Maybe these coaches do know what they are doing

I know the coaches came into the season saying the O-line was a strength, but what else were they suppose to say? I'm noticing in in our recruitment list we seem to have a lot more, high quality, OL recruits then in recent memory. These coaches recruit based on need, not necessarily just "best available", and if they are recruiting more O-line recruits than previously, it tells me they think it is a weakness. Can anyone tell me how, numbers wise, this class is stacking up against, say the last 3 or 4 OL recruiting classes?

In the 2011 class, according to rivals.com Nebraska has 4- 4 star recruits on the offensive line, and 1- 3 star recruit.

In the 2010 class, Nebraska has 2- 4 stars and 1- 3 star on the o-line.

In the 2009 class, Nebraska had 0- 4 star recruits and 4-3 stars on the o-line.

So yes, based on recruiting rankings and what scouts are saying, this is Nebraska's best offensive line class in recent memory.

It is better than recent classes, but you have to wonder if those kids are going to get the best coaching, the offensive line this year was supposed to be better than past seasons. But, seeing them get pushed around in some games leads me to believe that Barney should be one of the first ones to go.

It all starts up front, I dont care who we have at QB or RB, if there is no consistent play up front then the offense will not preform as expected.

We can recruit all the stars in the World, but it doesn't mean squat if we don't coach them up. Take Suh for example. I was willing to write him off as a bust until Bo got a hold of him. It's a shame the talent the previous coaching staff pi$$ed away. Barney Cotton will find a way to make these highly touted recruits as average as he possibly can.