AP witer has Huskers losing to Aggies in 'upset special'

hackflak

Are only real sure hope to win is to air out over the poor pass defense that Texas A&M has, the problem with that, we don't have consistent WR's to make it a credible threat. Give it to McNeill, he is the most consistent WR we have at actually catching the ball. Paul and Kinnie need to be on their A game. Reed and Cotton will have to take the slack if Paul and Kinnie don't show up to play.

About the author though, the guy is only 4 - 3 when picking his upsets. Not very good credibilty backs his picks. Plus how is MSU beating Purdue an upset?

I would say that someone that is 4-3 when PICKING UPSETS is actually doing a pretty good job.

Of course, not if he considers 2.5 point underdogs upsets...

Would it really be an upset for A&M to win this game?

Are only real sure hope to win is to air out over the poor pass defense that Texas A&M has, the problem with that, we don't have consistent WR's to make it a credible threat. Give it to McNeill, he is the most consistent WR we have at actually catching the ball. Paul and Kinnie need to be on their A game. Reed and Cotton will have to take the slack if Paul and Kinnie don't show up to play.

About the author though, the guy is only 4 - 3 when picking his upsets. Not very good credibilty backs his picks. Plus how is MSU beating Purdue an upset?

I would say that someone that is 4-3 when PICKING UPSETS is actually doing a pretty good job.

Of course, not if he considers 2.5 point underdogs upsets...

Would it really be an upset for A&M to win this game?

I wouldn't call it an upset for the Aggies to beat the Huskers, but it would be a huge win for them. and we can kiss being in the Top 10 by the end of the season goodbye.

I guess say someone is bad at picking upsets would be their record and which upsets that person picked.

While I would agree that Mizzou is the 2nd best offense you have faced this year, Mizzou is only 7th in the conference and 40th in the country in offense... So... not that good.

I think you missed the point of that post. How that "not that good" offense torched (to use your term) your defense for 30 points.

I think you missed the point. What Mizzou did to our defense has no relevance to how our offense matches up with your defense.

The fact is Mizzou's offense isn't that good. I'm not saying they are bad, either...

Now, if you want me to delve into that irrelevancy, I would tell you that the Mizzou game was the season's low point for us for sure. I would say that our offense was abysmal in that game (JJ's last full game) and that, I believe, our defense played its worst game of the season partially b/c our offense was so inept.

Either way, this is a major league digression from the simple fact that your defense has faced 9 stiffs and one live body this year in terms of offenses...

A&M is 4th in the B12 and 12th in the country in total offense - so, we will be the second live body you will have faced... The first put up 41 on you. How will we do?

It's tough to tell how the Aggie offense will do vs the Blackshirts. No doubt about it. There's a small sample size with Tannehill at the helm, and that sample size consists of three teams we have not faced, and may not face at all this season (TTech, Oklahoma and Baylor). Obviously aTm put up solid offensive numbers against each of them (see below).

Of the three defenses Tannehill has faced, it's clear Oklahoma has the best defense.

-TTech gave up 623 yards (174 rushing, 449 passing) and 6 TDs.

-Baylor gave up 427 yards (147 rushing, 280 passing) and 5 TDs (the 6th TD was special teams).

-Oklahoma gave up 382 yards (157 rushing, 225 passing) and 3 TDs (the 4th TD was ST).

That being said, Oklahoma's D ranks 60th in the country in total defense and 27th in scoring defense. Whereas Nebraska ranks 6th and 10th in those same categories, respectively. But, then you could argue that OU has faced much better offenses than Nebraska, and you'd be right on because the fact of the matter is we've had a cupcake schedule by comparison. I guess the point here is that arguments about how a defense ranks in certain categories is a moot discussion.

So, I'm just going to conclude this whole mess by saying, "Let's get this show on the road already!" I cannot wait to see how the Blackshirts do against the Aggie offense. Both seem to be hitting on all cylinders since last week, so both have momentum coming into this game. It's going to be fun to see which unit makes the bigger impact 'cause they're on a collision course that could very well dictate the winner when the clock hits 00:00.

While I would agree that Mizzou is the 2nd best offense you have faced this year, Mizzou is only 7th in the conference and 40th in the country in offense... So... not that good.

I think you missed the point of that post. How that "not that good" offense torched (to use your term) your defense for 30 points.

I think you missed the point. What Mizzou did to our defense has no relevance to how our offense matches up with your defense.

The fact is Mizzou's offense isn't that good. I'm not saying they are bad, either...

Now, if you want me to delve into that irrelevancy, I would tell you that the Mizzou game was the season's low point for us for sure. I would say that our offense was abysmal in that game (JJ's last full game) and that, I believe, our defense played its worst game of the season partially b/c our offense was so inept.

Either way, this is a major league digression from the simple fact that your defense has faced 9 stiffs and one live body this year in terms of offenses...

A&M is 4th in the B12 and 12th in the country in total offense - so, we will be the second live body you will have faced... The first put up 41 on you. How will we do?

It's tough to tell how the Aggie offense will do vs the Blackshirts. No doubt about it. There's a small sample size with Tannehill at the helm, and that sample size consists of three teams we have not faced, and may not face at all this season (TTech, Oklahoma and Baylor). Obviously aTm put up solid offensive numbers against each of them (see below).

Of the three defenses Tannehill has faced, it's clear Oklahoma has the best defense.

-Baylor gave up 427 yards (147 rushing, 280 passing) and 5 TDs (the 6th TD was special teams).

-Oklahoma gave up 382 yards (157 rushing, 225 passing) and 3 TDs (the 4th TD was ST).

That being said, Oklahoma's D ranks 60th in the country in total defense and 27th in scoring defense. Whereas Nebraska ranks 6th and 10th in those same categories, respectively. But, then you could argue that OU has faced much better offenses than Nebraska, and you'd be right on because the fact of the matter is we've had a cupcake schedule by comparison. I guess the point here is that arguments about how a defense ranks in certain categories is a moot discussion.

So, I'm just going to conclude this whole mess by saying, "Let's get this show on the road already!" I cannot wait to see how the Blackshirts do against the Aggie offense. Both seem to be hitting on all cylinders since last week, so both have momentum coming into this game. It's going to be fun to see which unit makes the bigger impact 'cause they're on a collision course that could very well dictate the winner when the clock hits 00:00.

I agree 100% with all of this! I predicted a close, and relatively low scoring, game with A&M winning 28-24, but this one could definitely go either way...

I agree 100% with all of this! I predicted a close, and relatively low scoring, game with A&M winning 28-24, but this one could definitely go either way...

Well how about that. My prediction is Nebraska winning down the stretch 27-24.

A&M has played 4 bad d’s in a row so Tannehill has never played in a game against a defense that is even in the same class as the huskers. This is a huge wildcard for A&M and usually the husker D does not dissapoint even against proven QB's. I noticed that A&M is another no huddle team so perhaps the Iowa State game was good to help the team get use to that type of pace. If we don’t go into turnover mode this should be our game to win. It will also be interesting to see how A&M holds up against a run first team, thee pass d is so bad I assume that the run defense is made to look better than they really are because teams just go after them through the air.

Also I think Martinez is on the repair, he looked pretty good in the 2nd 1/2 against KS but the fumballistis hurt a ton. A&M is lucky to break 20 points and they will strggle to keep Nebraska under 28. Of course stats don't matter at the end of the day and that is why we play the game. :bonesflag:

A&M has played 4 bad d’s in a row so Tannehill has never played in a game against a defense that is even in the same class as the huskers. This is a huge wildcard for A&M and usually the husker D does not dissapoint even against proven QB's. I noticed that A&M is another no huddle team so perhaps the Iowa State game was good to help the team get use to that type of pace. If we don’t go into turnover mode this should be our game to win. It will also be interesting to see how A&M holds up against a run first team, thee pass d is so bad I assume that the run defense is made to look better than they really are because teams just go after them through the air.

Also I think Martinez is on the repair, he looked pretty good in the 2nd 1/2 against KS but the fumballistis hurt a ton. A&M is lucky to break 20 points and they will strggle to keep Nebraska under 28. Of course stats don't matter at the end of the day and that is why we play the game. :bonesflag:

FYI, our horrible pass defense held OSU to 284 yards passing. OSU had 283 against Nebraska.

FYI, our horrible pass defense held OSU to 284 yards passing. OSU had 283 against Nebraska.

Cool story and all aggy fan, but c'mon dude. You serious? It's nice that you have that 12th man vibe rockin and all, but Saturday is not going to be kind to you. Reading through your posts it seems as if you guys are almost trying to talk yourselves into it. Can't. Wait.

Cool story and all aggy fan, but c'mon dude. You serious? It's nice that you have that 12th man vibe rockin and all, but Saturday is not going to be kind to you. Reading through your posts it seems as if you guys are almost trying to talk yourselves into it. Can't. Wait.

We played OU two games ago - I think most of you seem to either have forgotten that - or want to pretend it didn't happen. We only beat them by 2 td's.

As far as our pass d, we are ranked low when it comes to yards, but our pass efficiency rating is 4th in the conference. Doesn't matter, really, anyways, since your passing offense is terrible. Martinez, when healthy, is a fantastic runner, but only an average passer and your wr's are more likely to catch a cold than catch the ball - particularly Paul.

We'll have to see strength against strength. Can NU line up and run the ball consistently on our d? Is Martinez healthy enough to be the running threat he was earlier this year or not?

I can tell you this, we are not trying to talk ourselves into anything - with homefield - almost every A&M fan I know is as confident as you are that A&M wins this game... including me...

Gig 'em!

Nice win over OU but what happened vs. Mizzou @ home.

About the same thing that happened to you guys against Texas :)

And yeah, quite serious. I don't think we're going to blow you out, but I think a lot of people are underrating A&M on both offense and defense and if we're sharp I think this could be a heck of a game.

We played OU two games ago - I think most of you seem to either have forgotten that - or want to pretend it didn't happen. We only beat them by 2 td's.

As far as our pass d, we are ranked low when it comes to yards, but our pass efficiency rating is 4th in the conference. Doesn't matter, really, anyways, since your passing offense is terrible. Martinez, when healthy, is a fantastic runner, but only an average passer and your wr's are more likely to catch a cold than catch the ball - particularly Paul.

We'll have to see strength against strength. Can NU line up and run the ball consistently on our d? Is Martinez healthy enough to be the running threat he was earlier this year or not?

I can tell you this, we are not trying to talk ourselves into anything - with homefield - almost every A&M fan I know is as confident as you are that A&M wins this game... including me...

Gig 'em!

Perhaps Oklahoma State can offer some in-sight on Martinez passing game. This was his last full pre-injury game.

And yeah, quite serious. I don't think we're going to blow you out, but I think a lot of people are underrating A&M on both offense and defense and if we're sharp I think this could be a heck of a game.

Touche fig, Touche. I like it :) I respect your confidence It's what makes games like this great. I had a good German Army/Poland reference I was going to make in my previous post, but it seemed innapropriate at the time..... Best of Luck to you guys and GBR!!

:bonesflag:

P

Touche fig, Touche. I like it :) I respect your confidence It's what makes games like this great. I had a good German Army/Poland reference I was going to make in my previous post, but it seemed innapropriate at the time..... Best of Luck to you guys and GBR!!

:bonesflag:

I call the aggie qb getting hurt and the Huskers ROLLING!!!!!! :bonesflag: