Tickets

Someone tried to sell me 50 yard line tickets at face value to B12 CCG on Craiglist by identifying themselsves as an agent for a UK Travel Agency using "Royal Mail" for delivery/payment and Western Union. Their story...."we bought these tickets as a gift for a promotion for one of our biggest clients, and then the deal with them fell through. We just want don't want to get stuck with the tickets." I called the travel agency in the UK and they had never heard of the person the listed the tickets on Craigslist.

Should have know better....those Brits hate American football. There's no way they would be buying American fooball tickets for a big client.

I don't know if I should list the name of the person who is committing this fraud (email address)? I would hate to see someone get burned by this scam. It really preys on honest people wanting to see a football game at a reasonable price.

Dude, when March Madness was here in Omaha a few years ago this was going on nonstop. Me and a buddy kept toying with the guy, telling him we would buy them, then asking for more proof that they were real and then sending him a million emails asking more and more questions then trying to haggle on the price again. It was a blast!!

The guy was also from England, trying to sell "tickets" for college basketball. It was priceless.

• Fire 1