Has anyone done the netflix trial on the ps3?? how long is the trial for and if you dont want it at the end of the trial what do you have to do ??

I am a new member for Netflix and I'm loving it. I have it on my PS3 but can also add my account to my 360 and on the Netflix app on my TV. The free trial is for 30 days and you can drop Netflix anytime since you don't have to sign a contract which is nice.

I've watched numerous movies in HD thru Netflix and it looks amazing, even the SD movies don't look too bad. Sounds like Netflix is in the process of buying more new and old movies to be offered through their online streaming because online streaming is the new and popular feature because people want to watch the movie now instead of waiting a day or so to get the DVD in their mail box.

The only bad thing is that they don't offer a whole lot of new movies through their online streaming but within time newer movies will be available to watch instantly.

i heard that they are going to limit the number of devices you can stream on similar to how you pay for the number of dvd's you want out at a time...

it used to be 6 if i remember correctly, which works fine when you run a ps3, a couple laptops, a touch and a internet ready dvd player...you run into it pretty quickly with a bigger household.

i LOVE netflix, but if they are going to limit it down to one or two devices, ill cancel my subscription. we regularly have 2 or 3 running- especially when everyone is going to bed.

i swear i saw this in a notice from them recently but cant seem to find mention of it anywhere now, and havent noticed any changes yet.

anyone else know anything?

i heard that they are going to limit the number of devices you can stream on similar to how you pay for the number of dvd's you want out at a time...

it used to be 6 if i remember correctly, which works fine when you run a ps3, a couple laptops, a touch and a internet ready dvd player...you run into it pretty quickly with a bigger household.

i LOVE netflix, but if they are going to limit it down to one or two devices, ill cancel my subscription. we regularly have 2 or 3 running- especially when everyone is going to bed.

i swear i saw this in a notice from them recently but cant seem to find mention of it anywhere now, and havent noticed any changes yet.

anyone else know anything?

Netflix currently limits to six devices total, that is the limit they instituted recently.

Also, Netflix recently added a streaming-only subscription service ($8.99/mo iIrc) so folks that go over the six device limit have a cheap(er) method of extending access to (six) more devices.

And just so folks are aware, Starz Play will be going the way of the dodo this year unless Netflix wants to pay through the nose. One of the execs for the cable provider that owns Starz had gone on record a week or two ago saying they ****** up in letting Netflix have access to their programming for so cheap.

• 1 month later...

I've recently got Netflix, for 11.99 a month, for blu-ray DVD's. Looks great on my PS3, it's fast, tons of content. We have canceled our cable and have no regrets. The recent update for the PS3 is fantastic with a better netflix page format, more user friendly browsing and I actually prefer it to PC browsing. Gets a thumbs up from me! :corndance