Thanks, Watson...

Wats cannot develop his players, and at some point he is going to have to fall on his sword. The play of his players is HIS responsibility. If they are not executing on gameday, then they are not executing in practice.

The talent development in the offense has been piss poor (excluding the TE's). The best wide receiver we have, McNeil, only has 13 completions. If a defense stops our big play we are screwed. The development of the QB's is abysmal. Washington, Lee, and Green have not been developed to their potential.

The offense cost us a BCS game last year, and potenitally cost us BCS Championship game this year. Please Bo realize we need to go in a different direction.

He developed Helu pretty well, Burkhead, Kyler, and Cotten all seem to be developing nicely as well.

Reed and Cotton are TE's coached by the only consistent offensive coach. Helu and Burkhead I'll give you, but being a good RB is more instinctive than coaching. And out of his 4 years of being here you named 4 players, what about all those he didn't develop (Holt, Henry, Gillylen, Paul [at times], Lee, Washington, Mendoza, etc.). There are just too many guys,with potential, that have fallen through the cracks.

How come you didn't respond to the offense not costing us better bowl games?

Wats has had is time. We should not forsake another year because of an inept offense.

I applaud him for his contributions, but he needs to go.

I personaly think that without the injuries, and considering the injuries that Lee developed well, Mendoza and Washington went through several position changes. Green gets a lot of flack but I have confidence he will develop well. That was just a few that I named there are still others that were under Wats that are having success at the next level, Slauson comes to mind.

If we do lose him, I'm afraid the whole program will take a giant leap backwards.

Yeah, backwards from scoring six points is scary. Even more scary is no Alex next year for the automatic FGs.

now everyone is free to there opinion but while forming mine I like to look at what "experts" in the field think, I've watched a lot of college footall in my life but I in no way consider my self an expert. Since the Watson bashers do not seem to address or care that TO has always spoken high of Wats, I compiled a list of rankings.

coachshotseat.com to assistant coaches (don't be confused that he is ranked that low they are all assistants.)

rivals.com offensive coach power rankings

those are just two, in addition to the biggest reputation boost a guy can get the aforementioned support of TO. No matter what this guy does he catches flack. He has to be one of the most underappreciated coaches in all of football.

Reed and Cotton are TE's coached by the only consistent offensive coach. Helu and Burkhead I'll give you, but being a good RB is more instinctive than coaching. And out of his 4 years of being here you named 4 players, what about all those he didn't develop (Holt, Henry, Gillylen, Paul [at times], Lee, Washington, Mendoza, etc.). There are just too many guys,with potential, that have fallen through the cracks.

Heh. Reed or Helu or Gilleylen are ALL out of Watson's scope in terms of development. That falls to Ron Brown, Tim Beck, and Gilmore.

We should only really be looking at QBs if you are talking strictly about player development, and Watson has done wonders with Ganz and Martinez; Lee has progressed quite well but obviously his season and now career were derailed by injury. We had heard good things too about Spano until his knee injuries and Witt before his transfer. Green is looking like a strikeout (partly due to the redshirt situation that couldn't be helped), but the nature of projects is that that risk is bigger than normal and a position change could be best now.

Don't think anyone really expects anything ever out of players such as LTW or RKJr, the emergency position switch and walk-on...but Carnes has a bright future, and if Turner can be worked with and utilized like Martinez, he could be even better. Of course right now that's counting chickens. So with a fairly small body of work, there's not much to conclusively state, but SW's reputation as a quality QB coach should precede him, and in fact, this entire system's reputation going back to SW's development of Ganz mirroring Callahan's development of Taylor: two skinny noodle-armed QBs with no business having the success they did. And two of my favorite QBs at Nebraska ever.

Heh. Reed or Helu or Gilleylen are ALL out of Watson's scope in terms of development. That falls to Ron Brown, Tim Beck, and Gilmore.

We should only really be looking at QBs if you are talking strictly about player development, and Watson has done wonders with Ganz and Martinez; Lee has progressed quite well but obviously his season and now career were derailed by injury. We had heard good things too about Spano until his knee injuries and Witt before his transfer. Green is looking like a strikeout (partly due to the redshirt situation that couldn't be helped), but the nature of projects is that that risk is bigger than normal and a position change could be best now.

Don't think anyone really expects anything ever out of players such as LTW or RKJr, the emergency position switch and walk-on...but Carnes has a bright future, and if Turner can be worked with and utilized like Martinez, he could be even better.

I'm not 100% willing to conceed that point, while Green is not anywhere near where we would like him to be, he is a serviceable qb with limited playing time. For crying out loud he is only a second year player with a lot of football and progression left in him. As for your other points I think we can all agree that T-Marts pasing has improved through out this season and a lot of that credit has to be given to Wats.

I've read every single post in this thread and have taken it all into consideration. As a fanatic Husker fan and a knowledgable fan of football, generally speaking, it's obvious to me that we need to cut loose some dead weight around the program. Starting with Watson, then Cotton, and although im not so sold on Gilmore being cut, i also dont think getting rid of him would hurt us either! The problem is on the offensive side of the ball. Turner for OC? He developed some of our best offensive QB's ever! Frazier, Frost!

Scott Frost would be a great idea.

He has been coaching receivers at Oregon for the last one maybe two years. He has to have picked up some good habits there!

Bring Scott back, nobody out there has more to anchor him to Nebraska than Scott Frost and the whole Frost Family!

Tremendous Idea there HuskerHandy35!!!

I've read every single post in this thread and have taken it all into consideration. As a fanatic Husker fan and a knowledgable fan of football, generally speaking, it's obvious to me that we need to cut loose some dead weight around the program. Starting with Watson, then Cotton, and although im not so sold on Gilmore being cut, i also dont think getting rid of him would hurt us either! The problem is on the offensive side of the ball. Turner for OC? He developed some of our best offensive QB's ever! Frazier, Frost!

He has been coaching receivers at Oregon for the last one maybe two years. He has to have picked up some good habits there!

Bring Scott back, nobody out there has more to anchor him to Nebraska than Scott Frost and the whole Frost Family!

There's some tension between Frost and Pelini, they would not work well together.

Bo is more responsible for our offensive failures this year than Watson, and last year too.

There's some tension between Frost and Pelini, they would not work well together.

Bo is more responsible for our offensive failures this year than Watson, and last year too.

I disagree with that...I guess it depends on what you call failure.

I think fans are responsible for viewing it as a failure when it isn't, but I suppose that is a debatable point.

Keeping things conservative and holding on for the win, and eschewing the fantasy yards in the process is fine by me if it enables us to win best. Really hard to say if another approach could have worked better, in terms of W/L.

I disagree with that...I guess it depends on what you call failure.

I think fans are responsible for viewing it as a failure when it isn't, but I suppose that is a debatable point.

Keeping things conservative and holding on for the win, and eschewing the fantasy yards in the process is fine by me if it enables us to win best. Really hard to say if another approach could have worked better, in terms of W/L.

Failure may have been a poor choice of words, Bo doesn't care about style points, he gets no more joy out of a 35 point win than a 3 point win IMO, in fact, he probably likes the 3 point win better as it gives him more coaching points through the week and keeps the team on a more even temperment.

I don't see any victory as a failure, to me, it's not how you win a game, it's how many you win.