Will Martinez be fully healed for the washington game and have his speed back?

Screen is a Callahan specialty I used to think would never be missed here. I wonder how screens just fit into this current offensive identity. From OC to OL to QB, and then to the playmakers on the field. I don't know about Helu in the passing game, but Rex has definitely shown some good stuff there. This offense can't get enough of Roy and Rex. If Martinez is anything less than capable of providing his big-play threat, I say go with Green, which will result in a LOT of Roy and Rex, and hopefully some more under center stuff that we've been missing, as well as more playaction and different kinds of passes.

With all this time to prepare, I am leaning towards being on the 'Get behind Cody and give him a shot' bandwagon, while Taylor can recuperate and recover behind the scenes and away from the spotlight. If he gets healthy in time, let's see some TaylorCat thrown into a gameplan we built otherwise around Cody.

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I just wonder if it's a good idea.

Taylor's strength = big-play running potential. If that's not there, he has a lot of ground to make up to regain confidence and the little rhythm/form he was gaining in his passing game that has regressed, understandably, since his injury. If he can't do the one thing he really does well and sets him apart, what does he offer as a starting QB?

Thing is, do we play into our offensive strengths by having Cody in the game? What I mean by that is by Cody being in the game it kinda forces Wats hand to use Roy and Rex more which has obviously been kind to us in the past. Just think about that for a second.......

It's a pleasant thought. Washington isn't great against the pass (63rd in Pass Efficiency), but they're even worse against the run, 103rd in the nation there.

The fact is that we could really go either way. I'd love to see some of that Cody Green hype come true in this game, but my gut tells me we'll see little or none of him. He may already be on the way to another position. His future at Nebraska isn't at QB, unless Carnes, Turner and (although unlikely) Starling are total busts.

Maybe if Cody plays it's a tip that the coaches fear Martinez may really be looking to transfer. Lots of drama.

Thing is, do we play into our offensive strengths by having Cody in the game? What I mean by that is by Cody being in the game it kinda forces Wats hand to use Roy and Rex more which has obviously been kind to us in the past. Just think about that for a second.......

It's a pleasant thought. Washington isn't great against the pass (63rd in Pass Efficiency), but they're even worse against the run, 103rd in the nation there.

The fact is that we could really go either way. I'd love to see some of that Cody Green hype come true in this game, but my gut tells me we'll see little or none of him. He may already be on the way to another position. His future at Nebraska isn't at QB, unless Carnes, Turner and (although unlikely) Starling are total busts.

Maybe if Cody plays it's a tip that the coaches fear Martinez may really be looking to transfer. Lots of drama.

Although would like to hope that if Green does get the nod, then Martinez really is not ready to play... This will all be over once and if he attends his 1st class after winter break.

turf toe needs a lot of rest before its competly healed, maybe a couple months.

his ankle should be fine though.

Are you sure the "turf toe" wasn't a red herring?

It was at the very least pink. Maybe full-on red. Hard to say.

Methinks it was a full on red herring. I still think he got voted off the team by the unity council following the aTm game, then got reinstated on the condition he doesn't play the following week vs CU. That might just be me, but that "turf toe" came waaaaay too far out of left field.

Wearing a boot in practice is a little weird, though. If he wasn't really hurt, they could have come up with any number of injuries that don't require a boot.

However, the way he was scrambling early against OU makes me wonder. Maybe they just gave him a really nice shot of something, but he didn't look like he suffered from turf toe in that game.

Wearing a boot in practice is a little weird, though. If he wasn't really hurt, they could have come up with any number of injuries that don't require a boot.

However, the way he was scrambling early against OU makes me wonder. Maybe they just gave him a really nice shot of something, but he didn't look like he suffered from turf toe in that game.

Hence the red herring comments. It was all a diversion from the truth IMO.

Probably a shot of something which wore off after a while. Probably caused him some pain to do it.

Bo will protect his players, which is the kind of loyalty that is appreciated from the head coach and good to see. So I don't mind any red herrings here. But getting voted off the team by the unity council? Sounds like a one way street, the kind of thing you don't come back from, you know?

Probably a shot of something which wore off after a while. Probably caused him some pain to do it.

Bo will protect his players, which is the kind of loyalty that is appreciated from the head coach and good to see. So I don't mind any red herrings here. But getting voted off the team by the unity council? Sounds like a one way street, the kind of thing you don't come back from, you know?

good point...