Hurry up offense

Ratt Mhule

How do you guys think we handle the hurry up offense next week? It doesn't matter who wins bc both OU and OSU run it. It seems like the teams that have run it on us this year wear out the defense quicker than the teams that have run traditional, huddle offenses. I think Missouri ran it, but our defense started to tire in the second half (still held them to 17 points, however). OSU ran it and our defense didn't look too good that game. Maybe Texas ran some no huddle too, I can't really remember. Discuss.

Okie Lite had the best success with their quick tempo. But the halftime adjustments made by NU's staff were outstanding, the Pokes didn't do much in the second half.

Boomer's hurry up isn't quite the frantic pace that Okie Lite and Mizzou runs. I'd feel much more comfortable looking at maroon and white across from the scarlet and cream next weekend.

the hurry up offense does scare me a bit, i mean it gives less time for the defense to get set. we did have trouble with it during the ok st game earlier this season. hopefully though having the experiences prior in this season will help us be more prepared against it another time. we have done well enough against to win. this is one of those things that you just got to have enough confidence that Bo and Carl will know how to handle it with defensive calls and signaling.

Fake an injury seems to be one way to slow it down.

That's for Oregon's style which is in an entirely different league than the hurry ups that NU has faced. The Duck style is hurry up on crank.

I found it quite annoying during the Cal-OU game when they kept timing the time it took between plays. But the hurry up offense scares me too a little. Especially if it is a close game and we are having trouble scoring. Thank God for the 1st quarter against Mizzou.