Texas A&M looking to break attendence record

I don't get how this is becoming the most hyped game in Kyle Field history (or close). I know NU is in the top ten and TAMU is playing well, but NU isn't really in the national title race, TAMU is a long shot for the South title, and there isn't much history between the teams.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome and love seeing any team's fans hyped for a big game. Plus it makes the challenge that much more exciting for us. But I just don't get how past Aggie home games haven't meant a lot more going in (like 95 Texas, 98 Nebraska, 98 Missouri, 04 Oklahoma, etc)

We're excited for this one, but we play a bigger game every Thanksgiving. Spouses, family members, coworkers, friends....most everyone has something on the line in Texas when the Aggies and Longhorns get together. It's going to be packed and it's going to be loud this Saturday, but once Sunday rolls around so does the most important game of the year.

For those saying NE should have 20k students at a game need to remember the difference in the size of the school....25k students at UNL...A&M has significantly MORE (almost 50k).

were the greatest fans in college football...that starts somewhere. Right now we let in 8k. Im not saying we need to let in as many as aTm does, but its not bright thinking we couldnt at least double that number, and that it wouldnt be beneficial in the long run. I mean, what are we doing with stadium expansion...most of the money is going to to pretty much unobtainable seats...this isnt what nebraska football is about. Dont even try to tell me it isnt.

Yup money talks and those that have BIG $ do most of the talking.

Along with up to 500 skybox seats, the expansion would create up to 2,800 new general admission seats and up to 2,250 heated and covered club seats.

I still feel that if Memorial Stadium expanded to 10,000-15,000 instead of 5,000 that our sellout streak wouldn't be in any risk. The Student section needs an upgrade because 8,000 students in Memorial Stadium isn't going to cut it, its pretty depressing just thinking about that number.

For those saying NE should have 20k students at a game need to remember the difference in the size of the school....25k students at UNL...A&M has significantly MORE (almost 50k).

were the greatest fans in college football...that starts somewhere. Right now we let in 8k. Im not saying we need to let in as many as aTm does, but its not bright thinking we couldnt at least double that number, and that it wouldnt be beneficial in the long run. I mean, what are we doing with stadium expansion...most of the money is going to to pretty much unobtainable seats...this isnt what nebraska football is about. Dont even try to tell me it isnt.

Along with up to 500 skybox seats, the expansion would create up to 2,800 new general admission seats and up to 2,250 heated and covered club seats.

I still feel that if Memorial Stadium expanded to 10,000-15,000 instead of 5,000 that our sellout streak wouldn't be in any risk. The Student section needs an upgrade because 8,000 students in Memorial Stadium isn't going to cut it, its pretty depressing just thinking about that number.

whats sad is the students are likely to get screwed again with the east stadium expansion. dont be surprised one bit if they end up getting moved, and not for the better. its happened before, and it will happen again.

and personally, f#*k the sellout streak. i'd be more than happy for it to end if it meant giving an enormous block of tickets to the students that may or may not fill every single seat each week. in fact, they could probably make a standing room only type section for them or something just to protect that streak, that in all honesty, doesnt mean sh#t. really think about it. sometimes there are 86000 fans there. sometimes there are 85000. what is a sellout anyways? its all hyperbole folks, whether you want to admit it or not. and the stories of a certain donor covering the streaks ass during the callahan era are more true than you would like to believe with your rose colored glasses on.

The fightin Texas Aggies know FOOTBALL. We need to learn some things from them and get 20,000 students close to the field.

Never been to a game at Memorial, but I hear you have great fans also. Maybe not the quantity, but I hear ya'll are very cordial and football wise.

If you are going to the game in College Station this weekend, I hope you have a great time. The game sold out, so Texas A&M opened more temporary seating. It should be loud and electric!

Ditto. I've always been a fan of Nebraska and your fans. The only thing I'm pissed off about is you bolting and leaving us with the douchebag fans at tu, OU, TT, Baylor, OSU

Good luck in the Big 10. Hope you head that way with 2 Big 12 losses in 2010

student section 3rd deck is now completely sold out! listed as just over 27,000 students (we often pack more in there)

They've also been selling seats on the track. Those are all that is left in KYLE- unless they find additional standing room only areas.

Love the Huskers, love your fans, and 51 weeks out of the year I'm not ashamed to say GO BIG RED. Yall are a great fanbase, so much better than the tards, land thieves, and sips. Good luck Saturday, if you make it to College Station, don't be afraid to stop by our tailgate near the Association of Former Students building in Spence Park on Houston street (the East side of KYLE) and have a beer and talk some football!

Gig'em!

The fightin Texas Aggies know FOOTBALL. We need to learn some things from them and get 20,000 students close to the field.

Never been to a game at Memorial, but I hear you have great fans also. Maybe not the quantity, but I hear ya'll are very cordial and football wise.

If you are going to the game in College Station this weekend, I hope you have a great time. The game sold out, so Texas A&M opened more temporary seating. It should be loud and electric!

Ditto. I've always been a fan of Nebraska and your fans. The only thing I'm pissed off about is you bolting and leaving us with the douchebag fans at tu, OU, TT, Baylor, OSU

Good luck in the Big 10. Hope you head that way with 2 Big 12 losses in 2010

Thanks!

You Aggies watch your six dealing with tu, ok? I really hope you guys DOMINATE the Texas 10.

Gig em'!

GBR!!

whats sad is the students are likely to get screwed again with the east stadium expansion. dont be surprised one bit if they end up getting moved, and not for the better. its happened before, and it will happen again.

and personally, f#*k the sellout streak. i'd be more than happy for it to end if it meant giving an enormous block of tickets to the students that may or may not fill every single seat each week. in fact, they could probably make a standing room only type section for them or something just to protect that streak, that in all honesty, doesnt mean sh#t. really think about it. sometimes there are 86000 fans there. sometimes there are 85000. what is a sellout anyways? its all hyperbole folks, whether you want to admit it or not. and the stories of a certain donor covering the streaks ass during the callahan era are more true than you would like to believe with your rose colored glasses on.

It's disgusting to an extreme that we screw the students over & over again just to get more blue hairs ($$) in. This is one of the very few things I disagree with TO.

As always it goes back to money. Remember that their student section does this once in a blue moon. A&M people what would you say is an average conference game student section size wise?

I feel that 8,000-10,000 students is enough when I see that about 1,000 of them left after the first half last game.

average student attendance is probably in the ~23k to 25k range

that is for conference games though. games like Tech, land thieves, sips, and Baylor are higher. Games against ISU, KU are lower, probably around 20k.

we still pack em in in huge numbers, even for non-conference games. Hell, we had ~82k for our opener against a 1-AA school (and probably 25k of that was students)

I'll say this: I've been to college football games around the country and NU is my #1 favorite road trip. Here's one quick reason why:

I made the trip in '99 and had numerous husker fans buy a beer for me and talk about the game before the game. Then the game happened and NU kicked our ass and I had more husker fans buy me beer after the game and talk about the game. That kind of stuff does happen in other places, too, but it still felt different up at NU.

In '07 I found out why that felt different. Same scenario as before - husker fans bought a beer for me before the game and wanted to talk about the game. Then we ended up winning that game pretty easily, racking up over 300 yards rushing in the process, during the end of Callahan's tenure. After the game, a group of us went over to that Holiday Inn bar downtown and sat down at a table. No less than 4 different groups of husker fans still stopped by our table, after getting their asses kicked, and congratulated us on our win - wished us well for the rest of the year - and offered to buy us beers.

THAT is unique.

I was looking forward to making another trip up there next year and I am tremendously disappointed that this is NU's last year in the conference...

That said, I am also very proud of our home field tradition at Kyle Field and I would stack our fans up against anyone's in terms of intensity, noise and hospitality. I look forward to buying some beers for husker fans on Saturday and/or welcoming them to our tailgate and, hopefully, once again demonstrating why A&M has one of the top gameday traditions in the country...

Yeah we have a lot of students, but we're a relatively small college.

I think they should sell more season tickets to us personally.