. not. It's a completely asinine comparison that's totally irrelevant.

I had to get my parents permission to sign up for the army because I was still 17. Let's just say I had a lot of growing up to do. I'm also getting sick of people comparing these kids to soldiers. They. are. not. It's a completely asinine comparison that's totally irrelevant.

Re-Read what I wrote. Not even close to comparing them to soldiers. Saying that if you can volunteer for the Army, you are no longer a "kid".

Re-Read what I wrote. Not even close to comparing them to soldiers. Saying that if you can volunteer for the Army, you are no longer a "kid".

I read what you wrote just fine and it's still a logical fallacy. 18 is an arbitrary age. Just because you can sign up for something doesn't automatically make you an adult. You know, there is a process that happens after you sign up on the dotted line. You don't show up to reception at 17 and go, HOLY CRAP I'M A MAN!

In any case, you wanted to talk about Niles play, so let's agree to disagree and do that. This thread is called Niles Paul, not the "The Pet Peeves of Gotchman and Dubsker." Deal?