new batch of bowls

np_husker

Say goodbye to San Diego and the Holiday Bowl, not to mention San Antonio, Arlington, Texas, and New York.

With Nebraska's final game as a member of the Big 12 Conference on Thursday, the Huskers can start looking forward to the Big Ten bowl lineup, starting in 2011.

Here's a refresher on the menu, in selection order: Rose (Pasadena, Calif., versus Pac-12 or BCS), Capital One (Orlando, Fla., versus SEC), Outback (Tampa, Fla., versus SEC), Gator (Jacksonville, Fla., versus SEC)/Insight (Tempe, Ariz., versus Big 12), Texas (Houston, versus Big 12), Dallas Football Classic (Dallas, versus Conference USA), Little Caesar's Pizza (Detroit, versus Mid-American).

All but the Texas, Insight and Little Caesar's Pizza bowls are played on New Year's Day.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101230/BIGRED/712309800/-1#from-the-sidelines-cook-joins-huskers-as-guest-coach

Say goodbye to San Diego and the Holiday Bowl, not to mention San Antonio, Arlington, Texas, and New York.

With Nebraska's final game as a member of the Big 12 Conference on Thursday, the Huskers can start looking forward to the Big Ten bowl lineup, starting in 2011.

Here's a refresher on the menu, in selection order: Rose (Pasadena, Calif., versus Pac-12 or BCS), Capital One (Orlando, Fla., versus SEC), Outback (Tampa, Fla., versus SEC), Gator (Jacksonville, Fla., versus SEC)/Insight (Tempe, Ariz., versus Big 12), Texas (Houston, versus Big 12), Dallas Football Classic (Dallas, versus Conference USA), Little Caesar's Pizza (Detroit, versus Mid-American).

All but the Texas, Insight and Little Caesar's Pizza bowls are played on New Year's Day.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20101230/BIGRED/712309800/-1#from-the-sidelines-cook-joins-huskers-as-guest-coach

Now we can wind up getting our asses kicked by an SEC team. I hate the SEC, but even I can see that they are the best conference by far. And the Big 12 is a pile of steaming doody. And we couldn't even win it. Here's to hoping we see some great young QB light it up at the Spring Game and at least give me some hope that things may be okay come next fall.

Bittersweet. Easy to get to Florida, but I'd rather go to bowl games in Pasadena, New Orleans, Tempe, or South Beach (yeah, I know Miami is in Florida....WAY south Florida). Can't wait for the inevitable UGA/NEB matchup.

Who do YOU root for in that situation?

Now we can wind up getting our asses kicked by an SEC team. I hate the SEC, but even I can see that they are the best conference by far. And the Big 12 is a pile of steaming doody. And we couldn't even win it. Here's to hoping we see some great young QB light it up at the Spring Game and at least give me some hope that things may be okay come next fall.

What? I thought you had your "great young QB" this year! Now you want a new one?

Bittersweet. Easy to get to Florida, but I'd rather go to bowl games in Pasadena, New Orleans, Tempe, or South Beach (yeah, I know Miami is in Florida....WAY south Florida). Can't wait for the inevitable UGA/NEB matchup.

Who do YOU root for in that situation?

Root for the Huskers, no doubt about it.

Well, I was fortunate enough to see the Huskers in the Holiday Bowl last year, and unfortunate to witness them this year. I will miss the possible trip to the Holiday Bowl (2 hour drive)…BUT…I can always root for the Rose Bowl (25 minute drive), or the Insight bowl (45 minute flight or 4 hour drive). I just wish there weren’t so many of the Florida Bowls in that line-up. So as long as the Huskers just win the Big 10/12, I will get to see them every year.

:koolaid2: