A Honest Question

Taylor didn't have the ability to run which is a huge par to of his game. Personally I think some of his hesitation to stay in the pocket came from his inability to run tonight. I think a healthy Taylor would have provided a much more affective offense.

In the beginning he seemed to scampering around just fine. His decision making is what got him into trouble. He makes the freshman mistake of always looking for the big play, instead of just taking the 'L' and living for another play.

He was not full speed, I can assure you on that. I can guarantee that he would have made a couple more first downs and he wouldn't have gave the ball off so many times on the zone read. Martinez's ability to reach top speed in three steps in not available today and that killed us.

I do acknowledge though that there were many plays where I was screaming for him to just throw the ball away, but he is a redshirt freshman still. He will learn and he will heal, and we will be fine.

Cool, he's a freshman I get it. Both he and Green came in the same year, but no one has faith in Green to come in and play, or develop him.

There seems to be a man crush on T-Mart, but we don't need a dynamic QB to win games. We just need a solid QB. We have some decent weapons that are underutilized, because we are putting all of our eggs in the T-Mart basket. We need to a better job of incorporating these other talents into games, so when T-Mart can't break one we aren't left high and dry.

Green's decision making isn't the best either, the A&M game was proof enough to discover that...

If we have a QB who doesn't throw to no one in the end zone and get picked because he's doing everything he's not coached to do, we probably win this game. Taylor was the antiquarterback tonight. I think Rex would have been more effective the whole way through.

i dunno, neither Green nor Martinez could stand in there very effectively as our offensive line played with their normal lack of tenacity....OU's defense was collapsing our pass blocking, reminded me of the Callahan days....oops, Cotton wasn't here then was he....oh will, different OL coordinator, same result.

Taylor played like a freshman last night and I can only find fault with the INT he threw in the end zone. If he throws it high and long we come away with at least 3 points. How does Watson come up with a good game plan for CG against Colorado and then stink it up against OU. The only conclusion I can come up with is that it was Colorado and we beat them inspite of him. He has to go and the sooner the better. He's looking for another job and I don't want him recruiting for us with recruits knowing he probably won't be here next year. The offensive line is critical to Nebraska football. Frazier was great but part of the fact that he was so great is the fact that he had a great O-line in front of him. Zac Wiegert and Brendan Stai never gave up a QB sack while they wore the Crimson and Cream. The people we have in front of our QB now don't even come close to the quality we have come to expect. I think when Watson leaves he should take Cotton with him.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Too much is put on the OL in my opinion. OU's DL was good, but not THAT good.

Taylor played like a freshman last night and I can only find fault with the INT he threw in the end zone.

There is a lot more to find fault with.

Throwing to nobody in particular (you would know the pass if you saw it, or maybe I'm not being specific enough :()

Throwing to Kinnie, wide open for an easy 3rd down conversion, but throwing a yard behind him and watching it drop to the turf. Chronic problem. Taylor has been on/off with leading receivers and that time he was very off.

Taking sacks even when you have a ton of time to get rid of the ball. Not just any sacks, drive-killing sacks that took points off the board and preventing us from having a good shot at the end of the game. Some of that is on Watson for calling it, but you got to be able to trust your QB to not do something completely stupid like that, or not have him in there at all.

Too much is put on the OL in my opinion. OU's DL was good, but not THAT good.

Taylor played like a freshman last night and I can only find fault with the INT he threw in the end zone.

There is a lot more to find fault with.

Throwing to nobody in particular (you would know the pass if you saw it, or maybe I'm not being specific enough :()

Throwing to Kinnie, wide open for an easy 3rd down conversion, but throwing a yard behind him and watching it drop to the turf. Chronic problem. Taylor has been on/off with leading receivers and that time he was very off.

Taking sacks even when you have a ton of time to get rid of the ball. Not just any sacks, drive-killing sacks that took points off the board and preventing us from having a good shot at the end of the game. Some of that is on Watson for calling it, but you got to be able to trust your QB to not do something completely stupid like that, or not have him in there at all.

I agree with you on this.... these were absolutely killers. The sack were he had 10 seconds to get rid of the ball. The INT were he couldve just thrown it away and come away with 3 points and be somewhat satisified. Our offense left about atleast 3 FGs on field due to stupid playcalling and bad QB play.

Taylor should be seasoned enough by now not to make freshman mistakes.