how would Beebe "fix" NU's games?

DelK

Seems to me, given the disparity of fouls of 16 to 2 in the TAM game, consideration of methods "the brass" of the Big 12 might use to assure the results they want for football games involving NU are in order.

As a start, it is my assumption that making sure a certain team loses is not illegal. Given the right frame of mind, such action might not even be thought of as unethical if one were sufficiently incensed at NU's imminent departure from the league. It would seem to be unethical give what we all understand to be fair play.

It would seem important to not leave a trail so whatever would be done in the way of "suggesting" to a team of officials would not be done in writing and emails would be unwise. Given the tendency of folks involved in shenanigans to boast, the number of folks in on the deal would need to be kept to a minimum. What would be said, to whom, and when?

D

what is going to be our excuse when we lose in the big 10 next year and we dont have dan beebe and the "texas 10" conference to blame? thats what i want to know.

:snacks:

Well for starters, and this is looking ahead here, but if we were to lose games to the likes of Ohio St., Iowa and Wisconsin, i would assume that when/if that time comes, it would be cuz we simply lost to a better team. Can you say with a clear consciouss that Texas and Texas AM are better teams? Obviously we didnt play our best in each game. Could we have won those games despite the officials? Yes. Did the officiating make each game that much more "impossible" to win despite our poor play? Yes. I watch Big 10 games all the time and i never officiating issues as the ones i have seen in the Big 12 for years. Now on top of that the Big 12's officiating has seem to take a one way turn this season.

what is going to be our excuse when we lose in the big 10 next year and we dont have dan beebe and the "texas 10" conference to blame? thats what i want to know.

:snacks:

Well for starters, and this is looking ahead here, but if we were to lose games to the likes of Ohio St., Iowa and Wisconsin, i would assume that when/if that time comes, it would be cuz we simply lost to a better team. Can you say with a clear consciouss that Texas and Texas AM are better teams? Obviously we didnt play our best in each game. Could we have won those games despite the officials? Yes. Did the officiating make each game that much more "impossible" to win despite our poor play? Yes. I watch Big 10 games all the time and i never officiating issues as the ones i have seen in the Big 12 for years. Now on top of that the Big 12's officiating has seem to take a one way turn this season.

Yes your right we are better than both texas and atm, but when we failed to score an offensive touchdown in either game (I don't care how bad the officiating was) I am not gonna say they deserved to win and blame it on officiating, or dan beebe etc.

Does anyone NOT think that the BIG XII front office hasn't targeted Eric Martin and Courtney Osborn? Do you think the crews officiating the game haven't been told to watch them? How do you explain the non-call the for Gabbert fumble in the MU game and the flimsy excuse? How about the non-call of Burkhead nearly getting his head twisted off at ISU or G AY&M's Tony "the molester" Jerrod-Eddie's lack of punishment.

Did Beebe have to leave a paper trail? NO, just a word in someone's ear here and there. I thought it would be an issue before the season. Never realized how easy it would be to actually do.

Does anyone NOT think that the BIG XII front office hasn't targeted Eric Martin and Courtney Osborn? Do you think the crews officiating the game haven't been told to watch them? How do you explain the non-call the for Gabbert fumble in the MU game and the flimsy excuse? How about the non-call of Burkhead nearly getting his head twisted off at ISU or G AY&M's Tony "the molester" Jerrod-Eddie's lack of punishment.

Did Beebe have to leave a paper trail? NO, just a word in someone's ear here and there. I thought it would be an issue before the season. Never realized how easy it would be to actually do.

Thanks for thinking about it. How many different crews officiated NU games? Each of those crew chiefs would have been told and the word would have been passed to the crew members, so there would have to be a minimum of what? 26 guys in on the "know"? That's a lot of mouths to keep quiet. Wonder if an enterprising reporter might start asking questions?

Well, as a certain Midwestern aerospace company found out a few years ago,

you can use statistics to prove a hidden agenda.

It cost them about $30M in court judgements.

And, as our unfortunate experience in 1982 at Penn State proves,

it really only takes one crooked ref to throw a close game.

Right, Mike Guman?

Well, as a certain Midwestern aerospace company found out a few years ago,

you can use statistics to prove a hidden agenda.

It cost them about $30M in court judgements.

And, as our unfortunate experience in 1982 at Penn State proves,

it really only takes one crooked ref to throw a game.

Right, Mike Guman?

In the present case, there there is no way to get anyone into court, except for a suit by NU and that'll never happen. But there is a "court of public opinion" that is pretty potent if a reporter would pick up the trail.

As for needing only one official to "fix" a game, one never knows which one needs to be in on the deal to be certain of the outcome. The basketball ref was pretty effective because, for one thing, the number of officials is very small.