TSA Body Scanners

Wow, AH. That's messed up that they would do that. Any reason why she was chosen?

I am sorry to hear that as well. I don't like the idea of these things, but it should be random, no? Would you be more encouraged to hear that only Middle Eastern men were chosen for the scanners? Then we'd have a real problem.

Let's be real here, when has a white, teenage girl ever committed an act of terror?

I'm not advocating racial profiling, but a terrorist absolutely fits a certain profile and we'd be stupid not to use that information to our advantage. We are at war, hurting someone's feelings should be the least of our concerns. Do terrorists give a damn about our feelings or rights?

No, they don't. But that's not who's going to be hurt by it. It's the guy who gets singled out just because of what he looks like, and that's not right.

The whole thing is a bad deal all the way around. Bad idea, even worse execution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Mocek is an idiot fighting a battle that doesn't need to be fought. Showing your ID to board a plane doesn't infringe on your civil rights in the least. It's quite clear that ID is required to fly, so the moron shows up to board his plane with zero ID and a video camera and proceeds to play the victim. He was wrong, the charges against him were wrong, and in the end they were dropped, but it's all based off a situation he created.

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

Tha's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me!?!? :facepalm:

• Fire 1

Why exactly are we worried about no fly lists or body scanners at all? There will never be another plane hijacked in this country. The other passengers will subdue or outright kill anyone who tries it. The absurdity of the 9-11 hijackings was that they used a box/utility knife as the weapon. The issue was that we have pussified people from kindergarten to 'give the bully what they want so no one gets hurt, then go tell on them' To protect yourself and your rights, sometimes someone has to get hurt.

• Fire 1