Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

First off, I think the Huskers have the upper hand in this game as long as we bring our A game on both sides of the ball. I think this will be a low scoring game much last years game, but with one difference, our offense will have a slightly better game than it did last year against Oklahoma.

Oklahoma won't throw the ball early, knowing full well how much better our secondary is against the pass, expect Oklahoma to open with a running game since it is our weakness (though it hasn't shown lately). When the defense shows it can stop the run and force 3 and outs, Oklahoma will have no choice but to try and throw the ball on play action, that is when the floodgates open and we start to see turnovers and possible points on the Huskers side.

As for the Huskers, establishing a balanced offense is key to keep the defense energetic and healthy, the offense may not get points as often as we want but it will chew the clock keep the ball out of Oklahoma's hands and keep our defense rested for the next series. Expect Burkhead and Helu to see equal carries just like the last game, it may not lead to much at first, but once the defense loosens up to a few long passes from either Cody Green or Zac Lee, Burkhead and Helu will have a great day against the Sooners to secure the win.

What kills us in this game? Not containing the Sooner ground game, not forcing turnovers, and our offense turning over the ball.

My prediction for the game.

Huskers 17 - Sooners 9

We are likely without our starting quarterback, and almost for sure without our starting quarterback at 100%. Cody green has done a decent job managing, but Oklahoma will have a better defense than CU.

On the other hand, Landry Jones throws a lot of interceptions - not what you want to do against this secondary. DeMarco Murray might be out. And we have a better overall defense by far.

Discuss.

After careful consideration and deep reflection, I've decided that I have no clue who will win. I'm just going to be rooting for the good guys as always.

OU, walks away with an impressive win.

Turnovers and inability to move the ball.

Well, if we can't move the ball and turn it over a lot, I agree that OU will win big. I just think that our guys will find a way to avoid both of these pitfalls.

Personally, I don't think it's impossible that Cody and Rex could lead us to a win. Indeed, I expect this is what will happen on Saturday.

OU may be somewhat limited in the run game without D Murray. Their leading tackler (Lewis) got injured last night also and I have no idea on his status. Basically this time of year everybody is playing hurt. I think the Huskers matchup well against the Sooner's strengths ie our pass defense vs OU's pass offense and the fact that they rely on it especially if they are missing Murray or he is not 100%. But as is usual it will be decided in the trenches. It's going to be a great game and one that nobody can give an accurate guess on. I'll take a shot in the dark and say Huskers 23/ Sooners 20.

What if Martinez is good enough to plant on though? I still think he's a better passer than Green and thus more valuable, even without his burst. Cody Green did show a lot of improvement and touch on some of his passes, but Martinez has that competitive "it" factor. He normally steps up when the situation calls for it. Do we know how well his ankle is healing or who might start?

• Fire 1