The 2011 QB Thread

Remember when Bo was saying Lee wasn't injured, or Martinez what 100%? Or how about all the other "coach-speak" he tosses around? :) Take what comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt.

My least favorite Bo-ism. DO NOT LIKE.

And in reality there isn't much of a point to it. I know everyone says he's bad with the media. They say it's his right as the coach. They say the media are compariable to that nasty stuff that builds up between your toes. But he honestly goes out of his way to be "BO" with the media. Talk about honesty, loyalty, trustworthy and all those other boy scout characteristics that Bo preaches...he doesn't display any of them when it comes to the media, and ultimately to the fans, since that's how we get our feed during the week.

Just once this year I would have liked him to say "Martinez certainly isn't 100% and it's impacting our offensive strategy and production, but Lee isn't ready to go either so Green is certainly seeing so more snaps and will be ready at gametime if Martinez can't go."

Instead he says "Martinez is improving and it will be a gametime decision".

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Remember when Bo was saying Lee wasn't injured, or Martinez what 100%? Or how about all the other "coach-speak" he tosses around? :) Take what comes out of his mouth with a grain of salt.

And in reality there isn't much of a point to it. I know everyone says he's bad with the media. They say it's his right as the coach. They say the media are compariable to that nasty stuff that builds up between your toes. But he honestly goes out of his way to be "BO" with the media. Talk about honesty, loyalty, trustworthy and all those other boy scout characteristics that Bo preaches...he doesn't display any of them when it comes to the media, and ultimately to the fans, since that's how we get our feed during the week.

Just once this year I would have liked him to say "Martinez certainly isn't 100% and it's impacting our offensive strategy and production, but Lee isn't ready to go either so Green is certainly seeing so more snaps and will be ready at gametime if Martinez can't go."

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

Has anybody ever listened to the questions Bo gets asked sometimes?

Reporter: "Coach, last year your offensive line was very inconsistent, not able to sustain blocks and was beat in pass protection on critical downs. Your first year quarterback got hurt midway through the season and looked less than 100% at any point the rest of the year. Your wide recievers had crucial mistakes in the biggest games of the season. Do you like the direction of the offense?"

Bo: "We just gotta get it fixed."

And no, I'm not exagerating. listen to a press conference sometime, and try to hear the actual questions. When Bo gets a clear, consise question without a lot of BS around it, you get a straight answer. Otherwise, "Bo-isms" come out, and people think he's too rough with the media.

That's understandable. Coaches should keep injury info close to the vest. Or he could just forward an email to the next team. "BY the way guys, our QB is ailing. This is what part of his body is injured, and how badly it is injured. I trust you won't go after that or anything..."

Just once this year I would have liked him to say "Martinez certainly isn't 100% and it's impacting our offensive strategy and production, but Lee isn't ready to go either so Green is certainly seeing so more snaps and will be ready at game time if Martinez can't go."

Instead he says "Martinez is improving and it will be a game time decision".

That's understandable. Coaches should keep injury info close to the vest. Or he could just forward an email to the next team. "BY the way guys, our QB is ailing. This is what part of his body is injured, and how badly it is injured. I trust you won't go after that or anything..."

yes, but the whole Bo charade is just stupid, the kid is in the game for 5 minutes and everyone can see he isn't 100%.....not sure who Bo thinks he is fooling....silly ass game really.