Big Ten CCG to be televised on FOX from 2011-2016

Nexus

Joe Buck doesn't even announce College Football games....I don't see the big fuss :dunno

For granted these are for bowl games on Fox but I could see any of these announcers doing the Big 10 Championship game instead of Joe Buck. Joe Buck has never did a BCS Bowl game on Fox so I could see that continuing with the new Big 10 Championship contract on Fox.

2006-07 Fox bowl Announcers

- Fiesta Bowl

* Play by Play: Thom Brennaman

* Color Analysts: Barry Alvarez and Charles Davis

* Sideline Reporter: Chris Myers

- Orange Bowl

* Play by Play: Matt Vasgersian

* Color Analysts: Terry Donahue and Pat Haden

* Sideline Reporter: Laura Okmin

- Sugar Bowl

* Play by Play: Kenny Albert

* Color Analysts: Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw

* Sideline Reporter: Jeanne Zelasko

- BCS National Championship

* Color Analysts: Barry Alvarez and Charles Davis

2007-08 Fox bowl announcers

- Sugar Bowl

* Color Analysts: Charles Davis

- Fiesta Bowl

* Play by Play: Matt Vasgerian

* Color Analysts: Terry Donahue and Pat Haden

* Sideline Reporter: Laura Okmin

- Orange Bowl

* Color Analysts: Daryl Johnston and Barry Alvarez

* Sideline reporter: Jeanne Zelasko

2008-09 Fox Announcers

- Sugar Bowl

* Color Analysts: Daryl Johnston

* Sideline Reporters: Chris Myers and Charissa Thompson

- Orange Bowl

- Fiesta Bowl

* Play by Play: Matt Vasgersian

* Color Analysts: Tim Ryan

* Sideline Reporters: Chris Myers and Laura Okmin

* Play by Play; Thom Brennaman

2009-10 Fox Bowl Announcers

- Sugar Bowl

* Color Analysts: Brian Billick

- Fiesta Bowl

* Play by Play: Sam Rosen

* Color Analysts: Tim Ryan

- Orange Bowl

* Play by Play: Dick Stockton

* Sideline Reporters: Chris Myers and Laura Okmin

FOX Sports' coverage of the Big Ten Football Championship Game will allow the Big Ten Network to play a prominent role at the site of the game, including the possibility of shared talent.

LINK

What this means is they'll likely use the Big Ten Network studio talents to cover those games. BTN talent bios can be viewed here. At least in this case the analysts are BTN employees with experience in everything Big Ten-related.

ESPN is positioning themselves to be the driving force behind southern collegiate sports. They signed a long term deal with the SEC; and they will outbid CBS for the SEC game of the week and championship game when the CBS contract comes up. They are also putting weight behind the ACC which would give them arguably the top football and basketball conference properties. Surprise, surprise ... they are also negotiating with Texas and the LSN to add them to the fold. Fox is going Big-Ten / Pac-Ten. Fox will grab the Big Ten game of the week when the contract is up with ABC in a few years. Pac-Ten is starting their own Pac-Ten network following the Big-Ten model. Fox will be the driving force behind the Big-Ten / Pac-Ten alliance. What’s that mean for CBS? ... Bye, Bye ... or dig deep in your pockets to bid on some of these properties.

Super-conferences are coming. It’s just going to be driven by the networks, not the universities. It’s not a coincidence that the Pac-16 fell apart at the last minute. Be very glad Nebraska joined the Big-Ten. Missou, Kansas et al are still very nervous.

ESPN is positioning themselves to be the driving force behind southern collegiate sports. They signed a long term deal with the SEC; and they will outbid CBS for the SEC game of the week and championship game when the CBS contract comes up. They are also putting weight behind the ACC which would give them arguably the top football and basketball conference properties. Surprise, surprise ... they are also negotiating with Texas and the LSN to add them to the fold. Fox is going Big-Ten / Pac-Ten. Fox will grab the Big Ten game of the week when the contract is up with ABC in a few years. Pac-Ten is starting their own Pac-Ten network following the Big-Ten model. Fox will be the driving force behind the Big-Ten / Pac-Ten alliance. What’s that mean for CBS? ... Bye, Bye ... or dig deep in your pockets to bid on some of these properties.

Super-conferences are coming. It’s just going to be driven by the networks, not the universities. It’s not a coincidence that the Pac-16 fell apart at the last minute. Be very glad Nebraska joined the Big-Ten. Missou, Kansas et al are still very nervous.

cool first post :thumbs

I have to disagree with the posters saying this is terrible news. Our CCG will be in HD, on a channel everyone in American can see for free. As long as Joe Buck isn't announcing the game, it'll be just fine.

As it would have been because it most likely would have been on ABC. Fox's coverage stinks. Hopepfully something changes before the game next year. Their BCS coverage was horrendous!

This is good news as far as I'm concerned. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like FOX coverage of football games and would be glad to have the Buck-Aikmen tandem.

I'm in agreement with you. I've always liked football games covered by FOX. For some unexplainable reason, I prefer watching NFL games on FOX better than CBS. I'm not really sure why..

I have to disagree with the posters saying this is terrible news. Our CCG will be in HD, on a channel everyone in American can see for free. As long as Joe Buck isn't announcing the game, it'll be just fine.

As it would have been because it most likely would have been on ABC. Fox's coverage stinks. Hopepfully something changes before the game next year. Their BCS coverage was horrendous!

This. They use NFL analysts/announcers who don't pay much attention to college football. Hopefully the Big 10 network announcers will be better.

• Fire 1

Teddy Greenstein's twitter:

Reported Fox #'s are HUGE. Approx $140m for six Big Ten title games. $20+m/yr nice bump from expected $13-$15m/yr.

Commish Delany gives credence to concept of moving title game around. Mentions Chi, Indy, Det, Minny & Cleve's "world-class facilities."

Fox says they are "still a few months away" from naming Big 10 title announcers. Says it's "important to have crew with a CF background"

LINK

FWIW, the SEC CCG gets roughly $14m/yr.