Looking Forward to Saturday Night

Husker fans,

I can't tell you how much Aggieland is looking forward to this Saturday night and what will probably be Nebraska's last visit to Kyle Field. It will be a bitter sweet moment for me as I was born and grew up in Lincoln and will be there with my sister, UNL class of 1995 and my folks both of whom were Husker fans that held season tickets from 1969 until they moved our family to Fort Worth in 1992. The first football game I attended was in the south endzone of Memorial Stadium with my dad and mom on a flurry filled October day against Iowa St. in 1989, in my Gerry Gdowski jersey. Ironically, the day I decided to become an Aggie and attend Texas A&M University was during the Aggie's win against Nebraska at Kyle Field in 1998. Like most of us, I conformed quickly and became a rabid part of the 12th Man, but have always continued to pull for the Huskers as my second team.

Our two schools share similar values and are very much alike both culturally and academically. Both are generally conservative with a large percentage of students from smaller towns or rual areas. Both are ranked in the top 105 academically in the US News and World Report list of top American Universities. And the two schools have perhaps the most dedicated and spirited alumni and former students across the world. I'm sorry things did not work out for the Big 12 and will miss our matchups in all sports. I'm hoping the Lonhorns hurry up and just go independent so we can join the SEC as soon as possible.

For those of you who make the trip, please enjoy your time at Kyle Field. I hope we provide an atomosphere that lives up to your expectations. If I see you in The Chicken on Friday or Saturday night I hope we can share a cold beer (and toast an Aggie victory). Gig'em and Go Big Red.

Husker fans,

I can't tell you how much Aggieland is looking forward to this Saturday night and what will probably be Nebraska's last visit to Kyle Field. It will be a bitter sweet moment for me as I was born and grew up in Lincoln and will be there with my sister, UNL class of 1995 and my folks both of whom were Husker fans that held season tickets from 1969 until they moved our family to Fort Worth in 1992. The first football game I attended was in the south endzone of Memorial Stadium with my dad and mom on a flurry filled October day against Iowa St. in 1989, in my Gerry Gdowski jersey. Ironically, the day I decided to become an Aggie and attend Texas A&M University was during the Aggie's win against Nebraska at Kyle Field in 1998. Like most of us, I conformed quickly and became a rabid part of the 12th Man, but have always continued to pull for the Huskers as my second team.

Our two schools share similar values and are very much alike both culturally and academically. Both are generally conservative with a large percentage of students from smaller towns or rual areas. Both are ranked in the top 105 academically in the US News and World Report list of top American Universities. And the two schools have perhaps the most dedicated and spirited alumni and former students across the world. I'm sorry things did not work out for the Big 12 and will miss our matchups in all sports. I'm hoping the Lonhorns hurry up and just go independent so we can join the SEC as soon as possible.

For those of you who make the trip, please enjoy your time at Kyle Field. I hope we provide an atomosphere that lives up to your expectations. If I see you in The Chicken on Friday or Saturday night I hope we can share a cold beer (and toast an Aggie victory). Gig'em and Go Big Red.

Born and grew up in Lincoln, first game was a Huskers game, and family are Husker fans - and you're an Aggie? Tisk Tisk.

Husker fans,

Born and grew up in Lincoln, first game was a Huskers game, and family are Husker fans - and you're an Aggie? Tisk Tisk.

I wasn't born in Texas, but the grace of God got me here as soon as possible.

And yes, Nebraska's rank is 105

Husker fans,

Now that we are moving to the Big-10, will that ranking of 105 possibly be higher over time, as we get more into what the

big-10 requires of each of its conference members?

I still don't understand how you can be a T&AM fan. Just doesn't seem right....:hmmph

GBR!!!

Husker fans,

Now that we are moving to the Big-10, will that ranking of 105 possibly be higher over time, as we get more into what the

I still don't understand how you can be a T&AM fan. Just doesn't seem right....:hmmph

GBR!!!

Worked very well for Penn State - they shot up the rankings in the two decades after joining the Big 10. Good luck Saturday, but just a little bit. I'm a Lions fan so I'm indebted to you guys for Suh, but only for so much!

Husker fans,

GBR!!!

Worked very well for Penn State - they shot up the rankings in the two decades after joining the Big 10. Good luck Saturday, but just a little bit. I'm a Lions fan so I'm indebted to you guys for Suh, but only for so much!

Give us the win on Saturday and we'll call it even. :corndance