New bowl projections

FLU

just more "insight"........rumor/opinion

Just visited with uncle in Oklahoma City making arrangements for Big 12 game, and he said that the "word is" in Oklahoma that the Cotton bowl was going to take the OU/OSU loser.

He said even today, many in the state of Oklahoma think that OSU is in Cotton. NOW, he is just going by newspaper and speculation like the rest of us...

Sorry, but your uncle is mistaken... every indication points to A&M headed to the Cotton to face LSU. Okie St. will either go to the Alamo, Insight, or Holiday, depending on next week's outcome.

FLU:

Never claimed he was "right".....just adding what the word in OKC is..... once again, in a respectful manner...not sarcastic....cause I really love bowl speculation.... Where is all of your info coming from?

I have looked at the ONE link you gave...but for the ONE link....CBS, ESPN, FOX-SCOUT, and Bowl-projections.com ALL have Nebraska going to the Cotton bowl.. and all exept espn have been updated today...

Once again, I hope you are right and have more than just that one sight....I DON'T WANT COTTON....

The Oklahoma State board is buzzing about them going to Insight and Nebraska going to Cotton. I know that is opposite of what my uncle read in the papers this past week... a few members on their board thought they are going to Cotton.

Not starting arguement.....just want more links for me to visit..I eat this crap up :cheers

Keep your fingers cross for Virginia Tech to win the ACC and West Virginia to win the Big East (UConn loses to South Florida + WV beats Rutgers). That's the only scenario where the Orange Bowl might select the Big East champ over a higher at large.

Either way for us I think we're headed to Phoenix. If we lose the CCG, A&M will probably be selected for the Cotton Bowl, OSU for the Alamo and then we get Insight Bowl. The reason OSU would be selected for the Alamo over us is that the Pac-10 #2 (Arizona) is automatically bid.

FWIW, while I understand the logic of not playing Arizona two years in a row in a bowl game, it's not uncommon for such to happen. The most recent example happened last season when the Fiesta paired TCU & Boise. They also played each other the previous year in the 2008 Poinsettia Bowl.

That's true but it seems the lower bowls have to work a little harder to create interesting matchups that people want to watch. After the blowout last year a second outing with Arizona seems less interesting than Nebraska playing a Big 10 team. It gets even more interesting with the possibility that after Iowa's surprise loss to the goofers they may be in line for an Insight bid.

So if it did come to that, would you prefer to play a 4 (possibly 5) loss Arizona in the Alamo or a 5 loss Iowa in the Insight? Insight looks more attractive to me. It would kinda be a downer but still a great game.

FLU:

Never claimed he was "right".....just adding what the word in OKC is..... once again, in a respectful manner...not sarcastic....cause I really love bowl speculation.... Where is all of your info coming from?

I have looked at the ONE link you gave...but for the ONE link....CBS, ESPN, FOX-SCOUT, and Bowl-projections.com ALL have Nebraska going to the Cotton bowl.. and all exept espn have been updated today...

Once again, I hope you are right and have more than just that one sight....I DON'T WANT COTTON....

The Oklahoma State board is buzzing about them going to Insight and Nebraska going to Cotton. I know that is opposite of what my uncle read in the papers this past week... a few members on their board thought they are going to Cotton.

Not starting arguement.....just want more links for me to visit..I eat this crap up :cheers

Another... My link

I, for one, would much rather play in the Cotton than the Insight. The Insight just seems like such a lowly mediocre bowl, whereas the Cotton is played in prime time late in the bowl season on January 7. Unfortunately, it seems that Cotton Bowl officials are lobbying for A&M, firstly since NU will have played in the same stadium just a month before, and also because A&M beat NU head-to-head. On a side note, I am 99.9% sure we will NOT be going to the Alamo to face Arizona again.

Thanks for the other link....I read that in this mornings Omaha paper..

Yes, the Cotton is more "prestige", and LSU / Alabama (some sites have this match-up) would be attractive for tv.

The Insight has just had a lower profile over the years, and yes, it hasn't been an upper teir bowl, but they have now, increased the payout to more than the Holiday. They are trying to become a bigger and better bowl, and they have to start somewhere.

May be a lesser bowl in the eyes of fans, but I think any player or fan would rather spend 4-5 days in Arizona rather than in Dallas (again for the third time in a year)....

The exposure in Arizona would go a long way for recruiting in that state. While on site, the coaches visit high schools and open practices for area coaches to attend.

Guess we should just win the Big 12, go to Fiesta, then all question are obsolete.

Espn just updated their bowl projections....more speculation and both gurus have different destinations...both pick NU to lose to OU by the way (not suprised by espn)

Schlabach projects Nebraska vs Arizon in Alamo

other chick projects Nebraska vs Michigan in Insight

I think most bowl committees meet tomorrow or early this week. Hopefully we will have a fairly solid opinion by early this week.

Espn just updated their bowl projections....more speculation and both gurus have different destinations...both pick NU to lose to OU by the way (not suprised by espn)

Schlabach projects Nebraska vs Arizon in Alamo

other chick projects Nebraska vs Michigan in Insight

I think most bowl committees meet tomorrow or early this week. Hopefully we will have a fairly solid opinion by early this week.

Some new projections have Nebraska playing Alabama in the Cotton... that would be a nice match-up, definitely a step up from Michigan or UConn...

I still do not understand the love for Stanford, the only real teams they have faced are Oregon, spanked pretty badly, up and down SC and Arizona. Most likely none other than Oregon will be ranked at end of season.

There competition have a losing record same as Oregon.

Stanford and Ohio State are so overranked it is amazing. Oregon is for that matter and is the reason Auburn jumped them. I really do not understand this computer stuff, neither should be ranked very high looking at their win and loss as to who they have played and where they are ranked, other than the two teams mentioned, are all under 500.

I would rather play Alabama in the Cotton than Stanford, but Stanford gives us the most credence.

Not going to worry about it much until after the OU game. If we are in Phoenix for either I will have another tailgate, same if we should fall to the Holiday.