Cody Green

Cody Green is the leader we will need next year. We need a leader that is ready to roll up their sleeves and start kickin some a$$ and motivating teammates in order to compete in the Big Ten next year. There was a thread about accountability on the board earlier and Green defines accountability. He has always been willing to talk with the media even after disappointing losses when other players seem to shy away. He doesn't point fingers or make excuses and knows what it takes to be a leader. At quarterback you need the guy that is willing to put those extra hours in film study and preparation and I think Cody is a guy the offense can rally around next year. I think he has gained enough experience over the past two years to be a confident starter and I don't want to relive another season with a freshman quarterback without leadership skills. I hope Bo gives Cody a chance next year and uses Martinez's talent in a different way because he is too explosive to keep off the field.

I agree...I admit I bashed the kid at the beginning of the season but watching how he conducts himself both on the sidelines and on the field, I think he deserves a shot at the starting job. I always notice that Green is always around the coaches, talking to the players, looking at the clip board, and being in the huddle when the offense is on the sidelines discussing things during a time out. You can tell Green really wants to be a part of the team. When Martinez is on the sidelines, he just stands there and squints at the score board. I hardly see anyone speaking to him and he NEVER walks over to the sideline huddle.

I agree...I admit I bashed the kid at the beginning of the season but watching how he conducts himself both on the sidelines and on the field, I think he deserves a shot at the starting job. I always notice that Green is always around the coaches, talking to the players, looking at the clip board, and being in the huddle when the offense is on the sidelines discussing things during a time out. You can tell Green really wants to be a part of the team. When Martinez is on the sidelines, he just stands there and squints at the score board. I hardly see anyone speaking to him and he NEVER walks over to the sideline huddle.

Yeah he might of struggled a few times this year but look at the situations he was brought in. In spite of the job the coaches did with Cody this year he still found a way to progress, unlike the rest of the offense.

i think we are desperately seeking at least some display of leadership in a qb...nothing wrong with that, i too don't like TM's sideline demeanor, but leadership begins on the field, Wats needs to understand, a qb needs to manage the game plan and be able to throw the damn football. as soon as that happens, the team starts believing.

I am intrigued by how far Cody has come to the point where he looks like he can be a good passing pocket quarterback with impressive size, speed and physical tools. Very impressed as he is taking shape as a QB when he was such a project. But he has not had and don't think he will get a chance here, in this offense. Best of luck to Cody, hope it can work out well somewhere.

I'm about 98% sure that barring an injury, Taylor will be the starter next year.

I'd love to see if we could get Cody on the field at receiver or TE, but we need depth at QB too, and if Carnes or Turner or Starling has to step in against Ohio State after Taylor gets hurt, we will be in HUGE trouble.

All of that said, we need drastic improvement on the offensive line and in the wide receivers. Without that, it won't matter if we have Peyton Manning at QB, our offense will still suck.

I am intrigued by how far Cody has come to the point where he looks like he can be a good passing pocket quarterback with impressive size, speed and physical tools. Very impressed as he is taking shape as a QB when he was such a project. But he has not had and don't think he will get a chance here, in this offense. Best of luck to Cody, hope it can work out well somewhere.

Is he transferring?

All due respect, Cody's gotten to start 4 games here, which is way, WAY more of a chance than most QBs who come to Nebraska ever get.

I'm about 98% sure that barring an injury, Taylor will be the starter next year.

I'd love to see if we could get Cody on the field at receiver or TE, but we need depth at QB too, and if Carnes or Turner or Starling has to step in against Ohio State after Taylor gets hurt, we will be in HUGE trouble.

All of that said, we need drastic improvement on the offensive line and in the wide receivers. Without that, it won't matter if we have Peyton Manning at QB, our offense will still suck.

Probaley get hurt next year, not sure if will be an ankle or his feelings!

Cody Green has shown us no consistency,ever. He still struggles with simple passes. I don't understand how people can defend him when he "gets thrown into games" and "has to many nerves" to get a good drive going. Truly talented athletes make plays when they are called upon, whether it be in the 1st half against a Div. II school or the 4th quarter of a national championship game.

Cody Green has shown us no consistency,ever. He still struggles with simple passes. I don't understand how people can defend him when he "gets thrown into games" and "has to many nerves" to get a good drive going. Truly talented athletes make plays when they are called upon, whether it be in the 1st half against a Div. II school or the 4th quarter of a national championship game.

your right it is green or Martinez who will hold the ball for 10 sec. and take a sack instead of just throwing it away. Carries the ball like a loaf of bread, I see NO defense of Martinez either! What to do!!

Cody Green has shown more consistency than Martinez, I think Martinez was the most inconsistent player in all of college football he went from Heisman long shot to being benched several times. I think Bo likes Cody a hell of a lot more than Martinez and I think if he can grow the balls to get rid of Watson we will see Green as the starter next year

All due respect, Cody's gotten to start 4 games here, which is way, WAY more of a chance than most QBs who come to Nebraska ever get.

That's true. 2 of those games were in his supposed-to-be redshirt year. It is worse for Cody that he had to start them than it is a credit that he got to. He shouldn't have played last year, period. He was thrown into a tough situation, and yanked quickly. Early on this year, it was the same thing with his 2nd quarter playing time. And his final two starts? After injury, he became starter by default. And was yanked the next game, despite Taylor not having healed up, because Taylor was 'The Man.' Got some time in A&M, but Taylor was sent back in as 'The Man.' Got the CU game - Taylor was suspended - and as soon as that was done Taylor was 'The Man' once more.

Cody got to flirt briefly with being 'The Man' last year when he shouldn't have, and never came close to it again. It couldn't be more clear that Taylor is far and away the top guy here right now, and it is because of the new offense's direction more than anything that I say Cody won't get a shot. This year he was always the substitute we had to go to without other options, nothing more.

Blackshirtsguru, I have no info on this, I am just saying it seems like the offense is moving on in a direction that will continue to leave Cody behind, so I think he should try his shot elsewhere. I think if he works hard and lands in the right situation, he could make something of it.