Very worried about Saturday night

I don't foresee us trying to go vertical early. Cyrus Gray has gone for 100 yds four times in a row. Realistically, we are going to try and pound it out on the ground, set up a swing to Swope in the flats, and possibly take a shot downfield to Fuller if Tannehill recognizes man coverage.

I am looking forward to this game, because we actually have a shot to win.

For whatever reason, most Ags have been thinking that it's an automatic six if Tannehill recognizes Man and hits Fuller. They are extremely quick to forget that we have 2 pro-caliber corners, and that even when they are beat, make great adjustments to the ball for either a pass breakup or an int. I would say that no one else in the country does what we do in the secondary. If you want to see how great our pass D is, watch the Mizzou game on ESPN3. Gabbert had no where to throw and when did he complete something, they were through extremely small passing windows and really were a testament to his accuracy. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a frustrated Tannehill SHOULD they go through the air.

If Sherman is smart, he'll try and stick to the ground game.

I don't foresee us trying to go vertical early. Cyrus Gray has gone for 100 yds four times in a row. Realistically, we are going to try and pound it out on the ground, set up a swing to Swope in the flats, and possibly take a shot downfield to Fuller if Tannehill recognizes man coverage.

For whatever reason, most Ags have been thinking that it's an automatic six if Tannehill recognizes Man and hits Fuller. They are extremely quick to forget that we have 2 pro-caliber corners, and that even when they are beat, make great adjustments to the ball for either a pass breakup or an int. I would say that no one else in the country does what we do in the secondary. If you want to see how great our pass D is, watch the Mizzou game on ESPN3. Gabbert had no where to throw and when did he complete something, they were through extremely small passing windows and really were a testament to his accuracy. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a frustrated Tannehill SHOULD they go through the air.

If Sherman is smart, he'll try and stick to the ground game.

Yup.

This is at least the third aTm poster to come on here and tell us how much of a mismatch they think they have w/ one-on-one deep routes and slot routes. I doubt these guys have even watched a Nebraska game. If they had, they would be licking their chops at the thought of Gray against our interior run D...

Wow, we have a lot of people drinking some kool aid. Im not saying we are going to lose but you CAN NOT be confident with how our offense has been playing. The last time we played an offense like this was okie state and they put up 35 points on us. If martinez was healthy, we would be fine but if its an high ankle sprain that will not heal fully til about the end of december. Hopefully I am worried over nothing, Ill tell you how i feel sat morning. Usually that says how we do (I had a bad feeling against A&M last year and texas this year but had a good feeling on gameday when we played missouri, kstate and okie state). GBR!

P.S. Welcome to the board SeenNotHeard and good luck!

1. We didn't play A&M last year.

2. There's no point in worrying about the game this Saturday. First of all, it's just a game. Second, Nebraska has shown that if they execute, they can beat anybody in the country.

We aren't going to get beat because Texas A&M has more talent, or a better scheme, or a home field advantage. If Nebraska takes care of itself, Nebraska will win.

Ooops, i meant texas tech. I should probably proofread more :facepalm:

I dont believe Swope will be able to bust coverage in the slot, and Cyrus might get his yards but as soon as we make the right adjustments could be tough for him. As for Tannehill, he hasnt seen a defensive backfield like this yet so this is his real litmus test.

I think it will be a close game. I appreciate your smug and hope your team feels the same way. Tannehill may be a little green at QB (he's been on the field all year), but we'll do more than you are giving us credit for. Please, keep thinking we'll show up and lay down like a week 2 1-AA team. You might have a long ride back to Lincoln in your future.

I don't know why you think he's being smug when he's giving you his honest opinion, one team all year has had success passing against us and that was okie lite, I don't believe you have a receiver or a running back that is on the same playing field with blackmon and hunter...and as has already been stated, we eat great qb's for lunch, and since you've got an average qb...i'd say your chances of successfully passing on our secondary are slim to none..call it kool-aid if you want, it's our board :woo

I don't know why you think he's being smug when he's giving you his honest opinion, one team all year has had success passing against us and that was okie lite, I don't believe you have a receiver or a running back that is on the same playing field with blackmon and hunter...and as has already been stated, we eat great qb's for lunch, and since you've got an average qb...i'd say your chances of successfully passing on our secondary are slim to none..call it kool-aid if you want, it's our board :woo

I think we have different sorts of players than OSU, not all of the explosive big play capability (although Gray is a home run threat and so is Swope) but a very consistent offense that's tough to stop when it's executing. Tannehill may be a bit green at QB but he's been in the offense for almost 3 years and knows it inside out and he's got great poise in the pocket.

I do agree that NU is the best defense we'll see this season but I think if our offense gets in a rhythm it could be a fantastic end-to-end kind of game and we've been playing very well the past few weeks. I expect either a very close game or a blowout in Nebraska's favor.

I dont believe Swope will be able to bust coverage in the slot, and Cyrus might get his yards but as soon as we make the right adjustments could be tough for him. As for Tannehill, he hasnt seen a defensive backfield like this yet so this is his real litmus test.

I think it will be a close game. I appreciate your smug and hope your team feels the same way. Tannehill may be a little green at QB (he's been on the field all year), but we'll do more than you are giving us credit for. Please, keep thinking we'll show up and lay down like a week 2 1-AA team. You might have a long ride back to Lincoln in your future.

Nobody thinks Texas A&M is bad, or that they'll lay down. However, here's a list of QB's the Blackshirts have made look silly over the past 2 years:

Tyrod Taylor, Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Colt McCoy, Nick Foles, Nathan Enderle, Jake Locker

We've also seen a QB go 4-16 against you and win ;) Funny things can happen in football games. Should be a fun one, looking forward to it.

You obviously have not seen Jeff Fuller play! I am willing to put a wager down on who will be the better NFL receiver! :laughpound

Character: Advantage Fuller

Size: Advantage Fuller

Athletic Ability: Advantage Fuller

Frog Hands: Advantage Fuller

Best Statistical Year in College: Advantage Blackmon

Nobody thinks Texas A&M is bad, or that they'll lay down. However, here's a list of QB's the Blackshirts have made look silly over the past 2 years:

Tyrod Taylor, Blaine Gabbert, Landry Jones, Colt McCoy, Nick Foles, Nathan Enderle, Jake Locker

We've also seen a QB go 4-16 against you and win ;) Funny things can happen in football games. Should be a fun one, looking forward to it.

Sure... but the QB didn't beat us. We're just saying that if you're going to beat us, don't plan on beating on our secondary. That's the strength of the team.