Others are questioning the calls. You may be surprised.

I saw this online at the Austin American Stateman. Link to Kirk Bohl's blog

An excerpt...I’m not saying Nebraska was jobbed when it was flagged for, what, 1,000 yards and Texas A&M twice for 10 yards, but I did think it was over the top when Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe threw four of the flags. Didn’t see the game, only saw highlights, but the roughing-the-passer call against the Cornhuskers was a joke. By the way, has Bo Pelini’s head exploded yet? Not saying he didn’t have a beef or two, but the Nebraska coach really needs to cut back on the coffee. His own chancellor said Sunday that he needs to have a sitdown with the fiery Huskers coach. And you know what Nebraska fans are thinking? That their favorite team will overcome this conspiracy, win the Big 12 in the title game at Jerry World in two weeks and then tell the Big 12 where it can take its 10-team league.

I think Bohl's is right on the penalties and Bo. The roughing call was very questionable from my vantage point as were a few other calls (I was at the game). That was the loudest stadium that I've ever been too, so the procedure penalties were expected. Bo needs to get his emotions under control. I'm all for showing excitement and passion, but within limits. We've all needed to improve in areas in our own jobs. Bo does too. I hope that TO and HP have a productive meeting with him. He is a talent that needs some polish. Sometimes the players need a calm voice to point out what they did wrong and why they need to improve on that.

The Huskers need to right the ship now and they can still accomplish a lot. I support the coaches, team and university. We need some positive energy now folks. You can be a part of that.

Go Big Red.

That last PF was BS but i couldnt help but laugh when you write, "I’m not saying Nebraska was jobbed when it was flagged for, what, 1,000 yards and Texas A&M twice for 10 yards, but I did think it was over the top when Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe threw four of the flags. Didn’t see the game, only saw highlights"

"in other words, i have no idea what i am talking about but i hate ATM so.....blah blah blah"

:dumdum

Didn't you know the "12th Man" is the Referee. j/k

I haven't had a chance to go back and watch the game to see what they were calling. ABC didn't show very many of the penalties by showing slo-motion replays either. Seems they were more about showing Pelini arguing the calls.

We are not the first or the last to have poor officiating. The Team needs to be more rounded to take the zebras out of the equation. :facepalm:

Moving on!!

:bluffs

Has anyone seen why Eric Martin got the personal foul(s) yet?

Maybe we'll get some clues Friday after he nets a couple more.

accountability mentioned something in this thread:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/48833-what-did-martin-do-to-get-the-personal-fouls/page__p__704740__hl__accountability__fromsearch__1#entry704740

accountability, on 20 November 2010 - 11:35 PM, said:

I watched a film other than the abc broadcast, he didnt do anything. it's all bs, everything about this tonight was. On the one he hit a guy but it wasnt bad at all just a hit on a play, not even close to the OSU hit, and the touchback he didnt even hit anybody from what i COULD see.

"You write"? He's quoting Kirk Bohls. Reading comprehension is a great thing.

Must be color blind too...

maybe i thought it was clear that i was commenting on the author that the op quoted......i guess i gave you too much credit.... :facepalm:

It's amazing how your own words can incriminate you...

or how things continue to fly right over your head.....