You can't turn it over 5 times and give up 7 sacks and expect to win

WYHusk

Our freshman quaterback has no confidence in his passing ability and our Offensive Line gives him .025 seconds to make a decision...bad combination.

I think our OL had its share of struggles tonight but honestly, at times they gave him 4 or 5 seconds to make a decision. Any decision other than stand there or hop around randomly and take the sack. This happened over and over, it was getting pretty out of hand.

The team has lost two. There was no winning of the CCG last night by the Blackshirts. At best they salvaged it at the end by giving the O two good chances to tie. But a performance where you give up 23 points and 455 yards doesn't usually qualify as a win. The O had a chance to tie the game, and didn't. That's why they shoulder a ton of the blame.

In 2009, we drove for and made a field goal at the end of the game to put us up by 2. We were in a position to win if we could just hold on with the defense. Defense, and special teams, couldn't hold on that time. So the blackshirts had an opportunity to ice the game with the final Texas drive, but they didn't, and instead allowed the GW field goal. So it's a lot of their credit that they got us there, but they also blew that opportunity. It's a team loss all around. No, I get that the blackshirts pulled way more weight last year. But D winning games and O losing them is an unfair characterization. If you really want to pin the game on one side or another, you got to look at the meaningful plays at the end where one unit or another had the chance to single-handedly turn the tide. Going off of that, the D blew a very good chance given by the O in 2009, and in 2010, the O blew 2 very good chances given by the D. Fair is fair.

You have a valid point, but you broke a cardinal rule of having a successful thread: No good thread ever has "pwned" in the title.

Waste of a thread.

I don't see why. Seems to me that that's what happened. But whatever.

Do we ever have some hyper-vigilant mods around here. Sheesh, fellas.