Ok, let's break this game down

Offensive line, I don't know much about your guy's offensive line, although I know you guys can run the ball pretty well. OU's offensive line is above average, better at pass protection, than running it, but not bad there. I say Even.

Quarterbacks. If martinez was 100%, I'd give this a even too, just based on his explosive running ability, I've watched some of green, and I really like our matchup there. Landry's numbers speak for themselves. I'd give the not to Advantage OU.

Running backs, Burkhead and Helo, Murray, finch, and Madu...Even.

Wide recievers, Broyles, Stills, Kenny, and james hanna althouth he's a tight end flex's out and plays like a receiver, is a really good group. You guys what little I've seen of them, I have to give the nod to OU. Advantage OU.

Defensive line. Although our is playing better as of late with some scheme changes, You guys win this one.Advantage Nebraska.

Linebackers, I like our group, don't know much about yours, ( would like some insight here) I'll say even until we can come up with some numbers. Just checked the big stats. You have some pretty good linebackers. Our numbers aren't as good as yours since we've had to sub guys in and out other than Travis Lewis. Still say Even here.

Secondary, I like our group, but the stats don't lie, you guys lead the big 12 here. advantage Nebraska.

Special Teams. I'm going strictly by the kicking game, and your guy is really good. advantage Nebraska.

I got 3 Nebraska, 2 OU. With 3 evens.

What do you guys think?

It should be a good game.

Nebraska's defense is built to stop offenses like the one OU runs. While Landry has played better this year, I think he still makes a lot of mistakes, and I think Nebraska's secondary is going to jump on a few of those. As far as your wide receivers, while they are better than our wide receivers, I don't think they match up well against our secondary. The interesting matchup there is probably going to be Eric Hagg on Ryan Broyles (that's if Nebraska does what they did last year, which was to just have Haag follow Broyles all over the field).

As far as your running game goes, I think we have the athletes at linebacker to contain Murrary without too much trouble (Lavonte David is a beast). The guy that worries me a little bit is the little guy, Finch, only because we have had some tackling issues pop up throughout the year in our secondary. However, that's been a non-issue lately, so I think we'll be ok. The only other thing that worries me is the no-huddle offense, but I think our defense has matured to the point where we can handle that without too many assignment busts.

As far as our offense against your defense, I think it's all going to come down to whether Nebraska can get in 3rd and manageable. If we can get into 3rd and 1-3 situations on a pretty consistent basis, then Nebraska should be ok. However, if Oklahoma shuts down our running game and we're unable to open it up with the pass, it'll be a long night for our offense. Nebraska's going to be conservative, and they're probably going to start the game by just seeing if they can outmuscle OU's defense down the field. If/when that doesn't work, they're going to have to prove they can loosen up the defense by stretching the field. I have no idea at this point how that would work out for Nebraska.

Finally, Nebraska's gotten killed with penalties (good calls and bad calls), so I think that's another important factor. If Nebraska can get a few turnovers, and not shoot themselves in the foot with untimely penalties, I really like Nebraska's chances. This is counting on a stellar effort from the Blackshirts, which I think is entirely possible given the matchup against Oklahoma's offense.

Looks pretty close to me but might have to get more respect out our linebackers...our backers are extremely fast, can tackle, and have become huge players in our defense. Lavonte David is probably going to break the tackle record this year, which is saying alot because he was listed as second string at the beginning of year. Will Compton is coming off an injury and has not seen much playing time this year, but he was a starter last year and a great player.

I guess with our Peso you have to throw Hagg in at linebacker or corner, but which ever one you do he greatly improves that position too. I will take our defense over anyones but again you have the edge in offense.

We do have some play makers on offense but have not been very consistent this year, to say the least. With a healthy Martinez the quarterbacks would be pretty close but since he is not you have the edge.

Our receivers can be great but yet again they have some problems with drops.

Our running backs are explosive just like yours and they are very productive. Not sure what the word is on Murry if he is a go or not but that would help us out if he wasnt, kids a stud.

And special teams is a no brainer, Henery is one the most accurate kicker in NCAA history and his punting has greatly improved and can change the field at any moment.

This is going to be a great game and I can't wait to watch it!! Both teams will be pumped and it's great to end the Big 12 with Oklahoma, a team we can respect and have alot of history with. Needless to say I think Nebraska will win a close one, maybe by a Henery last second field goal!?!

QB, advantage OU all the way, healthy Martinez or not. But if we are talking about healthy Martinez vs OU D and Landry vs NU D, advantage Taylor easy, IMO. As it stands with Green, you guys have the clear advantage. Nobody knows really what to expect. Rexcat alleviates some of the doubt surrounding Green, though.

RB, I'd say even. Our D seems to be adept at stopping a guy like Murray, though.

WRs - CLEAR advantage OU even with Niles. Niles has been a bit up and down but was by far our most dangerous threat and one of a few playmakers we have on O. Now he's out.

OL, I don't know...how is your OL? Could be a push, but our OL has been up and down. They might get after it, or they might roll over.

DL, I don't know much about yours. Ours is not the same as last year, of course. They have done a fine job but in other games have struggled IIRC. Last year, what allowed us to surprise and hang in with anyone in the country was in no small part thanks to the DL being beastly and completely taking over in big games. That dimension seems to be absent this year.

LB, we don't really have a group, we have Lavonte David. A lot will be asked of him. With Travis Lewis, I'm tempted to say adv OU. David has done well but is growing into the job still. Compton started last year but didn't have such a great year. I don't think he is injured currently.

DB, definitely advantage NU. 4 legit badass STUDS here, and that doesn't even get to our two safeties, who are solid.

P/K/KO - definitely NU.

It will be a very good game that I think will be won in the trenches. Big ?? about how good Nu's OL and DL will do. If NU's OL struggles, or if the DL doesn't blow up on OU's line, we could be in trouble. On the other hand, if both dominate, we could win this handily.

Forgot Head Coach.....

Stoops - Not a substitute for experience, the guy has been here a few times. Don't think for a moment that he won't have his boys ready to go. I suspect a few wrinkles/trick plays to start and try to get the momentum flowing their way.

Pelini - Relatively raw, only 2nd CCG, and he'll never let the public know it, but he is still bent on what happened last year. Pretty sure he is jamming 'execution' down the throats of the players this week. The defense will be ready, but will OC Watson be ready to adapt to different personel if the time comes...can he call the perfect game?

Objectively looking here, slight edge to OU

With that said.....GBR

Offensive line, I don't know much about your guy's offensive line, although I know you guys can run the ball pretty well. OU's offensive line is above average, better at pass protection, than running it, but not bad there. I say Even.

Quarterbacks. If martinez was 100%, I'd give this a even too, just based on his explosive running ability, I've watched some of green, and I really like our matchup there. Landry's numbers speak for themselves. I'd give the not to Advantage OU.

Running backs, Burkhead and Helo, Murray, finch, and Madu...Even.

Wide recievers, Broyles, Stills, Kenny, and james hanna althouth he's a tight end flex's out and plays like a receiver, is a really good group. You guys what little I've seen of them, I have to give the nod to OU. Advantage OU.

Defensive line. Although our is playing better as of late with some scheme changes, You guys win this one.Advantage Nebraska.

Linebackers, I like our group, don't know much about yours, ( would like some insight here) I'll say even until we can come up with some numbers. Just checked the big stats. You have some pretty good linebackers. Our numbers aren't as good as yours since we've had to sub guys in and out other than Travis Lewis. Still say Even here.

Secondary, I like our group, but the stats don't lie, you guys lead the big 12 here. advantage Nebraska.

Special Teams. I'm going strictly by the kicking game, and your guy is really good. advantage Nebraska.

I got 3 Nebraska, 2 OU. With 3 evens.

What do you guys think?

It's a good thing that the O lines, Receivers, etc. don't line up against each other.

On non-touchback kickoffs our coverage has been shaky at times as of late. This concerns me. I'm not worried about our defense against OU offense. Throw it 60 times please please please. Unless we haven't figured out the hurry up but I think the Pelini's find a way. Finch could give us fits in the run game as someone stated earlier. Murray doesn't seem to worry me as much. I don't think he is as good as some other backs we have faced. The wildcard for me is what our offense can produce. Martinez can't be 100% I just don't see how. So that leaves us with Green and Burkhead running the offense. Green has improved but his confidence is lacking. He needs to have a big game. Burkhead will deliver thats what he does. We are looking at a hard fought defensive battle which I believe gives NU the advantage. Remember the names Gomes, Hagg and Dennard, they will be OU's leading receivers. I'd say Prince but nobody throws that direction.

Running Backs:

Helu 6.7 ypc

Burkhead 5.7 ypc

Finch 4.7 ypc

Murray 4.4 ypc

Break it down a little further.

Helu - 1120 rush yards on 166 attempts

Murray - 1053 rush yards on 240 attempts

Burkhead - 822 rush yards on 144 attempts

Finch - 361 rush yards on 77 attempts

Intriguing stats, but not sure if they mean much considering the different offensive schemes of OU and NU. Clearly Nebraska places more emphasis on the run game, while the Sooners better utilize the passing game. Nothing new there.