Broekemeier and Robinson

Husker66

Was anyone else as happy as me when these guys showed up? Solid players. I loved that play where Robinson ran over/through that player near the sideline to get 4 more yards ...very impressed with these 2. Was also very happy to see Zac is not out for good and Cody played well. We are 4-0 when Cody starts.We will need them all next week.

I had to grin alittle when I saw Broekemeier on the field in the first series. A senior that hadnt played in a football game in 8 years, gets his shot on Senior Day, god I love that. He did the walkon program proud.

He is what the walkon program is about. Guys that are passionate about husker football, they work their butts off for 4-5 years hoping they get in a game. But in the end its about being on the team and giving the little Nebraska towns they come from some pride.

Hope he gets some snaps in the CCG and bowl game.

Robinson's just been put in a bad position all year. He's not a RB that runs well from the Zone Read. Need to get the guy going north and south to get all his speed and power behind him. I would've liked to see Robinson during the South Dakota State, Texas, A&M, and Kansas games. Games where we might've been better served just lining up under center and pounding the ball straight ahead.