Where do we go from here?

ladyhawke

Man, how much do you think we ran the ZR last night? I could be wrong but I don't think it was that much. Was it much more than 15 plays?

It's not about how many times we ran it as much as WHEN we ran it. For the last 5 games, everyone knows when it is coming and defense it appropriately. We don't check out of it even if everyone else can see that it will get stopped.

If every fan watching the game can see it, shouldn't the coaches see it also?

NebHusker72, you are spot on. The zone read is a play you should run periodically throughout the game. Not on every single 1st or 2nd down.

What absolutely blows my mind is that when the zone read is clearly not working ( and this has happened in many games), Watson just continues to

run that play. We do not have an offensive identity, it's that clear. If Watson were to go, is the OC job at NEB an attractive job?

Also, what type of offense should Nebraska even be?

it will take time, most OC's will assign their identity to a team and recruit the type of players and coach to that identity/philosophy....i think it is harder to develop an offense as opposed to a defense, which Bo was able to fix rather quickly.

IMO Wats sold out to TM and the dream of an Oregon style offense, but TM just can't make qb decisions or throw the ball...he sold out instead of developing a thrower....qb's need to be throwers first and foremost.