Rivals 100 updated

I'm surprised they have Mike Blakely ahead of Green in the 100 list. Mr. Blakely's been playing on a bum ankle this season, hence limiting his production a bit. He sat out last Friday's game, and after 8 games played his stat line looks like this:

91 att. - 642 yds. - 7.06 yds./att. - 80.3 yds./gm.

But the Malcolm Brown snub leaves me baffled. He's been very productive this year after 10 games played:

185 att. - 1736 yds. - 9.38 yds./att. - 173.6 yds./gm.

I don't understand rivals... I like how we are #10 with 1393 points and 16 commits and how Clemson is #9 with 1396 points and 21 commits. I don't get it. :dunno

Since Mike Bellamy got his 5th star, that gave them a nice bump.

I wasn't even talking about that,what I don't like is how teams are rewarded with alot of points for quanity.We have more quality players then some of the teams ahead of us but we don't have the quanity that clemson and stanford have.

I don't understand rivals... I like how we are #10 with 1393 points and 16 commits and how Clemson is #9 with 1396 points and 21 commits. I don't get it. :dunno

I wasn't even talking about that,what I don't like is how teams are rewarded with alot of points for quanity.We have more quality players then some of the teams ahead of us but we don't have the quanity that clemson and stanford have.

This thread sheds light on Rivals ranking methods.

I posted the calculations last year, you can probably still find them.

Everything but the average star ranking is based on the first 20 commits. The point totals lean heavily towards position ranking. A 4 star w/ a position ranking of 27 (Sterup) is very different than a 4 star with a position ranking of 5 (Green/Starling)

I agree its a wacky system, but thats how rivals does it. Its not necessarily about quantity, its also about where the prospect ranks in their specific position.

Lol give that to Cacti, man. He deserves to revel in high recruiting rankings with the stuff he has to watch on the field this year. It's been pretty gut wrenching so far for a team that had hopes of winning the ACC.

Anyway, lol at Rival's comment for Tyler Moore-- "Helped his team to a 9-2 record in 2009." Really? You can't even come up with anything about this year? You can always tell when Rivals doesn't do their homework on a guy.