A & M Fans - Texas Style BBQ Sauce and Rub

Hey there all you A & M Fans!

I used to travel to Houston often for business and found the Texas Style BBQ sauce and preparation to be about the very best thing I've ever had. Damn, that Beef Brisket and pork ribs were to die for.

As I remember, you Texas folks like a very thin, vinegar based sauce and a rub that let the smoke do the talkin' Now while I am living out here in Oregon, I'd love to be able to produce an honorable Texas style brisket to go along with Oregon smoked Chinook Salmon!!! I am not a Duck fan by the way, wife and I both have graduate degrees at Oregon but we support the Beavers at Oregon State - those folks are old style fans like Huskers and Aggies! Through thick and thin, the Beaver fans have supported their team - just pretty cool folks.

Oregon fans have no class......too bad. They will just love CU next year!

I'd sure appreciate, in light of this being our mutual farewell game, if you followers of Texas BBQ would post in this thread your favorite Texas style sauce and rub recipes. I will then use this recipe and toast the Aggies for years to come!

Now I would never ask this favor from a Teasips! but I think the A&M / Huskers relationship has just been pretty good over the years and I hope you will go out of your way a little bit!

Go Big Red - Go Aggies

To the Administrator that Moved this Posting:

You silly clod.

How many people have tried to reach out with something we can all agree on before we end the series.

People like to respond to something they find attractive - Texas people like BBQ.

Have a little forsight before you make decisions and maybe think...