Video of Osborne's hit?

I'm actually shocked the refs didn't just spot them 3 points for the "penalty" rather than 15 yards. I can't wait to see it again, but all I can remember from seeing it before was that it was squeaky clean. He didn't go high at all, wrapped up, didn't drive him into the ground, didn't taunt, and didn't get there late. It was the most textbook quality hit you could possibly imagine on a QB. Even Ed Cunningham thought the penalty was inappropriate.

Honestly, the game was over right there. That flag isn't thrown, and A&M either has a long field goal or more likely a short punt. We likely get the ball back w/ 3:00 to play and all the momentum to drive for a winning kick.

Did it put them into FG range? Regardless the game wasn't over right there; we got the ball back with three full minutes to score. That's all the time in the world and momentum is a wash in that situation. As much pressure is on the D as is on the O.

But if it got them into FG range, I gotta think they were practically trying to give them the FG position. C'mon refs. At least in '06, the late hit on Taylor, was an actual late hit. Even if not a very hard one. And we earned our touchdown after that.

Did it put them into FG range? Regardless the game wasn't over right there; we got the ball back with three full minutes to score. That's all the time in the world and momentum is a wash in that situation. As much pressure is on the D as is on the O.

But if it got them into FG range, I gotta think they were practically trying to give them the FG position. C'mon refs. At least in '06, the late hit on Taylor, was an actual late hit. Even if not a very hard one. And we earned our touchdown after that.

It not only put them in field goal range, it extended the drive, for crying out loud. That was a 3rd and 11 or so. They were done. Kaput. Driving deep, but coming up empty. Giving the ball back to our offense with 4 minutes and change, I believe it was.

There is something mentally different when you are playing to win as opposed to playing to tie. If A&M turned the ball over at that point, the game had set up very cleanly for Nebraska to drive for a game winner.

It not only put them in field goal range, it extended the drive, for crying out loud. That was a 3rd and 11 or so. They were done. Kaput. Driving deep, but coming up empty. Giving the ball back to our offense with 4 minutes and change, I believe it was.

There is something mentally different when you are playing to win as opposed to playing to tie. If A&M turned the ball over at that point, the game had set up very cleanly for Nebraska to drive for a game winner.

Yep, nailed it. It would have been 4th and 8 (instead of 11) if I remember it correctly from just inside the 50 on our side of the field, obvious punting situation. Instead, the call moved them down to between our 30 and 35 and gave them a 1st down.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was just asking for a refresher on where in the field it was. With 3 minutes left I don't think anything was over by any means, but it put us behind. In my opinion, not very far, because a comeback from 3 down with 3 to go is so commonplace. If we don't pull that off, we can't but blame it on us/credit their D for the stop. But it definitely hurt us. Just -- not quite the same way as the 15-yard personal foul penalty against Texas last year, as an example. That literally just about killed us, 90%.

Yeah, I agree with you. I was just asking for a refresher on where in the field it was. With 3 minutes left I don't think anything was over by any means, but it put us behind. In my opinion, not very far, because a comeback from 3 down with 3 to go is so commonplace. If we don't pull that off, we can't but blame it on us/credit their D for the stop. But it definitely hurt us. Just -- not quite the same way as the 15-yard personal foul penalty against Texas last year, as an example. That literally just about killed us, 90%.

The only difference being that Asante horse-collared Shipley like it was his job. I sort of saw it as a wash because if he hadn't, odds are that Shipley would've picked up another 5-10 yards, if I recall.

The real issue was Adi kicking the ball out of bounds. You wanna talk conspiracy? Didja know Adi is from Texas and was purpotedly (and by purportedly I mean I just made it up) a Longhorn fan as a kid? Just sayin' . . .