Get Ready...

So what is the difference between Boise and TCU getting in last year and now this year they are projecting Boise to be left out? Don't think so, there is NO WAY boise gets left out if they are undefeated. They may not be "promised" anything, but the fact they beat VaTech is good enough for me that they deserve in a BCS Bowl.

Automatically getting in, deserving to get in, and actually getting in are 3 different things.

Boise definitely won't automatically be getting in unless TCU loses. That's a fact, unless they magically hop over TCU which doesn't seem possible.

I absolutely agree that they deserve to get in assuming they stay unbeaten.

Whether they actually get in probably depends on how things all roll out with who is available, how the selection process goes, and whether any bowls feel pressured to take them over a team that will bring more fans. I don't remember how it all worked out last year that Boise got in. Every year is different.

A four-team playoff would be gold this season. Boise heads to Eugene for a game likely to have over 1000 yards of offense, and TCU's phenomenal defense tries to shut down the 200 Thousand Dollar Man in Auburn. Would make for a ridiculously awesome Saturday (Dec. 12) while we wait for the Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popcorn Bowl.

orville_redenbacher.jpg

Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Popping Corn, now available in Spicy Nacho. ©ConAgra Foods, Inc. All rights reserved.

I can't really be too picky considering we haven't been to a BCS game in 9 YEARS.

Plus, to say the game would be over in the first quarter is silly. Yeah, Pitt is far from great, but we were one wind gust away from losing to Iowa State, to say nothing of Texas or SDSU.

I watched the pitt vs utah and miami game and pitt looked terrible, mr. sunshine or whatever (their freshman qb) is comparable to cody hawkins, just bad, our defense would be licking thier chops watching film, he would get rocked :bonez

to the original question.

there is a chance as long as there are still games left to be played...chances of all those teams ahead of us losing? eh I'd give it a 5% chance.

We'll be playing Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl.

Don't be so sure of that... we still have a couple of tough games ahead of us. If we run the table and lose the Big 12 Championship game, no way would we get an at-large bid. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see us in the Cotton or something similar.

I understand that very well, I just have a hard time seeing us lose again...unless Green starts another game, then we become our evil sister that haunts Nebraska from time to time.

When does the BCS do a conference review to determine whether the Big East retains their automatic BCS bid? Even with Utah leaving the MWC, you gota figure with Boise joining next year and Nevada the year after they will be a far better football conference than the Big East.

Oh well, we gota get to the Fiesta Bowl before complaining about our opponent chuckleshuffle

OMG why are people already looking toward a BCS bowl game? We still have to beat KU, A&M, Colorado, and whoever in the south. A lot of people including myself were looking past ISU and looked what happened, we squeaked past ISU.......in OT. Lets just focus on our next opponent.

Exactly, at this point A&M is the farthest thing from a guaranteed win.

TCU would kick are ass. I dont care what anyone thinks their a great team this year anyways their qb is hella good theirs a reason why their ranked so high. Their D would have us in 3rd and long all game long.

No way jose.... If our secondary is healthy and if martinez is healthy then we would beat TCU.

LSU losing to Arkansas? Seriously? lol Lsu passed their text in my book they beat bama theirs no way their lossing that game we blew are chance for awhile prolly wont have another chance for a few years

????? What are you talking about? You are acting like we are a non AQ team that plays in the Sunbelt. :wtf

LSU losing to Arkansas? Seriously? lol Lsu passed their text in my book they beat bama theirs no way their lossing that game we blew are chance for awhile prolly wont have another chance for a few years

????? What are you talking about? You are acting like we are a non AQ team that plays in the Sunbelt. :wtf

It seems like I cant voice my opinion on something sup with that? Well last year sunbelt teams was the only teams we scored on if I remember right.