Taylor Martinez

An amazing qb? Amazing runner yes, but an amazing qb he is not. Anyone who can't do something as simple as step up in the pocket or feel the pressure in a simple 3 or 4 man rush is not an amazing qb. Someone who can't set his protection or make more than 1 read is not an amazing qb. I am hoping that he drastically improves on this in the off-season bc with his running ability that would make him pretty potent.

But as I've posted several times I just hope that team unity and morale doesn't crumble under his leadership.

He's not even an amazing runner, let alone an amazing QB. He has nothing but straight line speed. He can't even make other players miss, only tries to outrun them on the edge and fails to do so. I'm not sure how we are all whiny bitches for stating the obvious.

Taylor just needs to develop

Taylor can't pass. you can't really develop that.

That's up to the coaching staff to determine after spring ball and the summer. It's the entire coaching staffs obligation to get the most out of every player, at every position quarterback included. Politics and any egos aside the responsibility lies with the coaches maybe more on a H.C., to put the best team on the field. I don't care what name is on back of any jersey at any position as long as that player is the best available and going to give 100% for the Big Red. This job again, is the coaches and they are responsible.

what are you basing this thread off of? pure speculation and rumor?

hes 20 years old, and you guys want him to come in and be an instant leader. do you have any idea how difficult it is to earn the respect of upper classmen as a first year starter? please, lower your standards for the first year freshman RS starter

hes 20 years old, and you guys want him to come in and be an instant leader. do you have any idea how difficult it is to earn the respect of upper classmen as a first year starter? please, lower your standards for the first year freshman RS starter

I will speculate, that he is a cancer. Can only run straight ahead with blazing speed, cannot cut even when healthy.

Cannot pass or read defenses, I guess how long do You want to wait on him. At least give somebody else a chance.

He does NOT have the respect of the team and may never.

After saying that, it sure makes for an interesting spring, IMO!

'

The QB at Tennessee is just as young and did a great job of rallying his line in their bowl game. How many times have you seen Taylor even talk to his line or recievers?

There are 18 yr. olds that can do exactly that. It just depends on your maturity and it does take a little bit of time to get comfortable enough to take a leadership position. Taylor still seems immature to me and that is usually because of upbringing...being coddled, told your the best all the time, etc, etc. Not saying there is anything wrong with still being immature. At some point he is going to have to man up and take the lead if he wants to remain the starting QB.

Do you know what I think about Taylor Martinez?

He is fast.........and needs a competent QB coach to develop his passing ability. Don't give me any Joe Ganz stuff, either. Jay Norvell and Bill Callahan and Ganz's work ethic developed him. Not the OC that won't be named.

He needs more than a QB coach to develop his passing ability.... he needs a miracle worker

• Fire 1

He is fast.........and needs a competent QB coach to develop his passing ability. Don't give me any Joe Ganz stuff, either. Jay Norvell and Bill Callahan and Ganz's work ethic developed him. Not the OC that won't be named.

He needs more than a QB coach to develop his passing ability.... he needs a miracle worker

He needs Turner Gill.

• Fire 1

He needs Turner Gill.

That is the most intelligent post I have seen in a long time. Turner specialized in developing these types of players. He is sorely missed in this area.

Tmart is an amazing qb who will tear the Big10 apart with a competent OC & qb coach that we'll have next year. Thank God Bo is 10,000 times sharper than the endless butter knives on this thread.

Then all the little whiny bitches on here taking cheap shots at our freshman qb will crawl back to their mother's basement and continue their miserable lives doing something (worthless no doubt)else.

Didn't see this response coming. <_<

Heaven for bid someone question anything about Taylor Martinez. :nanalama

Bashing Watson = Awesome!

Bashing Martinez = Living a miserable life out of your mothers basement. :moreinteresting

• Fire 1

Well, he is young and has room to grow. Yet, what I have seen of his demeanor with the team and on the sidelines, I am truly not impressed. It doesn't take a genious to see that he is all about himself and it will be his downfall. We have some talent behind him (Brion Carnes) and some coming in (Jamal Turner, unfortunately Bubba Starling is a pipe dream and will never be here. God, I hope I am wrong about Bubba). He better watch out, he may be next years Zac Lee and be riding the bench. It just seemed to me that during the Bowl game when Cody was at the helm, the O line pass blocked better. We have eight months to wait and see what will happen.