What do you want? Watson OUT or IN?

ESPY

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll isn't so much what you think will happen as much as it is what you WANT to happen. Sure, there are plenty of threads discussing Watson, but I think it's worth getting a head count of some kind to see how many HB members want Watson out and how many want him to stay on board moving forward.

It seems like the overwhelming majority on HB want Watson to go. But, for every person who says that, there's a couple people who want to keep Watson.

Again, this is NOT what you think Pelini/TO will do. This is simply a poll for the fans to express what they want to see.

My vote: OUT, even if he isn't hired elsewhere.

My reasons:

1) Bo has a vision for the NU offense. But, it appears Watson has a different vision. This makes for foundational conflict among the coaching staff and consequently among the players.

2) Watson has made poor in-game decisions and adjustments at key moments in big games, and it's cost us dearly on the scoreboard and subsequently the win-loss column.

3) Under Watson (and his offensive coaching staff), the offense has lacked consistent execution and motivation.

4) Even though Watson is heralded as a quality QB coach, we have not seen expected improvement in the play of our starting QB. Martinez' injuries must be noted here, but it's important to recognize his lack of growth as a passer.

5) Watson just does not seem to fit the mold Bo is looking for. And as long as Bo is the HC, we need an OC who's on the same page at all times (see #1).

Mangino for OC? One Kansas writer thinks it'd be a good fit...

Unless you're that Kansas writer, I don't care. You're the fan here. So, what is it you want to see happen?

*clears throats* excuse me for hijacking your thread, I just didn't want to start another irrelevant Watson topic.

Keep Watson, possibly look at replacing Gilmore and/or recruit better WRs.

I voted for the last one even though its the most unlikely scenario. I think Wats brings much good in terms of game planning and preparation, but his game mgmt and backup QB development is questionable. Since the last option is unrealistic, I'd ultimately prefer one that can do well managing all aspects of the offense.

Mangino for OC? One Kansas writer thinks it'd be a good fit...

Unless you're that Kansas writer, I don't care. You're the fan here. So, what is it you want to see happen?

*clears throats* excuse me for hijacking your thread, I just didn't want to start another irrelevant Watson topic.

Keep Watson, possibly look at replacing Gilmore and/or recruit better WRs.

No worries. I came across a bit stronger than I meant to. It's just that the Mangino angle has been mentioned in at least two other Watson threads that I can think of. I'd understand if you don't want Watson because you do want Mangino, but it looks like that's not the case based on your vote. Either way, sorry for the harshness of my response there.

I voted for the last one even though its the most unlikely scenario. I think Wats brings much good in terms of game planning and preparation, but his game mgmt and backup QB development is questionable. Since the last option is unrealistic, I'd ultimately prefer one that can do well managing all aspects of the offense.

I don't think it's unrealistic. But, perhaps I should add another choice, something like: "IN, remains OC but gets different staff (replace Gilmore, Cotton, etc.)".

I don't think it's unrealistic. But, perhaps I should add another choice, something like: "IN, remains OC but gets different staff (replace Gilmore, Cotton, etc.)".

I say unrealistic because giving someone else a co-OC designation is essentially a demotion for Watson. Thats why I cant see Bo allowing someone else to manage the parts of the offense where Watson has seemingly been deficient.

I say unrealistic because giving someone else a co-OC designation is essentially a demotion for Watson. Thats why I cant see Bo allowing someone else to manage the parts of the offense where Watson has seemingly been deficient.

If we had a competent OC we would be playing in a BCS bowl this year. Probably only end up with 1 loss or none probably.

Gotcha. So that last choice makes more sense then, eh?