Potential OC, post-Watson

Roark

Scott Frost. We already copy Oregon's offense and nobody has a better knowledge of it. Easy transition, popular among fans, keeps our recruiting ties to the west coast, and would be a good mentor to a young QB.

Home to him is always going to be in the PAC 10/12. Remember the Orange Bowl where he flat out said he wished he could have done this for Stanford.

No. I do recall him saying that he wished that he would have gone to NU all along. Heck he is from Wood River, NE, and both of his parents were NU grads.

Scott Frost. We already copy Oregon's offense and nobody has a better knowledge of it. Easy transition, popular among fans, keeps our recruiting ties to the west coast, and would be a good mentor to a young QB.

we run a spread option, thats the only thing close to oregon's offense. the name. they run it by far better and they throw it a ton more than we do.

we run a spread option, thats the only thing close to oregon's offense. the name. they run it by far better and they throw it a ton more than we do.

they also have this certain thing we used to have back in the day...what was it, oh yeah...balls.

we seem to carry half a pair right now.

they also have this certain thing we used to have back in the day...what was it, oh yeah...balls.

we seem to carry half a pair right now.

and he is not the OC there. a receivers coach. teaches about 7 routes and how to block. i hope someday he can cut his teeth and learn how to be a big time coach, and make it back here to nebraska to make a huge contribution. this year is not that year

dont get me wrong, im not a a bring scott frost to nebraska guy. he's a solid young coach. an offensive coordinator? hardly.

for crying out loud oregon is making hay with a down USC. they are the Kansas circa 2007 of the big 12. And I dont care how great their offense works, in 2-3 years, maybe even less, its going to be irrelevant. In fact I fully expect it to be exposed next month, when they get in a trenchfight with a SEC team. Its another flash in the pan system. Some parts of it will stay and be used, but as a system its just not fully fleshed out.

dont get me wrong, im not a a bring scott frost to nebraska guy. he's a solid young coach. an offensive coordinator? hardly.

for crying out loud oregon is making hay with a down USC. they are the Kansas circa 2007 of the big 12. And I dont care how great their offense works, in 2-3 years, maybe even less, its going to be irrelevant. In fact I fully expect it to be exposed next month, when they get in a trenchfight with a SEC team. Its another flash in the pan system. Some parts of it will stay and be used, but as a system its just not fully fleshed out.

The spread option isn't a flash in the pan system. It's the new look of option football, which has been around forever. You're like the guy that said that the I-formation was a flash in the pan system when people started to move towards it and away from the wishbone. The spread option is still built on the same principles that formed Tom Osborne's attack in the 80's and 90's.

I honestly think Oregon will get exposed a little bit next month too, but I think it's their athletes and their execution that's going to get exposed, not their system. Besides, Auburn runs a different variation of the same offense. In the last four years, Florida has won 2 national championships with the spread option system. It's nothing new, and it's not going away. It's not a gimmick.

They throw out of playaction most of the time, which is set up by their running game. But Oregon is a run-first offense.

Their passing game is one we should emulate if we're going to stick with the spread option, because their passing game actually compliments their running game. We try to run a spread option ground attack with a west coast passing attack. They're running a spread option ground attack with a spread option passing attack.

The spread option isn't a flash in the pan system. It's the new look of option football, which has been around forever. You're like the guy that said that the I-formation was a flash in the pan system when people started to move towards it and away from the wishbone. The spread option is still built on the same principles that formed Tom Osborne's attack in the 80's and 90's.

I honestly think Oregon will get exposed a little bit next month too, but I think it's their athletes and their execution that's going to get exposed, not their system. Besides, Auburn runs a different variation of the same offense. In the last four years, Florida has won 2 national championships with the spread option system. It's nothing new, and it's not going away. It's not a gimmick.

i think i wasnt clear enough. the way oregon fully depends on it is a gimmick. the one team that stood up to them this year, came after their asses and didnt get freaked out on the ends when they were left unblocked basically shut them down. oregon didnt have anything else to go to. they couldnt line up and run it. they couldnt line up and pass it. they kept running that damn zone option read thingie and getting stuffed. auburn will have the horses to finish unlike cal, coupled with an offense that can score.

i think i wasnt clear enough. the way oregon fully depends on it is a gimmick. the one team that stood up to them this year, came after their asses and didnt get freaked out on the ends when they were left unblocked basically shut them down. oregon didnt have anything else to go to. they couldnt line up and run it. they couldnt line up and pass it. they kept running that damn zone option read thingie and getting stuffed. auburn will have the horses to finish unlike cal, coupled with an offense that can score.

Hmmmmm sounds familar.....

Yeah, they had one bad game against Cal... who faked injuries because they otherwise couldn't slow Oregon down.

And when Oregon needed to run 6 minutes of clock off to win that game, they did so by handing the ball up the middle and churning out chunks of yards on the ground. The last drive of that game old-school, just out of the shotgun.

Honestly, I don't think Auburn will shut down Oregon. I think they'll put up plenty of points, and they'll control the clock, but I think Oregon's going to put some points up. I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see a 42-28 type game.

So what is the update on Watsons status. Is there any new info. Or is this just Christmas wishlist time. Is he gone or is it still up in the air? The other Watson thread is like a freaking harry potter book. I don't feel like reading all that. So what is the word?

Dont bother, I posted some info from miami redhawk messageboard, but it pretty much went unnoticed. Their coaching search thread is the samething, very little info actually on their. I believe Watson is a finalist, we should know before the Holiday Bowl,fwiw.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Oregon is the #2 rushing offense behind air force. They are NOT a passing team... Also, we did go out and study Oregon's O in the offseason which is why we saw so much more of a run based attack at the beginning of the year.

Yeah, they had one bad game against Cal... who faked injuries because they otherwise couldn't slow Oregon down.

And when Oregon needed to run 6 minutes of clock off to win that game, they did so by handing the ball up the middle and churning out chunks of yards on the ground. The last drive of that game old-school, just out of the shotgun.

Honestly, I don't think Auburn will shut down Oregon. I think they'll put up plenty of points, and they'll control the clock, but I think Oregon's going to put some points up. I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see a 42-28 type game.

cal was a 5-7 team this year-that brings another thing to mind--3 of their wins were in the supposedly toughest conference in the land-- auburn is a whole different beast.

if oregon can run the ball up the middle on auburn at the end of the game to finish it off ill wear a tutu with a rose in my mouth and post pictures on huskerboard.