Back Up QB

PaulCrewe

So according to Sipple Ron Kellogg took reps at #2 QB with Zac Lee. Whatever. My questionis what the hell happened to LaTravis. The guy looked decent in the spring game if I recall right? Feel bad for the guy, nothing but a team player, but maybe should've never left the LB corp. Hell the guy is on special teams even. I am just curious how the kid who shot down an Ohio State scholly to come here, never will make a significant impact on either side of the ball. Insiders with other opinions, what went wrong here?

I think the previous staff mis used his talents. To me he was too small to play LB. Despite all of our injuries in'08 at LB he still couldnt crack the rotation. I guess that means he didnt get it or what. If I remember right he was recruited as an ATH. I think he couldve provided some offense explosion by playing some QB or WR.

A waste of talent if you ask me. It sucks I feel bad for the guy. Maybe we could get him some snaps on Friday.

So according to Sipple Ron Kellogg took reps at #2 QB with Zac Lee. Whatever. My questionis what the hell happened to LaTravis. The guy looked decent in the spring game if I recall right? Feel bad for the guy, nothing but a team player, but maybe should've never left the LB corp. Hell the guy is on special teams even. I am just curious how the kid who shot down an Ohio State scholly to come here, never will make a significant impact on either side of the ball. Insiders with other opinions, what went wrong here?

I was thinking the exact same thing when I read about Kellogg's move up the depth chart. I have nothing but respect for LTW, he has been the ultimate team player.

You would think LTW has an in-depth knowledge of the playbook and enough athletic ability to make something happen. Apparently not, but I would love to see him get the nod or at least some form of playing time to see if he can hack it.

Just cause a guy is a great athlete and great teammate doesn't mean it will translate to the field. I, too, would have like to see him get some time because he seems like a great guy, but the fact that he is never mentioned should be enough to tell you he just didn't pan out. He may have been mis-evaluated in recruiting (that never happens...) and remember that the spring game is still just a scrimmage, not a live game.

Don't get me wrong. Kellogg had all the lookings of a very good QB in high school, but I am really dumbfounded almost that he goes from scout to number 2. All the while a guy that has traveled to every road game this year isn't sniffing the field. I know it can't be because he throws bad because if that was the case he fits perfectly into Wats' system. Pretty sure LtW is a better runner than Kellogg as he was a very good option QB in Florida where Ron was much more of a passer and hand it offer. Just a little tough to wrap my finger on.

I think when you are talking about the 4/5 guys on the depth, there's always going to be potential for real fluidity there.

Really, he isn't #2 all of a sudden. He's just taking snaps at #2 while the real #1 and 2 (Martinez and Lee) aren't practicing. Hence, #3 takes #1 snaps, and #4 takes #2 snaps. He got the nod over LTW.

I think when you are talking about the 4/5 guys on the depth, there's always going to be potential for real fluidity there.

Really, he isn't #2 all of a sudden. He's just taking snaps at #2 while the real #1 and 2 (Martinez and Lee) aren't practicing. Hence, #3 takes #1 snaps, and #4 takes #2 snaps. He got the nod over LTW.

Lee practiced splitting reps with Kellogg according to Sip. And if the game was tomorrow Kellogg would be the number two QB more likely than not.